Jack Monroe #284 Jack 'Doesn't turn up to every Twitter fight' Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I understand the point you’re trying to make here about rent but this is ridiculous. If you have a “decent” landlord - and I use that term very very loosely, it’s not reasonable to move to save what is going to be a very small amount on rent per month. Moving costs are extortionate, never mind the time, plus 6 weeks deposit needed, plus she would need to find somewhere which will accommodate pets. Many charge a fee for that. She would also need to prove income which she can’t do as hasn’t done her taxes 🙄 but even if she had she would be a risk as a self employed person renting a property for that value on her own. She is better off staying where she is for now. There are many criticisms for Jack but I’m afraid this is just not it. It is so expensive to rent in Essex. I am in a two bed badly insulated, terraced house (1 double 1 single room) around 15 miles from jack and it’s £1300 a month. Will rise to £1310 in June, and that’s with negotiations. We have been here since 2014 and rent has risen every year from £1095. And actually, other similar properties cost more at the moment.
I'm in Essex and looked at trying to move recently as my rent is going to become unaffordable soon but you need the deposit which is 5 or 6 weeks rent plus you pay your first month's rent in advance then moving costs on top so I'd need at least £3000 to move more likely more. Oh and you need to pay a holding fee once you decide you've seen somewhere you like. For those of us with normal jobs etc you're right about staying put. I do wonder if Jack could potentially save this money and move more easily than the rest of us with her patreon and not having paid taxes for her limited company.

Reactions: 32
I'm miles behind but noting the comments observing that Jack is enjoying being aggressive on Twitter and I agree.
I've had a thought, what if she was the abusive one in that anonymous relationship featured in that article about 'Sam' years ago. She did boast about decking her brother and throwing a chair at someone once. I know it's conjecture but I believe she is capable of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
It's the way she tries to make 'I saw her on the telly and thought she looked nice' sound so mysterious and dramatic. Hopefully if she's back on the J1g later on we'll get some cock and bull story about Diana helping her to set up the Healthy Start vouchers scheme.
Diana actually softly, gently kidnapped her in 1993 and took her to a Park Resorts bronze caravan, and told her, "Jack, let me tell you, you can be the Poor's Princess if only you'd rinse your beans and wear a sheep jumper." Everyone clapped and said it was the best ever. That's Jack's origin story.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Can't keep up with the chaos but on the Portillo thing why was she bringing up her final salary pension, was she planning on retiring before SB was 18? Absolute stilton sniffer.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I'm miles behind but noting the comments observing that Jack is enjoying being aggressive on Twitter and I agree.
I've had a thought, what if she was the abusive one in that anonymous relationship featured in that article about 'Sam' years ago. She did boast about decking her brother and throwing a chair at someone once. I know it's conjecture but I believe she is capable of it.
I shan't me-rail but some of her behaviour takes me back to an emotionally abusive relationship I spent a thankfully brief spell in. There's quite a lot about the way she spoke about LJC as if she was a total halfwit that made me quite uncomfortable. I have a lot of doubts about her tales of violence but emotional and psychological abuse are things I think she's more than capable of.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I'm in Essex and looked at trying to move recently as my rent is going to become unaffordable soon but you need the deposit which is 5 or 6 weeks rent plus you pay your first month's rent in advance then moving costs on top so I'd need at least £3000 to move more likely more. Oh and you need to pay a holding fee once you decide you've seen somewhere you like. For those of us with normal jobs etc you're right about staying put. I do wonder if Jack could potentially save this money and move more easily than the rest of us with her patreon and not having paid taxes for her limited company.
This is what I meant - for the average renter, its tough to move about as its a hefty price. But for Jack? She can afford it. She is just pissing her money away while happily implying she is skint.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Michael Fabricant MP (he of the hair) on TV just now saying Boris isn't so bad because he didn't *know* he was breaking the law. It's a shame he couldn't use the ADHD/depression defence. I wonder if Jack will comment...

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Only just catching up - but has she actually spent all day on twitter? All day?
No working on her book?
No doing the VB Index?
No spending time with her son?

Yet the workshy tax dodger will still bleat on about being tired and having to work 100hrs a week for The Poors.
She really is hilarious 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Michael Fabricant MP (he of the hair) on TV just now saying Boris isn't so bad because he didn't *know* he was breaking the law. It's a shame he couldn't use the ADHD/depression defence. I wonder if Jack will comment...
She hasn’t got a leg to stand on regarding commenting on illegal activities, having not paid her taxes for near on 3 years.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
She's not really got room to comment with all those charges she's racked up for withholding her taxes during a pandemic but I'm sure it won't stop her.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Jacks done a great job of using other peoples money to fund things (like the trussel trust, eventually) but doesn’t seem to want to put her hand in her pocket to help fund taxes that pay towards the most vulnerable. Didn’t she say people shouldn’t have to rely on charity? Well maybe, if people paid their taxes, the government purse would be slightly more able to cope…

• Heart
Reactions: 31
This would make sense, maybe separate plumbing when the crappy bungalow got an upstairs- is there a bathroom up there?
The crappy bungalow was never a true bungalow, it was built with an upstairs. Sorry if this has been answered, I'm behind again

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.