Jack Monroe #289 I see that Jack Monroe is doing her attention seeking thang again. Tiresome.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Or she does file and it goes on record how much she’s really earned and can be matched up with her grifting timeline (she knows we have the receipts).
This has been suggested by other fraus too - do you think this really is the reason she has actively avoided sadly due to health reasons not managed to pay it?
That throwaway remark a while ago about having £30k for a house deposit was the mask slipping a bit.
That is why she seizes upon spurious suggestions she is a millionaire, instead of the more sensible ones that she is just very comfortably off.

Reactions: 41
This has been suggested by other fraus too - do you think this really is the reason she has actively avoided sadly due to health reasons not managed to pay it?
That throwaway remark a while ago about having £30k for a house deposit was the mask slipping a bit.
That is why she seizes upon spurious suggestions she is a millionaire, instead of the more sensible ones that she is just very comfortably off.
Ive never been freelance or set myself up as a ltd company so hopefully more knowledgeable fraus can chime in. But I know people who’ve been ltd companies and they always have accountants who do the filing for them. So it’s not like she has to go through all the receipts herself and do Big Maths by herself. She just has to give all the info to her numbers guy.

anyway, as I’ve said before, there are plenty of people out there who suffer cruel and challenging life circumstances and still get their taxes paid. In any case her tales of tax avoidance being unavoidable due to extreme woe are somewhat undermined by her intermittent toot tooting about how her mood is the same colour as her jumper and she’s living her best life etc.

I must’ve missed the £30k disposit Jack. When did that come up and does this mean she can finally buy a place and stop moaning / RENTING?

Reactions: 31
I’ll never not laugh at that, quality patter right there 😂
I was trying to tell my mum about it one night and I couldn’t get the words out I was laughing that hard.

Back to Jack. I’m right in saying she wrote vegan ish when she decided not to be vegan anymore?

Personally if I were going to buy a vegan cookbook I’d buy it from someone who was actually vegan.

I bought the last bosh one for a pal at Christmas and the recipes look really nice.

I also don’t believe she started eating meat again for health reasons. She ate it because she wanted to and that’s ok. Just be honest

Reactions: 35
Ive never been freelance or set myself up as a ltd company so hopefully more knowledgeable fraus can chime in. But I know people who’ve been ltd companies and they always have accountants who do the filing for them. So it’s not like she has to go through all the receipts herself and do Big Maths by herself. She just has to give all the info to her numbers guy.

anyway, as I’ve said before, there are plenty of people out there who suffer cruel and challenging life circumstances and still get their taxes paid. In any case her tales of tax avoidance being unavoidable due to extreme woe are somewhat undermined by her intermittent toot tooting about how her mood is the same colour as her jumper and she’s living her best life etc.

I must’ve missed the £30k disposit Jack. When did that come up and does this mean she can finally buy a place and stop moaning / RENTING?
I was wondering if there were receipts re that nest egg!

Reactions: 16

We’ll lack of accounts will prevent her getting a mortgage

Reactions: 24
What kind of a twunt recommends their own cookbook?

When my friends ask for recommendations on telly I don't suggest my own stuff because I'm not an obnoxious shitgibbon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
IF it’s fully vegan (it’s not) why call it vegan'ish?
Veganish is fully vegan. The title is because you don't have to be fully vegan to enjoy it, ie you can indulge in Smart Price sausage slop 6 days a week then have vegan slop on the 7th, and this will save the planet.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
I was wondering if there were receipts re that nest egg!
I think it came from this Twitter conversation. Jack said she had 2% of the £1.5 million house price.

Maths fraus will need to take it from here to confirm how much that is…

9686598B-7643-4FDC-A998-60C9BF271D8D.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
You know it would be really easy not to post posing pics with £1000s of Tiffany and designer jumpers whilst simultaneously appearing on TV in a shite grey number and rubber band boots. Does she assume everyone is thick?

Reactions: 47
You know it would be really easy not to post posing pics with £1000s of Tiffany and designer jumpers whilst simultaneously appearing on TV in a shite grey number and rubber band boots. Does she assume everyone is thick?
I’m not sure she gives much thought to anyone but herself, it’s why she ties herself in knots with tall tales when she inevitably gets caught out

Cookery books I see as an art form. The arrogance to just recommend your own is something. At least she's not racked with fear that her stuff isn't good enough and is secure enough to call other peoples food crap!

