Jack Monroe #292 Poet, philosopher, fighter, cook, hero

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Forgive my ignorance, I am not a geographical frau, but what's the difference between Greek and Cypriot? I've googled but it wasn't overly helpful
Cyprus is an independent country but is heavily influenced by Greek culture, with some Cypriots considering the country to be a de-facto territory of Greece. Cyprus also has a sizeable Turkish minority, which is where a lot of the controversy surrounding the (presumed) Greek hegemony lies.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Tempted to sign up for her patreon just to see how much of a tumbleweed fest it is and call her out on it...
I'm way too late on this but you don't have to even sign up. If you're browsing patreon accounts they'll tell you how many times the owner has published content you just won't be able to read them. She has posted diddly in literal years now. You really couldn't have signed up without realising it's the equivalent of just setting up a standing order to her, description fuckery.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 54
The shame is there’s a lady who’s recommended two Georgian (is that the right word) books, one of the descriptions she gives is amazing and the book sounds like it would be really good.
But nah Jack recommends an American state book instead 🤯

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
Hang on, I’m I to understand this correctly? Jack filling her freezer up with discounted low welfare meat is actually her doing her part for animal welfare? Literally everything she ever does is for the good of the planet, isn’t it? Such a saint!

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Oh god, sounds like she’s landed on her next food culture that she wants to duck up and present to her gormless followers as generally disgusting. My OH (!!!!!) is Eastern European, generations of cooking tradition are soon to be wiped out by a literal food simpleton. Can’t bring myself to tell her…

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
Oh god, sounds like she’s landed on her next food culture that she wants to duck up and present to her gormless followers as generally disgusting. My OH (!!!!!) is Eastern European, generations of cooking tradition are soon to be wiped out by a literal food simpleton. Can’t bring myself to tell her…
She's been taking a hatchet to Eastern European food culture since her first book. Book 1 has a goulash recipe which features kidney beans and marmite, after all.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
I really hope Jack doesn't grunk until she's proudly served up her traditional Georgian chicken-fried steak and grits, just like ბებია used to make.

ETA: re her refusal to bastardise other countries' cuisines...does she realise Italy is a country?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 108
Reader, I am wheezing over the Georgia mix-up. It just shows the utter performative bollockery of it all.
inhaler-panic-attack.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
The shame is there’s a lady who’s recommended two Georgian (is that the right word) books, one of the descriptions she gives is amazing and the book sounds like it would be really good.
But nah Jack recommends an American state book instead 🤯
How is no one calling her out on the list?

Going by the replies to the food tweet, lots of her followers have experience in Eastern European food. Surely some of them realise that book is misplaced on the list?

• Haha
Reactions: 41
1650659263788.png

Yup. iPhones are expensive, I believe. Not convinced you need to cost it for a manky coconut 2/3 of a bollock sausage in coconut recipe, though.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
From Amazon

“Georgia Church Suppers is the ultimate church cookbook featuring favorite recipes from Baptist churches across the state of Georgia. In addition to the outstanding recipes, each church is featured with a full-color profile about the church letting everyone who purchases the book know what makes the church special. Everyone knows church cookbooks always have the best recipes those treasured recipes that have been handed down through generations of great cooks. From Chicken Salad Puffs to Grown Up Mac and Cheese, Southern Biscuits to Holiday Cranberry Salad, and so much more, this unique cookbook captures them all in an easy-to-follow format that even a novice cook can use. Georgia Church Suppers provides the perfect recipes for church socials and dinners on the ground as well as parties at home or a weeknight dinner with the family. Not your average cookbook, this is the ULTIMATE church cookbook for Georgia.”
I’m dying here! 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.