Jack Monroe #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bet she doesn’t know what tamarind is, why would they not tweet someone who cooks more food involving these kind of ingredients?
Didn’t she basically get schooled on how to prepare it by Andi on her hellmann’s show? She was going on about sieving and Andi gave a more comprehensive answer. Sure it was tamarind? Could be wrong. Maybe it’s a touchy subject now.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Didn’t she basically get schooled on how to prepare it by Andi on her hellmann’s show? She was going on about sieving and Andi gave a more comprehensive answer. Sure it was tamarind. Maybe it’s a touchy subject now.
I tend to watch her snow through my hands and clearly don’t pay enough attention 😂 I hope this person keeps asking 3 times would be hilarious

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I have finally finished Gunkaing.
I thought the thread had disappeared off the face of the Earth.
As usual JMs comments are her usual level of tit.
How dare she try to associate herself with Marcus!
He said in an interview that he used to have food at neighbours houses, because there wasn’t enough to go round at home. JM choose (because she didn’t ask her family for help) her situation. How dare she!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
43F6FE47-BB56-407F-A237-35105CD9F9A6.jpeg

I’ve just been staring at this in awe. What you’re describing here, my dear sweet summer child, is not liking something.

Now, I don’t have any honorary doctorates so please take my advice with a pinch of salt, but I would say, don’t eat them?

My instagram live show would be called EAT THEM, FREEZE THEM, GOOGLE IT.

Please deposit a five figure salary in my tip jar/patreon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
View attachment 157217
I’ve just been staring at this in awe. What you’re describing here, my dear sweet summer child, is not liking something.

Now, I don’t have any honorary doctorates so please take my advice with a pinch of salt, but I would say, don’t eat them?

My instagram live show would be called EAT THEM, FREEZE THEM, GOOGLE IT.

Please deposit a five figure salary in my tip jar/patreon.
Omg I really want to reply to her tweet with what you’ve just said.

I secretly think that her followers are asking such stupid questions because they want some sort of interaction with her, surely they’re not all that thick.

A59BB739-1F2F-42BE-B26E-7D6F0DEF19A5.jpeg

Again, it’s called not liking something? How strange are these tweets.

• Haha
Reactions: 25

I secretly think that her followers are asking such stupid questions because they want some sort of interaction with her, surely they’re not all that thick.
It’s honestly so fascinating. Does it taste nicer because a celeb has pondered it for a second? Certainly not if it’s a Jack original (!) recipe. Baffling.

Just read a really interesting article about how some shielding muslim families have been sent pork, touching upon what we’ve been discussing. Such a complex issue.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

View attachment 157231
Again, it’s called not liking something? How strange are these tweets.
I'm remembering the Saturday Kitchen questions when they'd get questions about Camberwell Carrots, leading to live questions being axed. 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Jack is going to suggest stirring the venison pâté into some (un)cooked pasta isn’t she?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Does anyone remember when someone on Facebook set up an account called ‘customer services‘ and then answered any query on companies websites. It was hilarious.
Ok used google and found it...

For Twitter there needs to be an account called ‘Google it’, they just need to reply to all these tweets and many many many more on other accounts with the stock phrase...’How can I help?’.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I have an incredible idea! if you have evaporated milk and want it to result in fudge why don't you...make fudge???

Screenshot 2020-06-18 at 4.25.38 pm.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
It’s honestly so fascinating. Does it taste nicer because a celeb has pondered it for a second? Certainly not if it’s a Jack original (!) recipe. Baffling.

Just read a really interesting article about how some shielding muslim families have been sent pork, touching upon what we’ve been discussing. Such a complex issue.
Pork seems like such a weird choice regardless, so many people don’t eat it. I have non religious friends who don’t as pigs are very intelligent, not to mention Jewish people or the many people who don’t eat red meat at all

Reactions: 11
I wonder about this, because I'm in some hobby-related groups on Facebook which are also packed with people suffering from Google allergies. The same inane questions get asked over and over...now, there are some questions it makes sense to ask, but others that are extremely Googleable. To give an example - imagine the hobby is cooking:

Person A: Has anyone tried the recipes from Good Food for Bad Days by Jack Monroe? I've had mixed results with her recipes in the past, not sure if I should buy it.

Person B: I wouldn't bother, I had to throw out her horse spunk lasagne! It made my bad day worse!

Person C: What's lasagne please x

Person A? Fine. Person C? WTF is wrong with you? And there are sooooo many of them...

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Definitely - the way he speaks (and writes) - he’s so lyrical about the food he’s preparing - and so calm! And relaxing to watch. Hmm 🤔
Totally made me want to pull up a chair at his scrubbed pine table and listen and eat 😂
Reading those tweets in his lovely soft voice has gotten me all 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I wonder about this, because I'm in some hobby-related groups on Facebook which are also packed with people suffering from Google allergies. The same inane questions get asked over and over...now, there are some questions it makes sense to ask, but others that are extremely Googleable. To give an example - imagine the hobby is cooking:

Person A: Has anyone tried the recipes from Good Food for Bad Days by Jack Monroe? I've had mixed results with her recipes in the past, not sure if I should buy it.

Person B: I wouldn't bother, I had to throw out her horse spunk lasagne! It made my bad day worse!

Person C: What's lasagne please x

Person A? Fine. Person C? WTF is wrong with you? And there are sooooo many of them...
This and people’s absurd behaviour in lockdown has shown what a failure our education system seems to be imo 🙄

VIP member 🙌 Only achievement for me during lockdown 😂🙃
Time well spent imo!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Didn’t she basically get schooled on how to prepare it by Andi on her hellmann’s show? She was going on about sieving and Andi gave a more comprehensive answer. Sure it was tamarind? Could be wrong. Maybe it’s a touchy subject now.
It was tamarind, Andi O gave a full recipe on making tamarind mayo!

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.