I'd expect someone like Joe Wicks to recommend his own cook books, which is fair enough seeing as he has precious little to do with the content and they probably pay for decent recipe consultants to create it.

Then there's that she went all ethical vegan for a few minutes until the vegan book had been out for a while. Then started eating the worst most unethical meat despite money being no barrier for undisclosed medical reasons and being about high welfare meat prior the vegan phase o_O

Reactions: 47
Well, that was terrible.

I began by choosing 2 teas. Gibbon O'Slop says that all teas work, and has mentioned previously that she's used a black tea, so I went for one with rose; plus hibiscus tea (which I use in the summer to make actual iced tea, and is delicious). As a tea lover, I was excited that this might be the first Jack recipe I like.

I also made myself a fortifying coffee in the Obligatory Strawberry Thief mug, just for you, fraus.

View attachment 1202922

I duly made the tea and let it sit. I poured myself another fortifying cup of coffee while I waited for it to cool and folded some laundry. My husband walked into the kitchen and eyed my half-full glasses of tea with suspicion, but said nothing. As he left, I contemplated my life choices.

View attachment 1202931

When the tea was brewed and cold, I topped it up with some very cold Lorina clear lemonade (fancy). I thought about using the scary vitamin lemonade my husband likes, but decided I couldn't face it.

View attachment 1202937

I smelled both teas. The one on the left (black tea with rose) had a strange, almost soapy aroma in combination with the lemonade. It didn't fill me with confidence. The hibiscus tea on the right has quite a sweet smell anyway; with the lemonade, it was very much like the body sprays my pre-teen daughter and her friends like. Holding it up to the light, you couldn't see any bubbles. Using the fancy lemonade seemed pointless. My son came in for a drink and asked me why I was staring mournfully at "whatever's in those glasses". I didn't know how to explain, so he took a bottle of fizzy water from the fridge, and left. I envied him.

Tasting was upon me.

Frauen, herren, I love tea. I drink gallons of the stuff, in almost any variant (except peppermint, because it's disgusting). This is, without a doubt, one of the worst things I've drunk.

As expected, the 1:1 ratio of carbonation to flat resulted in a drink with the texture of a fizzy juice that's been open a few days. The lemonade I used was French, and very fizzy and delicious by itself. The texture of the drink was really odd; almost thick? I don't know how to explain the cloying sensation as I drank it. I felt very sorry for myself.

The taste was VILE. The lemonade became watery, obviously, but the sweetness didn't seem to go anywhere. Sort of like the lemon flavour took one look at the drink, and decided to Now duck Off. The sugar remained, and the black-tea-very-sweet-lemonade situation was rank. I thought the hibiscus one might be better because it's sweeter anyway - it wasn't. Shower gel sensations all round.

In the interest of not wasting things, I finished both. I wish I hadn't. I have a slight stomach ache, and I think I would like a lie down and a stiff G&T.

As an aside, for any fraus looking for an actually nice non-alcoholic beverage, I can't recommend this enough. I'm a drinking frau, but I have this regularly and it's delicious.
View attachment 1202975
God bless you for taking one for the team so the rest I of us didn't have too. I have once made a palatable drink with Earl grey and bergamot soda and lots of gin. I wonder if soda streaming iced tea would work

Reactions: 26
I haven't fully grunked yet but I need to get out of my system how lovely it is to see her with a smile that reaches her eyes. Praise beans, the lights are on! It's an Easter miracle.

a smile that reaches the shark eyes.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 90
Cookery books I see as an art form. The arrogance to just recommend your own is something. At least she's not racked with fear that her stuff isn't good enough and is secure enough to call other peoples food crap!

I'd expect someone like Joe Wicks to recommend his own cook books, which is fair enough seeing as he has precious little to do with the content and they probably pay for decent recipe consultants to create it.

Then there's that she went all ethical vegan for a few minutes until the vegan book had been out for a while. Then started eating the worst most unethical meat despite money being no barrier for undisclosed medical reasons despite being about high welfare meat prior the vegan phase o_O
Agree Yel, and as I said the other day, if she wanted to maintain the vegan ethic but couldn’t for health reasons, then there’s no reason for the pig skin hat or leather DM’s either.

I haven't fully grunked yet but I need to get out of my system how lovely it is to see her with a smile that reaches her eyes. Praise beans, the lights are on! It's an Easter miracle.

View attachment 1203351
My first thought when I seen that comment:

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.