Jack Monroe #284 Jack 'Doesn't turn up to every Twitter fight' Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s talking absolute gash about supermarket wages as well. Admittedly some pay better than others but the last job I had paid me min wage and I’d have been better off working in a supermarket. Jack. You are so out of touch with the real world it’s frightening.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
NOW is the time for a squiggle to mention her OH. Something along the lines of "you deserve a break away with your OH."

Then there'd be fireworks.

• Haha
Reactions: 84
I actually think they were a little bit cynical criticising the one tweet where she did something positive by sharing suggestions of how to support and followed it up by posting their own begging bowl as soon as they knew it was generating traffic to their page!
Hijacked!

NOW is the time for a squiggle to mention her OH. Something along the lines of "you deserve a break away with your OH."

Then there'd be fireworks.
Just a bit of speculation on my part but I wonder to what extent there actually was an OH. She seems the type to get carried away after a couple of weeks, maybe OH didn't realise they were OH in Jack's mind.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
No wonder Jack's so angry and bitter all the time. With that IQ* I'd expect more academic and other achievements rather than an aggressive keyboard warrior on the beg all the time fleecing money from people (whether they can afford it or not).

What a sad little life Jack.

*If it were true.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Here we go again.
You are not forced to live there you stupid cow. You chose it with Louisa because it is a very pretty detached house in an affluent area. It is not a bungalow. You renewed your lease in February for another year as a single person. It is not overpriced for a property in that area, you just choose to pay for an expensive 3 bedroom house rather than a smaller place. Your landlady is either a Saint or a fool for renewing it. You are consistently late with the rent, kept multiple animals without consent, ripped up the kitchen floor and cut the side out of the brick built shed. Oh, and you repeatedly slag off the property and the landlady on social media.
Last week you said the landlady lived opposite and now she's living next door. Pick your lie Jack.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 92
The blue ticks are busy quote tweeting and asking people to pop something in the tip jar for the impoverished author.
Kevin is the new Potatoes.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 62
It's so pathetic. For a start upon being challenged Kevin immediately clarified (albeit a bit snottily) that he wasn't suggesting people live solely on pasta but his assertion was that you can eat cheaply and well on a low budget. That, this is what Jack claims when she's trying to flog her books seems to have passed her by. She's essentially gone off on a rant at someone for an opinion they don't actually have.
Firstly, I am the furthest from a Tory imaginable. when I was on benefits for 10 months after having my son as a single parent, I was given £80 a week (income support as it was known then) had rent & CT paid, also had child benefit which was about 20 a week paid monthly. I had gas and electric meters. I used to buy £20 worth of gas & electric (no central heating at that point) the rest would be used to buy food, bus fares etc. I would buy a bag of potatoes, fresh veg, (loose so could just buy what I needed) and I’d buy a couple of chicken breasts to batch cook meals for my son for the week. Lunch would be little tins of pasta shapes for him, or sandwiches etc. I’d try to make things we could both have; lasagne, cottage pie, mild curry etc, but I couldn’t always buy enough meat for both of us, so I’d have jacket potatoes & beans, or corned beef (😳) & chips. I had zero maintenance from my sons dad, my dad (state pension) would slip me the occasional fiver, and my sister would treat us to a breakfast in Woolies cafe when she visited, other than that I had no family support. It wasn’t the greatest time in my life, (PND, my mum had passed away just before I got pregnant) but I got through it, benefits were never going to be a long term thing for me, and I returned to work part time when my son was 9 months old. It was tough financially, and it’s tough now, and I’ve been close to visiting a food bank a couple of times in the last couple of years, (work full time in education, single mum to 3 teens) but I’m starting to feel like I’m missing something? Like should I be gnashing my teeth and wailing and have PTSD about a year in which I was exceptionally broke? Should I be rioting because 100% of my wage goes on rent, & bills? We live off tax credits, CB, & my girls maintenance from their dad. My son is a student and he bungs me some cash when he gets his student finance. I don’t buy ‘smart price’ stuff, just usually store brand, I shop at Aldi, Asda, occasionally M&S if the kids are out 🤣 I have WiFi, a cheap tv package AND NETFLIX!! I plan meals and I cook from scratch about 90% of the time. It sucks not to be able to do as much as I’d like with my kids (no holidays for four years) or order them a takeaway once a week or whatever but we get by. I suppose my main point apart from agreeing it is possible to live relatively cheaply (food wise) but mainly JACK ISN’T LIKE ME! Her performative poverty is what tips her from an annoying twit to a hateful liar and narcissistic terror for me.
Camilla Batmanghelidjh has been mentioned before on this forum and I was onto her as well! I live in hope that one day Jack will be outed for her lies.

• Heart
Reactions: 85
I think she’s pretty much like this all the time. Chaos. Sets the dogs on people. Tells lies. Plays victim. I had to bite my tongue on twitter last night as one of my followers was supporting her in the pasta debate.

What really annoys me is the concept that she thinks poor people deserve nothing better than pasta with a bit of 4 days old scraggy spinach on top. There’s zero wrong with using leftovers but I’d rather eat beans on toast than eat any of the scraggy slop she thinks poor people should be eating.

I’d die before I ate that chickpea and peach curry abomination.
You couldn’t pay me to eat her slop 🤢

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.