Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

OwlRightsReserved

VIP Member
Well, that was terrible.

I began by choosing 2 teas. Gibbon O'Slop says that all teas work, and has mentioned previously that she's used a black tea, so I went for one with rose; plus hibiscus tea (which I use in the summer to make actual iced tea, and is delicious). As a tea lover, I was excited that this might be the first Jack recipe I like.

I also made myself a fortifying coffee in the Obligatory Strawberry Thief mug, just for you, fraus.

Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 13.45.00.png

I duly made the tea and let it sit. I poured myself another fortifying cup of coffee while I waited for it to cool and folded some laundry. My husband walked into the kitchen and eyed my half-full glasses of tea with suspicion, but said nothing. As he left, I contemplated my life choices.

Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 13.46.38.png

When the tea was brewed and cold, I topped it up with some very cold Lorina clear lemonade (fancy). I thought about using the scary vitamin lemonade my husband likes, but decided I couldn't face it.

Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 13.47.44.png

I smelled both teas. The one on the left (black tea with rose) had a strange, almost soapy aroma in combination with the lemonade. It didn't fill me with confidence. The hibiscus tea on the right has quite a sweet smell anyway; with the lemonade, it was very much like the body sprays my pre-teen daughter and her friends like. Holding it up to the light, you couldn't see any bubbles. Using the fancy lemonade seemed pointless. My son came in for a drink and asked me why I was staring mournfully at "whatever's in those glasses". I didn't know how to explain, so he took a bottle of fizzy water from the fridge, and left. I envied him.

Tasting was upon me.

Frauen, herren, I love tea. I drink gallons of the stuff, in almost any variant (except peppermint, because it's disgusting). This is, without a doubt, one of the worst things I've drunk.

As expected, the 1:1 ratio of carbonation to flat resulted in a drink with the texture of a fizzy juice that's been open a few days. The lemonade I used was French, and very fizzy and delicious by itself. The texture of the drink was really odd; almost thick? I don't know how to explain the cloying sensation as I drank it. I felt very sorry for myself.

The taste was VILE. The lemonade became watery, obviously, but the sweetness didn't seem to go anywhere. Sort of like the lemon flavour took one look at the drink, and decided to Now Fuck Off. The sugar remained, and the black-tea-very-sweet-lemonade situation was rank. I thought the hibiscus one might be better because it's sweeter anyway - it wasn't. Shower gel sensations all round.

In the interest of not wasting things, I finished both. I wish I hadn't. I have a slight stomach ache, and I think I would like a lie down and a stiff G&T.

As an aside, for any fraus looking for an actually nice non-alcoholic beverage, I can't recommend this enough. I'm a drinking frau, but I have this regularly and it's delicious.
Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 14.04.30.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 140

RevEd

Morning all. Hope the chocolate hangovers aren’t too bad. Saw a few queries on the previous thread about Jack’s QT Jesus isolating for 72 hour.

Presumably this is based on thinking Jesus was dead for 3 days, however, he said he would be raised ‘on the 3rd day.’ As in, after 2 nights.

The Bible’s timeline has Jesus dying at 3pm on Friday, and being buried that evening. Nothing happened on Saturday as this was the Jewish sabbath, and then on the Sunday morning the empty tomb was discovered. So more like 40 hours.

Perhaps more importantly, Jesus was not Sat doing crosswords, baking sourdough or crocheting (other Lockdown hobbies available). The entire basis of the Christian faith is that he was dead. More specifically he actually descended into hell, where he began freeing the souls of those held captive there (aka ‘the harrowing of hell’). So actually, he was seeing plenty of people.

(whether you think He was real or not - that’s your own choice - I can at least shed light on what the Christian story is, as opposed to Jack’s interpretation for e-likes).

• Heart
Reactions: 137

jenny2603

VIP Member
While it's quiet, Let us marvel at the speed of Jack's recovery from her mental health crisis.

Screenshot 2022-04-18 12.26.28.png

Screenshot 2022-04-18 12.23.13.png

13th April on the verge of a breakdown. 17th April wearing a colourful jumper to signal how happy she is. So y'know thanks Jack for adding to perception that folk with mental health problems are making it up and cynically using their conditions for their own purposes. So progressive, much activism.
CUNT

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 113

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Thanks to @Brian Butterfield for thread suggestion title. Inspired by an exasperated Squig's tweet. We salute you anonymous comrade.

We are all still reeling in the aftermath of Jack's shopping expedition. I hear you. But hold firm dear ninnies. This too shall pass.
Highlights from the last thread:

* Another delightful meander down memory lane from Jack involving grandparents. (I've lost track of how many she had and where they all lived ffs. I'm sure we're up to about eight now). Anyway this latest grandparental had a guest house, and a highly endearing and loveable trait of his was to liberally sprinkle fagash over guests breakfasts. How they all hooted and fizzed at his jolly japes.
Jack now wants to follow his example. She has a dream. A modest dream. She too would like a guest house by the sea. But oh no! A big fly in the ointment. The pressures of singlehandedly stopping The Poverty and Bringing Down The Government means that cruel mistress Fate has put a stop to Dunsloppin before it even began :cry:

* Jack had lots of people (4) round for dinner. A predictably grim affair judging by the photographic evidence. Some poor blighter was given two portions. What the fuck they had done in a previous life to deserve that we may never know.

