Jack Monroe #292 Poet, philosopher, fighter, cook, hero

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s gonna be a chaos isn’t there. Off to get snacks so I’m prepared.

EDIBLE SNACKS FYI JACK, not the pish you put out m’love

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
most of the books she mentions are in the first few results when you search eastern european cookbooks on Amazon, after you take out authors with English names, middle eastern books and, er, ottolenghi

trifley d's a big fan of southern us cookery. can't wait for her to see the Georgia rec! 😆 I am crying!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Just wanted to say that SB'S dad does not have a brother.
He has a sister and BiL, but no brother.
I think we can officially cross him out in the Harold sweepstakes, although my money was on him being Harold.
Deliberate red herring 🤷

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I missed the initial Ottolenghi discourse but, yet again, Jack displays her tone deafness with pride because the whole myth of his recipes being complicated or featuring obscure ingredients is busted if you have spent any time in a Middle Eastern kitchen. Plus, stuff like za'atar, preserved lemons and dried limes that he uses so frequently are now mainstays in every world food aisle in any supermarket worth its salt.

The idea of him having to take any feedback from a slop merchant like Jack defies belief.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
This has got me absolutely roaring 😭🤣😭🤣

imagine being that confident in your own bullshit and then SPLAT flat on your face🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Is it just me or has Jack deleted the list of recommended cookbooks tweet?

Edit: it's still there and as of 21:33, she still hasn't realised her mistake 😁

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
Forgive my ignorance, I am not a geographical frau, but what's the difference between Greek and Cypriot? I've googled but it wasn't overly helpful

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.