Jack Monroe #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's complaining about this now, I honestly can't see what's wrong, 5 pieces of fruit, although nothing to go with the tuna but these are only for lunches. Please can she duck off and when she gets there, duck off some more? She's trying to get her oar in and it honestly looks much worse than what she did to Jamie.
BFBFA3F9-11DF-4BB1-9126-935844E78B55.png

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I have GL'd my way through the last thread and this one. The last one, well, I'm not even gonna try to pretend I understand 🤣

I think I'd like the dress, just not on her. I think it would suit someone who had less/no tattoos which take away from the dress.

I'm glad her shitshedshow was better yesterday, always good to see/hear she's improving.

Not shocked at all to see she's on twitter again already 🙄

I was a free school meal kid in the late 90s and it was one que - you told the dinner ladies your name and they ticked you off. I was a very slim child as it was often the only meal I'd get (alcoholic mum), but they were always vile 🤢

Also, I made a delicious spag bol tonight, which was loads better than normal thanks to your tips 😁
Ooh, what were the spag bol tips you tried? Sorry to go off topic, lads.

Just found the like button, I will scroll back
Wait til you find the “Haha” button!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The school meals things has just evoked a memory. If your uniform was grant funded the shirt was a different colour to those who bought it in the local official supplier - they got theirs from the 'grant shop' (not my terms) . My dad worked so we bought ours. I honestly never thought about it until today and I see that there was a marked difference. Its made me feel horrible.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
You’re so right. Rashford has handled himself so, so well and been really measured throughout all of this. He’s been fantastic.

Jack is ready to fly off the handle at anyone who comes close. That’s not how she’s going to win people round. I still can’t believe (well, actually - it’s her, so I can believe it!) that she’s even attempting to piggyback on his success.
It's like when two groups of people fall out in a pub, have a disagreement but manage to talk it out and things settle back down. Jack's the drunk friend that had nothing to do with it, but wades in at the end shouting and threatening to hit people. 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
She's complaining about this now, I honestly can't see what's wrong, 5 pieces of fruit, although nothing to go with the tuna but these are only for lunches. Please can she duck off and when she gets there, duck off some more? She's trying to get her oar in and it honestly looks much worse than what she did to Jamie. View attachment 156619

She doesn't recognise these as food, that's the problem.

Tin of soup feeds 2
Tin of soup #2 feeds 2
Tin of beans feeds 2
Tin of Tuna feeds 2 (well, actually, that would be enough for 3)
Two potatoes to eat with beans
One potato to eat with Tuna
Fruit every day
A sweet treat every day

It's less than the first one she was criticising, but again, it's good food for lunchtime.

Reactions: 32
The hashtag wasn't exactly busting the Twitter algorithm tonight. Is it perhaps because all shops are open and well-stocked and food deliveries are happening to those who are shielding? Or is it because google is all up in her niche? We will never know.

Can I add a Westwood-leaf for modesty, please?
A suggestion Jack, lockdown larder is no longer a necessary format. Change it to #cantbearsedtogoshopping Folk who cannot be arsed queueing up at Tesco to replenish their cupboards, ask how to cobble together what they've got.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
She really does need to butt out. She's had zilch to do or say regarding this campaign, or school meals in general. Jumps in at last minute seeking a slice of the glory and attention.

Everything I've read that Marcus has said in this campaign has been put across really well, well thought out, fair points said in a strong way. Noone needs her spouting off all over Twitter, threatening to get crappy with people that disagree with her over it. It's just baiting the far right is it not? And creating a drama which detracts from the good work that has been done.
Yes agree. Marcus has given interviews about how he grew up relying on free school meals and how much of a vital resource it was for his family without being self righteous or having a chip on his shoulder. It’s quite strange how she is so defensive and angry all the time - her in fact she was using food banks for a very short amount of time surely she can let someone who grew up relying on a service to speak on this rather than thinking her experience is the only valid one.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I much preferred when you posted that Brad Pitt gif a while ago. It was the height of lockdown and I just watched that over and over until my eyes misted 😂
This one?! I’ve posted a couple of Brad gifs, I’m ashamed to say...

If so, I’m impressed by your memory as that was about 15 threads ago 😅 Back in the heady courtroom days

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
The vouchers are dependent upon parents having internet access, strong literacy (and computer, the system is absolutely tit) skills, knowing exactly what supermarket will let them book a delivery or will have enough in stock, travelling to said supermarkets and then being able to pay cash for what they've put on the belt in the very common event of the vouchers failing to be read by the supermarket system.

We use them because we've got a fairly affluent demographic, so have time to sort out the problems/swap them for gift cards and the like for the relatively small number that qualify. But for primaries with a high proportion of FSM, severe social deprivation and lack of access to the technology and, like it or not, a fair few parents who aren't able to choose to buy healthy food for their children, some schools choose to use the funding and the expertise of their catering manager plus the supply chain already in place to provide food, rather than a requirement to spend money to access the supermarkets.
One of the people that I am looking after only got deliveries and emergency packages because I registered, booked, responded to local Facebook groups. Some people don't have a 'phone.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
OH MY GOD! I have just grunkerd through about 3 days worth of threads! I am so confused about so many things! I have a feeling things have been deleted by the time I got there, or maybe I’m just a bit thick 😂

So Jack had what a 20 min break from Twitter twice? She’s shown up in fancy dresses and then filtered the f*ck out of her face and body. Hairy legs/smooth legs...I really don’t care but maybe just have the same on each platform!

oh and now she’s all over the free school dinner stuff! I am honestly surprised...typing this I realise I’m not actually surprised...that it has taken her this long to jump on this, it is in her wheelhouse after all.

Now I have to go and do stuff please can there be no drama for a while so I don’t have so much to catch up on!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

If so, I’m impressed by your memory as that was about 15 threads ago 😅 Back in the heady courtroom days
It was this one 😂

but you posted the one above as a follow up treat 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

i would crawl through broken glass to stick matches in that man's tit just so i could lick him till Christmas.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.