Jack Monroe #292 Poet, philosopher, fighter, cook, hero

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I often think about doing it to. Taking it further. I suspect I am. I just never get round to it. I’m the complete opposite to Jack though, I know that no two people on the spectrum are ever the same, so you can’t really draw a fair comparison between two people with ASD or ADHD, but if she actually is, then she’s the only one I know that uses it as excuses for every mistake she makes. That’s why I doubt her word on it. I suspect she picks parts of people she meets irl. She then uses it all to form her own personality. A bit creepy when you look at it like that. It’s very telling how SB isn’t allowed to be his own person. She always has to jump on his interests and claim them as her own. As much as I dislike her, she also fascinates me. As in the psychology behind it.
I know a person like Jack who uses his ASD as an excuse for everything under the sun - but oddly, unlike Jack's claims her parents kept the diagnosis from her, I think his behaviour is learned from his mum who used it as an excuse for everything when he was younger (not at all saying all or most parents of neurodiverse children do this, just this one specific mum) and it's carried on into adulthood.

He's absolutely telling the truth about the diagnosis but he definitely uses it still and isn't always telling the truth about what it affects and I think that's how I feel about Jack.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
I think when she was trying to cut frozen sausages with a pair of scissors she may have inadvertently taken off a chunk of unruly labia
Speaking of, a childhood party staple has been forever ruined for me because now, well…

Is is just me or are these types of little cakes now about 1% “butterfly” 99% “Unruly Labia”
FCAD53C4-035E-4CF6-9916-9D63AB837029.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 54
With all the years she’s wasted washing beans and doing senseless tit wouldn’t you think she’d have done great things.
Like her website for example, she’s soooo many recipes (apologies for calling them that but for arguments sake let’s) she legit could’ve created something where the user could type in say 10 ingredients and her site fetches up the closest recipe to those 10. And that would’ve been pretty great, instead what has she brought to the table? Lies, innacurate costing, bad geography, slop and a whole load of appropriation 🤯

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
Probably studying her map of Eastern Europe. 🤭
I’m hooting away here, I’m imagining the OH trying to explain it to her like that scene on Father Ted.

“This one is a country in Eastern Europe, and this one is a southern state in America.”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Still grunking, only on page 35, but I hope the next geography chaos (can we vote for the chaoses we want to see?) is New Ireland, Papua New Guinea:

1650721134576.png

I can't wait to read Jack spouting about her Irish heritage and colcannon, only to find she's posting links to the PNG island rather than the Emerald Isle.

Forensic attention to detail.

View attachment 1214832

I know it's probably moved on
It hasn't moved on. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
I know it's been alluded to on here, but have missed if it's been suggested as a thread title nomination. Assuming there's a new thread today, we could go with

Jack Monroe: Happy St Georgia Day!

Or alternatively if it doesn't tip over to a new thread in time - this, from TurnedUpInTipp

Patron Saint of Georgia!

• Haha
Reactions: 38
OH MY GOD FRAUS.

Dipping in and out on a slow grunk and NONE of you told me I'd deployed that video prematurely.

Georgia ffs.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
if ‘all georgias are interchangeable’ isn’t the next thread title then i’ll go on slop strike

• Haha
Reactions: 64
I’m loving this. She’s proper shown herself up as a liar and a spineless whelk and she’s never done such a thorough job of anything in her life so far.

1. wrong country
2. It’s a banger
3. Church recipe nerd
4. Is alerted to her error and quietly deletes that bit of the tweet

normally she’d be all “well WHEN did I say that EXACTLY I’m so SICK of these TROLLS twisting my EVERY WORD. But you go on love have a nice day thankyou”

stupid whelk

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
I was actually in Georgia (the state) last week, good job I’m not Jack or I’d have changed my sterling into Lari not dollars.
I’m extremely late to the party and grunking massively because was in Atlanta Tbilisi for work til last night 🔺and BUSY. It brought a tear to my eye to see this road there named after that great Eastern European folk singer, which you follow (like the yellow brick road) for the greatest khachapuri you’ll ever taste

Also, when I got home last night my cat had sicked up all over my bed, and it still looked more appealing than Jack’s “stroganoff”
5ACABE9D-F528-4217-87B8-D1609143565C.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I’m loving this. She’s proper shown herself up as a liar and a spineless whelk and she’s never done such a thorough job of anything in her life so far.

1. wrong country
2. It’s a banger
3. Church recipe nerd
4. Is alerted to her error and quietly deletes that bit of the tweet

normally she’d be all “well WHEN did I say that EXACTLY I’m so SICK of these TROLLS twisting my EVERY WORD. But you go on love have a nice day thankyou”

stupid whelk
So good, I'm still snorting with laughter every time I think about Tblisi Jack

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I'm guessing it's so she has actual evidence of the stuff not being sent out, rather than it all being hearsay. Or it's bait.
Confused as to why this person has paid for her Patreon, pretty sure she’s the “journo” who was writing a piece on Jack a few weeks back?
Quick, get rid of this quote before Jack sees it and we miss out on the journalistic piece which could be the start of her downfall!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I had to watch this again, I had to! It’s so weird! So much preening. Then the scowl. Then the exaggerated grin. My god 🤦‍♀️

There’s a trend on Tiktok at the minute using an audio clip from Love Actually - just Keira Knightley saying “I look quite pretty!”

This video would go perfectly.
the duck did I just watch?!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.