Jack Monroe #284 Jack 'Doesn't turn up to every Twitter fight' Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No#3 on the most borrowed library books list?
Seriously, just a little bit of common sense with a sprinkle of critical thinking says that crap.

Something like Richard Osmond’s Thursday Murder Club will obviously be more popular then chuck in Where the Crawdads Sing….and she would be next in line?

Even within cooking books she won’t be that popular as ‘That Man’ has TVs shows that link to books, then there’s the The Bake Off and Nigella on telly. Surely that would inspire people to borrow books.

Her book‘s main market is middle class folks that follow her on twitter to appease their social conscience because they believe this way they are supporting her in her quest to feed the poors…..not actual people that have limited money to feed themselves, who are popping off to the library to borrow a slop book.

Google came up with these answers…..
Yep, and also, there's gonna be perennial favourite authors that get borrowed constantly like Ruth Rendell, Agatha Christie, Catherine Cookson, JK Rowling, Stephen King. Like, authors that always have books out on loan at every library. She's tlaking bullshit.

Ya know, I've tended to shy away from the J1G comments (if it means what I think it means, not cos I'm judgey but cos I'm an ex-addict and so never make assumptions) but I honestly can't think of any other reason for this type of behaviour, especially when you take into account the speed it arises and ends, mostly happens at night, the emotional lability of it....could be PD I guess or just general toxicity, all just speculation m'lord. I almost feel myself trying to make excuses for her because I've so rarely known anyone quite this toxic, or rather I have known people this toxic, but they were so much smarter at hiding it.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
The British Library has a very easily available list of most popular loans in public libraries. They are back dated so not very up to date but she is not in the top 200. Guess who is number 6 though?

I’m not proud of this but I won an Amazon voucher in a work thing so bought a copy of Tin Can Cook and donated it to the work library. Over 10000 staff and students have access and it’s never been off the shelves despite a notice on the wall by our food bank. 🔺🔺🔺🔺

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 86
wasn’t she supposed to have a guardian article coming out last week?

i love seeing all this performative rage knowing that jack the frumpy meek little centrist mouse will be appearing on Lorraine for 5 minutes tomorrow. What a bleep.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Yep, and also, there's gonna be perennial favourite authors that get borrowed constantly like Ruth Rendell, Agatha Christie, Catherine Cookson, JK Rowling, Stephen King. Like, authors that always have books out on loan at every library. She's tlaking bullshit.

Ya know, I've tended to shy away from the J1G comments (if it means what I think it means, not cos I'm judgey but cos I'm an ex-addict and so never make assumptions) but I honestly can't think of any other reason for this type of behaviour, especially when you take into account the speed it arises and ends, mostly happens at night, the emotional lability of it....could be PD I guess or just general toxicity, all just speculation m'lord. I almost feel myself trying to make excuses for her because I've so rarely known anyone quite this toxic, or rather I have known people this toxic, but they were so much smarter at hiding it.
Social media has made it much harder to hide addiction, especially when it is part of a person's addictive range alongside drink, drugs, and shopping. I think she is using (or abusing ADHD meds at least) because her behaviour is massively erratic and has deteriorated considerably since 2012 when she first joined.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Screenshot 2022-04-12 09.22.12.png

Well said, squig.

Screenshot 2022-04-12 09.25.30.png

Excellent question.

Screenshot 2022-04-12 09.28.01.png

Tee hee. Bonus points for copying in Soubs Mate.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 111
Disgusting, toxic language there. That is not something to crow about Jack you nasty cretin, doesn't matter who the person involved is. God she's gross.

Well I was treated to an email in my inbox from cooking on a bootstrap this morning, Potatoes sent out at 3am. I know we jest about the old j1g, but she doesn't half give credence to it with her behaviour patterns. 🧐

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Bananas are my number one worst thing, my mum loved jacket potatoes as much as my dad loved serving up bananas. Aka constantly. However, Mr PS is LEAVING again for work at the weekend and so I thought what better time to try a Jack Monroe microwave meal for one. Fantastic reviews. Will try and put under a spoiler as very long

Needless to say fraus, I will continue my search for an edible JM depprecipe
There's a video of her somewhere cooking (I think this) using a microwave. It was an enormous faff.

Reactions: 24
She's trying to copy Nagi from Recipe Tin Eats, who actually does this. Difference being, Nagi is very genuine and her food is delicious!
im willing to spend money on any ingredients to try something from her website, everything I've made from her website is lovely. maybe cooper should start making an appearance à la dozer to make jack's "recipes" more appealing

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’ve even found some library authorities that split into non fiction and she doesn’t even get a look in there.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
im willing to spend money on any ingredients to try something from her website, everything I've made from her website is lovely. maybe cooper should start making an appearance à la dozer to make jack's "recipes" more appealing
😱 on first reading I thought you were referring to Jack, aneurysm avoided 😥

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39

From what I have seen there is still a good percentage of people who are like, " never heard of her"

Strangely enough I am going to my library today I shall ask them.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Social media has made it much harder to hide addiction, especially when it is part of a person's addictive range alongside drink, drugs, and shopping. I think she is using (or abusing ADHD meds at least) because her behaviour is massively erratic and has deteriorated considerably since 2012 when she first joined.
Agree every word. I can also discern a pattern of behaviour which I have seen IRL (Your Honour, I am NOT talking about Jack here, but about a recognisable addictive life pattern) whereby the person uses on their own, at home, and gets onto social media givin it large, but then for IRL appointments, such as going into the office, or, say, appearing on TV, are sober or coming down / hungover, and so are noticeably quieter, more compliant, possibly slightly shaky and confused. I used to be like that, and I know others who were too.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
If nothing else Jack has ensured herself a large number of interested viewers for her appearance on Lorraine tomorrow

• Haha
Reactions: 31
God, she's a nasty little talentless twit. Always asking people to be nice to her, but gleefully enjoying being vile to someone else

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 57
Before the bills went up my mum was paying 60 quid a month for both and she has the heating on low most of the time because she has pets and she still ended up 300 quid in credit.
I adore this. The surprise word "PETS", when I probably thought I would read "illness"

• Heart
Reactions: 22
If her appearance on Lorraine tomorrow is not well received, it will be a toss up whether she buries it under nonsense, or cries bullying.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.