Jack Monroe #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I may be wrong but aren't the food packs only supposed to help with the feeding off the child not actually feed the child completely. I get it might not be alot but its something and kids are never full. Kids eat all around the clock so there is no guarantee that any amount of lunch will fill them for long. You cannot go wrong with sandwich, piece of fruit and he crisps or a few biscuits.
It's supposed to be enough for 5 lunches, to replace the meal they would've received at school. There are at least 6 adequate meals there, although it's not what you'd feed your kids if you had any choice.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
DFFB58DE-2386-4EFC-B146-E0DA6BEB661E.jpeg

yes we’d noticed. Oh it’s woeful! Also we’ve had our first ‘sling’ them in something. Urgh I hate it.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Grunkalunkaing my way through after conference calls all afternoon (how dare work interrupt my tattle time) but the dress really is lovely - and agree the filters make her look like a waxwork - she's naturally pretty so I really don't see why she is using them? She never seemed to until recently - makes me feel sad if she is suffering from the breakup and feels she needs to to feel attractive (just my opinion) - her behaviour is the issue, not her looks.
Gah - posted this before I saw the front of the dress!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Currently GL’ing my way through this thread. If somebody could drop me a quick DM explaining what the heck went on at the end of the last thread I’d be very grateful. I can’t work it out as posts have been deleted.

I expect it’s probably against the rules to ask this and I might get told off for derailing this thread. However, I’ve been on these threads since DKL and now I feel like there’s one or more bad apples in the barrel. I’d just like to know how the land lies. Thanks.

Sorry admins and sorry if the answers lie ahead of me in this thread - although I suspect it won’t be allowed to be discussed again.

Reactions: 16
I may be wrong but aren't the food packs only supposed to help with the feeding off the child not actually feed the child completely. I get it might not be alot but its something and kids are never full. Kids eat all around the clock so there is no guarantee that any amount of lunch will fill them for long. You cannot go wrong with sandwich, piece of fruit and he crisps or a few biscuits.
Yeah, it’s much better than nothing and it’s clear that some thought has gone into it - the foods are simple, and quick and easy to prepare. Personally I don’t think the quantity is enough for a child that age. The biggest issue I have with it is the lack of nutrition - looks like there’s about 1 portion of fruit/veg per day which isn’t a lot for one meal. Bear in mind these children may come from families who are poor / time poor / poorly educated about food so they might otherwise not be getting much fruit/veg at home. The food is carb heavy and there’s a lack of protein. Cheap biscuits will give a sugar rush and not fill a kid up for long whilst from a nutritional point of view providing nothing of real value. The inclusion of condiments was thoughtful but they bulk out the pack, making it look like there’s more food than there actually is

I am pleased that children are getting fed of course and it’s not a huge duck up like #ThanksMichelleObama but I do think it could be better executed... in a way which doesn’t involve Jack!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
1592414910831.png
That's pretty bloody good for a lunch for five days. Two pasta meals, one with cheese, one as a salad with cucumber, carrot and mayonnaise (add ketchup for pink sauce), one jacket spud with butter, cheese and beans, two egg mayo sandwiches, jam on toast or sandwich, cheese triangle on toast or sandwich, yoghurts 2 days, fruit 3 days, some raisins, biscuits every day, plus two things I can't identify but definitely count as food. They aren't supposed to be living on just that for a week, it's just their lunches/snacks.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
My son always used to want to make a strawberry pizza and I thought he was talking tit. I guess he wasnt... 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
1592415358567.png

This genuinely makes me feel a bit sick. Blending lentils and beets with cheese?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
View attachment 156508 That's pretty bloody good for a lunch for five days. Two pasta meals, one with cheese, one as a salad with cucumber, carrot and mayonnaise (add ketchup for pink sauce), one jacket spud with butter, cheese and beans, two egg mayo sandwiches, jam on toast or sandwich, cheese triangle on toast or sandwich, yoghurts 2 days, fruit 3 days, some raisins, biscuits every day, plus two things I can't identify but definitely count as food. They aren't supposed to be living on just that for a week, it's just their lunches/snacks.
You should put a copyright on that excellent post as Jack will nick it.

Reactions: 16
Credit where it’s due, she’s being very pleasant to people and while I an childishly amused I can’t scramble an egg and this will probably make their day. Good job, Jack. 👍🏼

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Every other day when she’s “taking a break” (GROAN) from Twitter it reminds of this character from Warner Bros - Sniffles, and his little red bindle:

159F6B64-ED14-4068-824C-6A4587C9C1E8.jpeg

Then I read the wiki page and they’re so alike 🤣

In Naughty but Mice, Sniffles has a cold and is searching for a remedy. He eventually stumbles upon an alcoholic cold medicine, drinks it, and becomes intoxicated. He then pals around with an electric shaver, which eventually saves him from a hungry cat.

In Sniffles Takes a Trip (1940), a simple drive into the country turns into a nightmare as Sniffles is constantly frightened and awed by his surroundings.

By the end of the series, Jones transformed Sniffles into an incessant chatterbox who serves more as a nuisance than a cute protagonist.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.