Jack Monroe #292 Poet, philosopher, fighter, cook, hero

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They do indeed - crawly bumlicks!

That Man. Not very professional to slag off other telly cooks/chefs. Shows a distinct lack of class.

A few years ago we were travelling back from a holiday in France and stayed in a chateau hotel (fancy) not far from the Channel Tunnel. There were pictures of JO in the lobby and restaurant and we asked why. Apparently he spent months there when he was at catering college. Started as the pot washer, prepping veg and then shadowing the chef. The maitre d’ remembered him and spoke very highly of him. He was eager to learn and didn’t mind doing the menial jobs.

Don’t know if it still if it as good but if anyone is interested, it’s called Chateau Tilques near St Omer - not too spendy for a romantic break for anyone - even those with flat caps and big cars
This is why I always rate JO. James Martin too.
Although both quite annoying they are both dyslexic and had a miserable time at school. They literally have no GCSEs and wouldn't have had a hope in hell of going to grammar school.
JM worked washing pots at Castle Howard whilst still in primary school and JO did the same at his dad's pub.
Both left home at 15 to go abroad to learn how to cook. They worked their socks off and got good reputations for being hard workers.
Clodagh from This Morning spent years in Italy and a whole year just chopping veg for the soup in one restaurant.
I've spoken before about my friend who has a pub restaurant and she spent 3 years at catering college then 20 years in kitchens. Not only did she learn cooking skills but also customer service, how to clean a toilet properly and how to make a bed. She has the ability to do all her costings in her head. She literally knows how much profit she can make from one potato.
Jack just has no clue and her sense of entitlement is off the charts.

• Heart
Reactions: 102

ETA sorry this one! Phone did a Georgia
I had to watch this again, I had to! It’s so weird! So much preening. Then the scowl. Then the exaggerated grin. My god 🤦‍♀️

There’s a trend on Tiktok at the minute using an audio clip from Love Actually - just Keira Knightley saying “I look quite pretty!”

This video would go perfectly.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I like to think Jack is sitting there completely nonplussed that different places can be called the same thing.

also I am 100% expecting a health related chaos due to all the mean people asking for the stuff they paid for in good faith.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
30 pages behind and just got to the bit about the Georgia cookbook, absolutely can't wait to see where this goes!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
OT but this talk of confused place names is reminding me of this KH moment, saying she hates geographical names when her own child's called India :ROFLMAO: Her and Jack aren't really that dissimilar.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Off topic and don’t know how to spoiler but I’d recommend going for an assessment to anyone who thinks they are autistic/have adhd (or in reality go and ask for one and be stuck on a huge waiting list). Helps makes sense of who we are, helps the next generation and stops people like Jack using myths about it all to boost her profile
Completely agree. My daughter is autistic and I'm currently on the waiting list for an assessment myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I’ve just sat telling my Mum about Jack and the grift. From someone who didn’t even know who Jack is, her first words when seeing the slop was that my sisters dogs would turn their nose up at that mess 😂

I then told her about the Georgian cookbook and she was even laughing at how stupid she is, but it just goes to show that we are the only ones that know who Jack is, everyone who is anyone hasn’t a clue! So she’s nowhere near as famous as she thinks.

She also won’t reply to the squig asking about the postcards, well I think she will ignore and hope she can bury it. Either that or bad mentals are on the way as her reason why none of it has materialised.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Just as a side note, im sure its been said but i cant find it -Is there any where we can request the proof that the charity money has been donated? I am not sure if it would be illegal if she is saying she's donated her wages but i am pretty sure its a crime if people have bought something or donated something that is lining pockets rather than going where it was supposed to be.

Reactions: 28
I’m like this too. I’m contemplating an assessment for ADHD currently because it would make a lot of things make sense, but who bleeping knows.
Oh please please let there be a huge brilliant expose. The NHS would have to write a report on the mass aneurysm and all the conspiracy nutsos would think it was the second coming.
I often think about doing it to. Taking it further. I suspect I am. I just never get round to it. I’m the complete opposite to Jack though, I know that no two people on the spectrum are ever the same, so you can’t really draw a fair comparison between two people with ASD or ADHD, but if she actually is, then she’s the only one I know that uses it as excuses for every mistake she makes. That’s why I doubt her word on it. I suspect she picks parts of people she meets irl. She then uses it all to form her own personality. A bit creepy when you look at it like that. It’s very telling how SB isn’t allowed to be his own person. She always has to jump on his interests and claim them as her own. As much as I dislike her, she also fascinates me. As in the psychology behind it.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Off topic and don’t know how to spoiler but I’d recommend going for an assessment to anyone who thinks they are autistic/have adhd (or in reality go and ask for one and be stuck on a huge waiting list). Helps makes sense of who we are, helps the next generation and stops people like Jack using myths about it all to boost her profile
When you put it like that, I agree. It’s a good thing to take it further! X

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Just as a side note, im sure its been said but i cant find it -Is there any where we can request the proof that the charity money has been donated? I am not sure if it would be illegal if she is saying she's donated her wages but i am pretty sure its a crime if people have bought something or donated something that is lining pockets rather than going where it was supposed to be.
I think TT replied to an email confirming it.

The money supposedly for "other charities" however... That's a whole other mystery

Reactions: 32
Off topic but solidarity with all the suspected autistic/ADHD fraus. I’m thinking of having an autism assessment this year. I used to think it was pointless at my age but it’s really not.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.