Jack Monroe #292 Poet, philosopher, fighter, cook, hero

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So... her cookbooks are "organised by Geographical region"?

No they're not! We KNOW they are organised in order of colour, which makes this library frau shudder

She's tangled up in her lies today. Love it!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 84
I know she is on one tonight, but that Georgia thing has virtually eradicated the horribleness of yesterday.*

Let’s just hope the come down from this after the realisation from her mistake isn’t too bad.

* not quite

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
I hope someone sent THAT MAN the ss of her trying to dig him out, and then THIS WHOLE ASS CHAOS cos hahahahaha. Also I’ve been here about a week but Trifle D is my hero 😭🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 55
I was actually in Georgia (the state) last week, good job I’m not Jack or I’d have changed my sterling into Lari not dollars.
Jack: Just back from Georgia, literally everyone speaks amazing English , though they also have quite a lot of Spanish speakers too. Really gutted I never got the chance to show off a few things I'd learned from my phrase book. The climate isn't what I expected either- amazing place.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
I know she is on one tonight, but that Georgia thing has virtually eradicated the horribleness of yesterday.*

Let’s just hope the come down from this after the realisation from her mistake isn’t too bad.

* not quite
Some unsuspecting squig is going to get smashed to smithereens when she realises that she‘s fucked up

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
Imagine Jack's confusion when she gets on the Midnight Train to Georgia and ends up in Eastern Europe.

• Haha
Reactions: 121
Forgive my ignorance, I am not a geographical frau, but what's the difference between Greek and Cypriot? I've googled but it wasn't overly helpful
I think the comma between Greek and Cypriot could have been an error. She’s a bit Greek Cypriot. As opposed to Turkish Cypriot, (or Pontic Greek, in some parts) which are the main ethnic groups these days. Before the EU the second/third language in the Republic was Russian. After Greek and English.
Food in Cyprus is more mid-med than your standard Greek food. Forever getting invaded even until quite recently so a bit of a melting pot of food.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
From Amazon

“Georgia Church Suppers is the ultimate church cookbook featuring favorite recipes from Baptist churches across the state of Georgia. In addition to the outstanding recipes, each church is featured with a full-color profile about the church letting everyone who purchases the book know what makes the church special. Everyone knows church cookbooks always have the best recipes those treasured recipes that have been handed down through generations of great cooks. From Chicken Salad Puffs to Grown Up Mac and Cheese, Southern Biscuits to Holiday Cranberry Salad, and so much more, this unique cookbook captures them all in an easy-to-follow format that even a novice cook can use. Georgia Church Suppers provides the perfect recipes for church socials and dinners on the ground as well as parties at home or a weeknight dinner with the family. Not your average cookbook, this is the ULTIMATE church cookbook for Georgia.”
Ah brilliant, is it bad that I really want to buy this now? What pray is grown up Mac and cheese? Is it like Jack’s come to bed parmigiana, is that why she love,love,loves this book?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Sweepstake - how long until the book recommendations tweet is quietly deleted once she realises her mistake?

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.