Jack Monroe #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Grunkalunkaing my way through after conference calls all afternoon (how dare work interrupt my tattle time) but the dress really is lovely - and agree the filters make her look like a waxwork - she's naturally pretty so I really don't see why she is using them? She never seemed to until recently - makes me feel sad if she is suffering from the breakup and feels she needs to to feel attractive (just my opinion) - her behaviour is the issue, not her looks.

Reactions: 14
I just actually laughed out loud going through what people have put on the hashtag already. The answer is literally, google or eat it.

my bananas are on the turn - eat them

can I freeze x - google it

Have you seriously waited 2 hours to ask a celeb what to do? Bloody hell.
Oh my god, those people are actually ridiculous. I have a bunch of carrots... give me strength.
Her twitter break is going well I see.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
@Pocahontas you don't sound like a native milksip, you sound like a nice person who is posting in good faith. The problem is (I think) not everyone is. Not referring to anyone on here btw, I mean generally on the Internet.

I understand where you're coming from, the first time you encounter online nastiness in whatever form can be unsettling. I've been there myself and tend to operate on the lines of everyone is nice until proven otherwise - if that makes sense?

And definitely don't overshare. Don't do a Jack, basically!

Another thing I find helpful which ofc you are free to disregard is... if your instinct says you shouldn't post something then don't ignore it.

That is all. TED talk over!
Thank you sweets. Ted talk appreciated ❤
Thing is, I was quite enjoying the creepy thrill of someone on here being DDD? It was almost funny and appealed to my creepy horror-loving mind. But when it was revealed that someone on here was potentially a BNP-sympathiser, I felt scared for me and the other BAME posters on here who were always open too?
Also, I feel a bit perturbed, that when I first started reading this thread, I was genuinely moved by a post about ham 😂

Christ alive, I definitely won’t pull a Jack, don’t worry 😂 X

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
I may be wrong but aren't the food packs only supposed to help with the feeding off the child not actually feed the child completely. I get it might not be alot but its something and kids are never full. Kids eat all around the clock so there is no guarantee that any amount of lunch will fill them for long. You cannot go wrong with sandwich, piece of fruit and he crisps or a few biscuits.
It doesn't look like much but also these home pack lunches are possibly a temporary selection due to Covid and the fact dinner ladies and gents are not working to cook something hot? When I were a kid all I got was a cheese sandwich, a water bottle, and apple and a penguin chocolate bar, which if you placed 5x side by side would not equal more than this.

That said though, kids deserve nutritious meals but we are in the middle of a pandemic and schools are doing their bit, imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
It doesn't look like much but also these home pack lunches are possibly a temporary selection due to Covid and the fact dinner ladies and gents are not working to cook something hot? When I were a kid all I got was a cheese sandwich, a water bottle, and apple and a penguin chocolate bar, which if you placed 5x side by side would not equal more than this.

That said though, kids deserve nutritious meals but we are in the middle of a pandemic and schools are doing their bit, imo.
Memories of forgetting my dinner card and asking people for 10p for a replacement and rhe receptionist being a witch. Good times, good times.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Memories of forgetting my dinner card and asking people for 10p for a replacement and rhe receptionist being a witch. Good times, good times.
I should have said it was a knock-off imitation Penguin chocolate bar, but then maybe that would be me elevenerifing...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Good grief. I have peeked at the Lockdown larder hashtag. Where is the common sense? Utter nonsense and tumbleweed. Asking what to do with a tin of Bacon Grill cos they use it when camping but are not camping... AFAIK Bacon grill can also be cooked indoors, I mean if you must.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
oh mate, that must have been tough. I can remember at my infant school there was a seperate line for kids with 'cards'.
As it was infants we could have been no more than 7 yo. One time a girl handed her card to the witch at the register only to be told she had taken too much food and had gone 10p over the total. She made her walk back down the line and put her apple back. IN FRONT OF ALL THE OTHER KIDS.
I'm nearly 50 now and I still remember it.
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
It’s rare, but I am actually shocked she’s not doing it. They’ve been up there for ages so she could already have composed the tweet. Maybe she’s fallen asleep?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I like how her answers are always "roast it" "make hot" - no indication of how you make any of it or prepare it. Got a whole cauliflower? Roast it (or can one just bung it in the microwave?!) Watercress? Make pesto - how? These people are so thick they are asking her and not Google, they don't know how to make pesto!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
oh mate, that must have been tough. I can remember at my infant school there was a seperate line for kids with 'cards'.
As it was infants we could have been no more than 7 yo. One time a girl handed her card to the witch at the register only to be told she had taken too much food and had gone 10p over the total. She made her walk back down the line and put her apple back. IN FRONT OF ALL THE OTHER KIDS.
I'm nearly 50 now and I still remember it.
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Some, and I stress, some, people have a sadistic streak in them, and it honestly permeates into your whole life. Some days I couldn’t be arsed with the fuss so would just mooch around with people who I knew would leave stuff.

Literally every time I get my library card out of my purse I think of my dinner card because the plastic feels the same. Brains!

thank you. 🥰🥰🥰

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.