Jack Monroe #291 What about the price of hummus?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think we need a poll at the start of the next thread as to if you think OH is real or not.

For the record, I don’t. When I saw the zoom in on the copper mugs from @Pocahontas yesterday, it was a white t shirt and skinny black jeans - EXACTLY how Jack would dress. I believe she made a major mistake yesterday, and I don’t believe they exist. She’s breadcrumbing because it gets her more attention and she believes she’s getting one over on us. Imagine that nasally whine 24/7, I’d have totally been sectioned myself
if OH is proven to be a figment of Jack’s imagination then i look forward to welcoming many more recruitees to the Caroline’s hand’s truthers club ❤❤❤

• Haha
Reactions: 42
i honestly think jack is too unintelligent to discuss any sort of criticism which is why she always defends herself with the same story that becomes slightly more embellished each time. She has literally one skill which is making people feel sorry for her and she’s extremely good at it.
I don't feel sorry for her. I feel a mixture of anger and a kind of stunned silence at her blatant manipulation. She's using the kind of tactics that come straight from the abuser's handbook. It's disgusting.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 85
I don't feel sorry for her. I feel a mixture of anger and a kind of stunned silence at her blatant manipulation. She's using the kind of tactics that come straight from the abuser's handbook. It's disgusting.
neither do i, i have never once felt sorry for her in my duration of being on these threads but it’s quite fascinating how she managed to harness this power of manipulation for 10 years!

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Her constant talk of the fire service, inserting herself in Grenfell issues, regaling Journalists with stories of fire fighting. It's all such bollocks. I work as a call handler for 111, shall I start inserting myself in healthcare discussions or behave as if I'm a paramedic. She is so annoying and such a "lead character" all the fecking time. You were a call handler love, we follow a script and processes. We ain't important
Can I ask you a question - out of interest, in your role as a call handler for the health service, how many life saving operations have you seen/performed? And how many health related investigations have you lent your experience to/presided over? 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 36
There is a knitting site called Ravelry (they cover crochet as well). There is a wonderful group on there where grifting crafters and crafting companies as called out. At the moment I am following a thread about a USA seller who could well be the USA version of our Jacksie. Money obtained fraudulently for product not sent, gaslighting, sob stories and in place of Patroen there is sponsership. Oh, and duck races. They also get abusive when called out. Reading it is like a little vacay in Jackland. 🤡

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Early days, but a glance through most active threads and whatever that just was on Twitter is giving me thread title inspo.
Screenshot_20220421-175002.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Can I ask you a question - out of interest, in your role as a call handler for the health service, how many life saving operations have you seen/performed? And how many health related investigations have you lent your experience to/presided over? 😉
Oh too many to mention 😜. I did used to be a nurse though but was out of the work place for a 9 years to look after the junior elastoblasts. I did pick up on an accidental overdose at Christmas, someone had taken two types of paracetamol tablets for back pain, and the other week I had to alert a nurse as I realised someone who'd called in for dental pain was actually having a sickle cell crisis. Obviously that makes me head of the NHS!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 68
I’d love to know what her actual flexible working request was. FW requests aren’t just what you fancy working, they have to work for the ‘business’ and other employees. It’s more complicated than ‘not worth the paper it’s printed on’. If you only want days that means someone needs to do nights, and how do you recruit that etc.

From working in HR you see how ridiculous some people are though. People complaining that they didn’t realise they would get paid less when they went part time. I had someone else who left on the 2nd of the month and thought they would get paid for the full month (and from their new job too). She rang to complain as she’d spent as if she was getting double pay that month!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
It really upsets me when she writes threads like those. My heart wants to believe her (and I get angry on her son's behalf) while my head tells me that she's making it sound worse than it actually was (which then I feel guilty about thinking). It's so manipulative.
It's a tricky one, isn't it. I mean I've lived through several 'povertys', been a single parent, still living off benefits thanks to being a full time carer. It just never made me feel remotely suicidal. It honestly wasn't that bad. I can only assume that Jack had underlying MH issues (if the details are true).
Dodging debt collectors, eating very simple and basic food, not opening brown envelopes, not being able to afford adequate heating, and all the rest of it, is basically just a way of life to many people, irrespective of which party is in govt.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Long time lurker, but just wanted to say there is a reason the Samaritans have rules around how you talk about suicide.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 109
Evening Frauen. I have 8 pages to grunk. For some reason,when we were suggesting pies earlier on it made me think of a wedding party buffet from hell. Hence vol au vents filled with despair.
I may think of some desserts later...

• Heart
Reactions: 26
There's just not much you can say, really, when it comes to someone so viscerally (and repeatedly) going on about a suicide attempt ten years ago. And that's why she does it, to shut down any discussion. She just clearly doesn't give a tit about the effect it can have on anyone reading it who may have personally experienced such things and that just points towards what a selfish, self-absorbed effing REDACTED she is. Horrible person. Horrible.

• Heart
Reactions: 76
There is not a single word, sentence, sentiment or claim within that thread which is genuinely her own words or thoughts. I do not believe her. She is a malicious and manipulative liar out for herself and nobody else. Her son is a pawn; a commodity for her to use when pushing her lies and grift on well meaning, gullible arseholes who should have seen through her long before now.
She should be mortified at how she has centred herself in all of this based on a short period of being skint. People who have lived and continue to live lives of inter-generational poverty or on the breadline do not act like this. She has done nothing to amplify the voices of those who struggle. You could argue that she highlights the inequality and unfairness of the wealth and distribution of tax in this country but I don’t even think she does that very well.
Only a lower-middle class, white female (ETA: one who feels entitled to describe herself as a single parent whilst her child spends the majority of their time with the other parent) with a long list of protected characteristics could become the accepted face and voice of poverty in this country and it is sickening.
Shame on her, and more shame on those who continue to promote her as a force of good. She hasn’t got an ounce of decency in her or an ounce of respect for her son or his basic human right to a private life.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 115
Given the number of unopened emails Jack boasts of, what sort of filter enables the desperate dads to receive a prompt response about how to rinse spaghetti hoops?

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I developed PND after my eldest was born; got a bit better, no. 2 was born and it returned. Repeat cycle for subsequent children, and then just bog standard depression after my marriage went through some dire straits (like Jack and herbs, my brain will take any depression going). I've not really been the same since but medication helps. Never in a million years would I post some of the worst bits of it on the internet under my real name for my children to come across, without properly contextualising and treating it with the sensitivity/seriousness it deserves. Her poor, poor son finding that, regardless of if it's true or not.

I also don't know if it's even possible at this point to drum it into Jack's head that History did not begin anew in 2010. Austerity is not a 21st century invention, and you don't have to agree with Tory fiscal policy to know that it's never just been about "screw the poors". It's more complicated than that, because life always is.

Also Jack doesn't pay her taxes so she can duck off (sorry Rev/MancBee), wrap herself in uncooked pastry and call herself a sausage roll, because she's full of bollocks. I'm sick to the back teeth of her lies.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Given the number of unopened emails Jack boasts of, what sort of filter enables the desperate dads to receive a prompt response about how to rinse spaghetti hoops?
What would Jack even say to a single dad who's got 2 tins of spaghetti hoops in his cupboard? 'Oh, you should head down to the shops to buy some chick peas and garlic to make my world famous rinsed hoop pasta e ceci for a little taste of Italy, mate'.

Incidentally, would you look at this 'recipe' from Good Food for Bad Days. Like, this is an actual recipe in an actual recipe book. It's beyond a joke.

Screenshot 2022-04-21 at 18.08.50.png

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 86
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.