Jack Monroe #292 Poet, philosopher, fighter, cook, hero

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh I thought this was a reference to the jollof rice thing (in which case, yikes at describing one dish as 'an entire country's cuisine'). If she means Italian food that's even more ridiculous considering her own mouldy salad pesto abomination.

Anyway, as an autistic person I am literally incapable of lying often quite gullible about the claims people make online. I've been following these threads for the last 10 days or so (having only vaguely known who Jack was before that), hooting and fizzing but also feeling sorry for her because surely she can't be making it all up about the poverty and the rape threats and suicide attempt, right? I mean maybe it's exaggerated, sure, but you wouldn't straight up lie to half a million followers like that, right? Even without the morally scummy aspect, surely you'd be worried about getting caught out - who would do that?

And then the Georgia chaos happened and I was like oh, oh right. Jack would.
Same. I see the good in everyone. I tick a lot of boxes for Autism but I don’t really see what the point is in following it up, I’ve managed well with life (if I actually am autistic or on the spectrum). I am quite naive, or was, during my youth. I was very socially awkward to. Kept myself to myself. Still pretty much the same now. I would always believe anything anyone told me. Because I just never thought people would lie or exaggerate over such extreme situations. Trouble is, they often do. Quite sad isn’t it? To be her age and still living a lie.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
That sandwich she cooked the other night and fried in egg sounded like the worst thing I’ve ever heard of in my life. She actually put mayonnaise on a sandwich and fried it. 🤮
Reading the tweet about that gruesome bed sandwich made me feel a bit queasy. Wash your bedsheets you greasy worm

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Just popping up to say that the origin of Jack's chickpea peach curry is apricot chicken.
Just spent ages looking for a pic of Helen from Big Brother 2 asking if chickpeas were made of chicken and realised I need to go outside - step away from the internet and enjoy the sunshine!

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Same. I see the good in everyone. I tick a lot of boxes for Autism but I don’t really see what the point is in following it up, I’ve managed well with life (if I actually am autistic or on the spectrum). I am quite naive, or was, during my youth. I was very socially awkward to. Kept myself to myself. Still pretty much the same now. I would always believe anything anyone told me. Because I just never thought people would lie or exaggerate over such extreme situations. Trouble is, they often do. Quite sad isn’t it? To be her age and still living a lie.
I’m like this too. I’m contemplating an assessment for ADHD currently because it would make a lot of things make sense, but who bleeping knows.
Oh please please let there be a huge brilliant expose. The NHS would have to write a report on the mass aneurysm and all the conspiracy nutsos would think it was the second coming.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Apols if this has already been posted, but, ILL READ THE REST OF YOUR TWEET IN A MINUTE takes longer to write (especially with arthritic hands!) than just reading the tweet?! Can’t think why she’d want to avoid the second part of his question (but ofc perfectly happy to respond to offers of cash for taxios..)
Nice deflection- I can’t read as I shooketh at you being 42 when you don’t look half that!
Jack is so loverly 🥰

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
I’m like this too. I’m contemplating an assessment for ADHD currently because it would make a lot of things make sense, but who bleeping knows.
Oh please please let there be a huge brilliant expose. The NHS would have to write a report on the mass aneurysm and all the conspiracy nutsos would think it was the second coming.

Off topic and don’t know how to spoiler but I’d recommend going for an assessment to anyone who thinks they are autistic/have adhd (or in reality go and ask for one and be stuck on a huge waiting list). Helps makes sense of who we are, helps the next generation and stops people like Jack using myths about it all to boost her profile

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I'm in the middle of an A+ grunk but this is shaping up to be a Super Saturday chaos and I am so here for it. She's gonna blow and it'll be so richly deserved after her disgusting pile-on the other night. Inexplicable egg on her face after her Georgia cockup and now people demanding to know where their Patreon rewards are. Never mind Jack, it'll all blow over by the morning...

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.