Jack Monroe #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I doubt the photos are real, how would they give a dip bowl portion of baked beans? They cost 25p retail for a 400ml tin.

Reactions: 10
Hang on she can barely talk about food needing to be nourishing and contain an adequate amount of calories seeing as her early recipes were mostly junk and the costings were lies that didn't contain enough calories to sustain.
and she was going to make fatty meatballs for her allegedly kids meals themed leftover larder, now she’s crowing about nutrition. Oh she’s an infuriating woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Hang on she can barely talk about food needing to be nourishing and contain an adequate amount of calories seeing as her early recipes were mostly junk and the costings were lies that didn't contain enough calories to sustain.
Plus she did cheesy fat bombs (supposedly for kids) on her Hellmann’s thing this week, didn’t she? Hardly the most nourishing meal either.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I'm going to have to log off for the night before Jack's latest makes me spontaneously combust. I cannot bear to see her parachute herself into Marcus Rashford's campaign when the hard graft's already been done, like the white saviour she cannot help herself be (and find the energy to still make it all about her).

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 46
If I had a choice between those lunch packs and the slop she slings together I know which I’d take.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
oh mate, that must have been tough. I can remember at my infant school there was a seperate line for kids with 'cards'.
As it was infants we could have been no more than 7 yo. One time a girl handed her card to the witch at the register only to be told she had taken too much food and had gone 10p over the total. She made her walk back down the line and put her apple back. IN FRONT OF ALL THE OTHER KIDS.
I'm nearly 50 now and I still remember it.
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
So deliberately cruel. Heartbreaking. When I was six I remember a much prized, non-UK Government school (UK state primary) where EVERYONE got extra milk and biscuits so no one was put in that position. (I hated the milk btw, lol).

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The only slight relief I can get from her trying to muscle in on Marcus Rashford’s hard work, is that she’s so catastrophic and lazy, that her attempt will fizzle away to nothing when she has her next hissy fit. She’ll turn her attention to something else very soon, that we can be certain of!

Reactions: 26
The only slight relief I can get from her trying to muscle in on Marcus Rashford’s hard work, is that she’s so catastrophic and lazy, that her attempt will fizzle away to nothing when she has her next hissy fit. She’ll turn her attention to something else very soon, that we can be certain of!
This, plus the fact that she’ll make herself look like a massive dick in the process

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Literally only thing that's missing is a can of tuna (fancy) and that's a picture of my regular lunches. I'm shook.
Me too.
I am quite lazy with lunch, this week I have had a couple of days of egg and salad sandwiches, one day of cheese and salad, I use those thin breads and I grow my own lettuce. Will probably eat some pasta for the next two as weather is colder.
I've treated myself to a chocolate mouse-£1 for 6. Fairly basic and I don't snack.

So when I think about photographing what the contents of my lunches would look like... They probably aren't far off that.

That is not to say that it is a race to the bottom and that those items are adequate but they should come with some form of meal plan and that meal plan should be being checked in terms of nutrition.

I do imagine there is a challenge in providing this food: storage, refrigeration, power to cook etc etc

Someone should have a responsibility for standards across local authorities to ensure it is adequate, filling and nutritional...

There was a cheeky young chef who was involved in some school dinner work, a few years ago now... He might still have some contacts... What was his name again? James or Jim or Joey... Can't quite remember!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Can I just say that gif makes my ovaries groan more than anchovies in mayo?
I don't even like Tom Cruise but every time this GIF is posted I end up hypnotised, just watching it over and over until something in real life breaks the spell 😂😂😂
This is reaaaaally petty but did jack ever bring out a recipe for the elusive vegan pork crackling that she was banging on about for a while?
She did not. It's probably one of the biggest things she pissed me off with 😂😂😂

• Haha
Stockpiling through panic buying though is completely different to stocking a fall back pantry over a long period of time. People who prepare in this way are not the panic buyers.
I always like to have around a month worth of store cupboard food in. I just work out how many bags of flour or cans of tomatoes we get through, and that's my number and as I use something I add it to grocery list. In normal life I use fresh meat, dairy and veg/fruit but in an emergency I can feed us from stock. It doesn't just have to Brexit or pandemic but just being too ill to get out, or losing a job or needing to put funds to a car repair etc. It honestly gives me a lot of peace of mind and means I can share with others
don’t apologise, lovely post. So sad how people sat in offices and thought that was ok to do to kids. This week has been really illuminating when people were literally having to argue the toss on whether to feed children. Food waste is the hill I will die on, I notice it everywhere I go (well, pre lockdown). Soaps and tv progs as well, whenever it’s not plastic food and they finger it all and then it just gets binned. 😞
When my dad was unemployed in the 80s, we had to have free school dinners. We had tokens. We had to queue up at break time to get our names recorded and then get permission to leave class five minutes early at lunch to collect the token. Then there was a queue for tokens and a queue for children who paid. We had to say "I'm a token" when we started on the food line so they'd know what we could have to the limit. It was so gross. I can still remember how humiliating it was, especially as one dinner lady was our neighbour who made our lives a total misery at home and I was so scared of her. It is bizarre that it was done that way. Most of the teachers were quite nice but thought that was an acceptable system.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Haha which of the Fraus said the other day they wanted to change into a slinky outfit in court should Sir Matt of the Forearms be called? Well here you are girl 😂
That was me but the fresh off Love Island look wasn't quite what I had in mind!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
So hang on... Marcus Rashford has campaigned so these school lunches will now be provided throughout the holidays, but Jack the Patreon Saint of All Things Poor is saying these meals aren’t good enough? So basically shitting on what he’s done? I’m not saying these meals are great, but JM’s timing as usual is completely off and she needs to sit back and let Marcus Rashford get the praise he deserves for this.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 53
She tweets are ALWAYS the same pattern “tweet about something so woke I’m doing” the follow it up with “ oh and by the way don’t come for me, I’ve seen loads of tweets saying I’m wrong and I’m so tired and on edge that I won’t hold back”

but the thing is, not that I read every comment on here tweets but nearly all are from her fan base saying how wonderful she is and keep going etc etc and I don’t think I’ve never seen anyone actually come back at her like the way she makes out?! it’s like she constantly wants people to think shes a crusader for everything she does. Just don’t tweet about it if you don’t expect a single criticism- I read an interview she have with a paper recently and it was completely manic and every question she had to cover her entire life story and how woke she was! It was honestly exhausting just reading it!

Me too.
I am quite lazy with lunch, this week I have had a couple of days of egg and salad sandwiches, one day of cheese and salad, I use those thin breads and I grow my own lettuce. Will probably eat some pasta for the next two as weather is colder.
I've treated myself to a chocolate mouse-£1 for 6. Fairly basic and I don't snack.

So when I think about photographing what the contents of my lunches would look like... They probably aren't far off that.

That is not to say that it is a race to the bottom and that those items are adequate but they should come with some form of meal plan and that meal plan should be being checked in terms of nutrition.

I do imagine there is a challenge in providing this food: storage, refrigeration, power to cook etc etc

Someone should have a responsibility for standards across local authorities to ensure it is adequate, filling and nutritional...
I'm staggered as I was feeling proud of myself for eating healthily and not snacking. Been having breakfasts of weetabix with fruit, lunches like JP and beans or using up leftovers with potato cakes etc and then expanding my range of dinners. Tonight was korma (from scratch), last night was Sausage traybake. Been meal planning like a boss, no food wastage, at least 4 fruit and veg portions a day. Not the most imaginative meals but I've been doing it day in day out all lockdown and everyone is pitying my lunches now. What's happening?! 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.