Jack Monroe #291 What about the price of hummus?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Imagine being 34, having used a food bank once in your otherwise very cushy life, and then having 'Former foodbank user' as the first thing in your twitter bio. Followed by 'Campaigner against poverty.' but not paying taxes yourself.

You couldn't make it up!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 120
I agree with the last line. In a fair and equitable society she would be out of a job. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Imagine being 34, having used a food bank once in your otherwise very cushy life, and then having 'Former foodbank user' as the first thing in your twitter bio. Followed by 'Campaigner against poverty.' but not paying taxes yourself.

You couldn't make it up!
Agree totally. I highly doubt any 'former foodbank user' would want that to be top of their bio.

I hate it when things occur to her.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
We need to start thinking of ideas for a 300 thread celebration fraus. I’m thinking some kind of pie competition? I shall go for a prune and anchovy pasty.
I’ll win that easy
air pie and a walk round
calorie count and nutrition on a par with mackies, and so cheap

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I agree with the last line. In a fair and equitable society she would be out of a job. 😂
She’s far to early with that thread title nomination 😂

but yes I’m delighted to check in and see my glorious thread title because squiggs can’t google.
I assume Jack hasn’t mentioned which charity is getting the rest of the teemill money yet? Surely this is fraud if not completely immoral? Also not paid her taxes? Shame on her.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I assume Jack hasn’t mentioned which charity is getting the rest of the teemill money yet? Surely this is fraud if not completely immoral? Also not paid her taxes? Shame on her.
I think we can only conclude that the lucky recipient is the Jack Monroe Orangery Fund.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Sorry but what the duck would sunflower seed spread taste like? Would it not completely overpower everything in that dish?

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Im going to let the side down by saying I have never made a pie (seriously)

I never try to make pie. Even my mum make apple pie but not I.

So I’ll make soup that won’t taste like gloop.

Jack HEN you are not getting it! No one wants to make your crap food
It looks like she's undone that retweet now. Which is probably very wise, given that she's the one condescendingly explaining to others how to cook on a budget ie she's the target of the tweet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Surely no organisation should even consider giving an award to someone who admits they have not paid their taxes for THREE years?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.