* Jack brought the government to its knees again by lambasting Jacob Rees Mogg. She is so good at skewering non obvious targets.

* Some nonsense about chocolate cake with a goblin on top she pretended she made and an outrageously photoshopped face 😂

* Her dad wants her to marry Captain Kirk. So much to unpick there. Where do you begin.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 110

jenny2603

VIP Member
Oh Squig, I say this with love but you really need to get out more. Maybe take up a nice restful hobby.

Screenshot 2022-04-18 12.37.42.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 107

humpty.

B192125B-AAC5-4B72-9754-A4022810F0A4.jpeg

sorry if someone has already mentioned this but they’ve scribbled in fake hair to cover the Tiffany earrings but not scribbled out the Tiffany necklace. I’m also getting Beetlejuice vibes from the smallness of the head xx

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 97

Formal Chicken

Sorry, I need to write some thoughts down as I’m sick of them floating around my head!
  • I think the taxman really will be jacks undoing, I imagine she’s dug herself some hole.
  • I don’t think she was going to keep money from the shitty merchandise but has made a mess from it all. She def had to pay out of her own pocket as there no way she sold that amount of tat.
  • I find it hilarious that not matter how many times she mentions the OH no one asks. She will be raging about it!
  • I have a feeling a “breakdown” is on the horizon. Poor smol pixie is overworked and harassed so it’ll all be too much. In one swoop she’ll rid herself of the VBI, get more extensions to deadlines and plus it’ll bring her more undeserved sympathy and cash.
  • she’s been on a high for a few months and getting bolder and bolder, especially with the begging. The comedown is going to be brutal.
  • We’ve never seen so much squiggles fighting back and I am here for it. Viva le revolution!

• Heart
Reactions: 96

Boyo

VIP Member
Morning from the future Ninnies! How’re you diddling? I thought I’d check in cos there’s been comments in the Intergalactic Metro about accusations of facetuning? As I’ve said repeatedly for the last two millennia, I’m just lucky to have portrait mode and always take selfies next to the porthole, basking in the light from the nearest supernova. As the good book says in Proverbs 14:30, ‘A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones.’ Maybe you bunch of mendacious trolls should try and have peace in your hearts. As for the envy bit, well…how do you think I ended up as just a head? So, speaking as a Senior Sunday School Teacher in this my most holiest of weeks, please leave me alone. I’m on the brink here (of being found out) and what you’re doing is just cruel. And I should know, after all. I invented the pile-on. Have a lovely day!

4A1E326A-B2D5-4627-971C-47295F5C2776.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 96

RevEd

Amen to that last paragraph Rev 🙌

Hard agree on the previous paragraphs - no way would Jesus bake sourdough he was all about unleavened bread plus no rising agents were used on Easter Sunday or Ascension Thursday.
Apologies but I’ve been extremely BUSY & didn’t have time to remember basic biblical bread facts. I actually have a great recipe for unleavened sourdough bread, I’ll post it later if I have time. But now I need to go to Asda to find some cheap communion wine to blue-tack to the altar.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95

colouredlines

VIP Member
And when Jesus had taken some bread and given thanks, He broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.”

And Doubting Thomas spake, for he had doubts. "Lord, if we hath not bread, mayeth we use Smart Price tinned mandarins and dried stuffing?"

"Yes, absolutely x," said Jesus.

- The Book of Jack, 34:4

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 94
New lurker coming out of the woodwork, what a complete and utter joy this thread is. I first saw JM on TV years ago slopping up some fish paste pasta and thought what in the Holy hell is that. Her recipes are an assault on the senses. Did a bit of digging, turns out she's even more unpalatable than the slop she peddles. Tattle was mentioned on a podcast so I googled out of curiosity, and followed the breadcrumbs here. BRB, got a whole back catalogue of posts to get through. What a treat.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92

Marmalade Atkins

VIP Member
Part of me wants to go back to the first mention of OH and count how many times she's said OH since then but I've got chocolate eggs to eat. Nobody needs to mention an OH that many times, that's all I know. Absolute desperado.
I have no chocolate eggs. So...

001.jpg

B4440549-31E6-415A-844B-7F0D9BD46180.jpeg

Screenshot_20220418-130408_Twitter.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

Screenshot_20220418-130217_Twitter.jpg

008.jpg

009a.jpg

009b.jpg

Screenshot_20220418-125916_Twitter.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 92
I haven't fully grunked yet but I need to get out of my system how lovely it is to see her with a smile that reaches her eyes. Praise beans, the lights are on! It's an Easter miracle.

a smile that reaches the shark eyes.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 90