Jack Monroe #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My ex (we get on well) is a head chef at a hotel (fancy!) I've introduced him to the culinary delights she publishes FOR FREE as she's so BUSY.

He was horrified. We might have a new honorary hausfrau for the coven

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Thread suggestion #30 Heroic Jack back to save the day, what shall we eat with our venison paté?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Omg I really want to reply to her tweet with what you’ve just said.

I secretly think that her followers are asking such stupid questions because they want some sort of interaction with her, surely they’re not all that thick.

View attachment 157231
Again, it’s called not liking something? How strange are these tweets.
I think most of them want that "omg Jack Monroe spoke to me!" moment. They should come here, we get a shout out from her fairly often.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I saw the supernoodles question. I don’t eat super noodles anymore but when I did the beef flavoured ones were by far the nicest in my opinion.

The one question that could top that one is what could I do with a pot noodle.

Could I stir fry it, add some broccoli and a pinch of chilli flakes?

Yes, absolutely

What is the weird obsession with mushroom and anchovy?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Sadly I really don’t think they are!
View attachment 157277
Correct me if i’m wrong as I haven’t had super noodles for donkeys years, but is the flavour not in a little sachet. So, noodles?
Chicken stock cube. Pour over boiling water, stick a plate over the bowl, leave to do their thing for ten minutes (which conveniently makes them cool enough to eat). No microwave boiling, no saucepans, a bowl, plate, kettle and fork.

Reactions: 6
Well I'm getting my question in now, I bought these to make rocky road. But I don't fancy making that recipe anymore and all the packets are opened. Not sure what to do with these ingredients!!?? What curry can I make Jack??

View attachment 157181
Not fair, I want rocky road now & I’ve got to cook curry for dinner.

Reactions: 6
I wish I was on twitter

"jack all i've got is quavers and a mars bar, what can I make for dinner?"

"I'm thinking about boiling the quavers for a few minutes then adding to the slow cooker and grating the mars bar in, will that work?"

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
I wish I was on twitter

"jack all i've got is quavers and a mars bar, what can I make for dinner?"

"I'm thinking about boiling the quavers for a few minutes then adding to the slow cooker and grating the mars bar in, will that work?"
Yes absolutely. Always funny, never gets old, (I wish that described me!)

• Haha
Reactions: 26
This is still up there with one of the most stupid questions AND response I've seen 🙄

A pasta bake? A bleeping pasta bake??

29E05195-2564-48F4-852A-A8BCB25063FB.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
I think some people just ask so they can have a response.
Like she did to the Dishoom recipe? Completely bastardising it and not taking into account any of the book which explains why its cooked a certain way. I'm sure they real appreciated that.....

On another note, i am seeing into the future and i am going to make the prediction that the food parcel she creates will come in the form of blog post. It will be a post with a lot of adjectives and fluffy writing and drive people to her website to boost revenue. Alas, her loyal fans will say she is a true hero whilst she benefits from the gains made. As usual. allegedly ofc, just a humble opinion.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.