Jack Monroe #282 Cumin: 2p, onions: 8p, fingernail dirt: priceless

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean sometimes I’ve scrambled up an egg in a pan I have cooked the bacon in and it looks rotten but tastes grand for breakfast. It wouldn’t be a Pic I would share on insta though. This one looks awful….. what’s the green slime on that bit to the right?
There’s green in a few places

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Quick, somebody ask where the rest of the Teemill money is going, while she's being remotely honest!!

*Although still doesn't explain the disorganisation/depression excuse when she's also stated she has an accounant.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Yep. Same person. You can lead a horse to water…
….but a pencil must be lead? Well, not any more obviously, with the move to graphite but it doesn’t really work otherw…look, my dad’s old phrases aren’t really up to it any more but it’s not my fault, I’m just disorganised with my old sayings.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
God the bar is so low when you think good for her for at least admitting it.

Then you remember she’s still denying the minimum possible revenue off Patreon 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 54
2 years of disorganisation Jack! Shocked that she's actually made a comment on the subject.
But it isn't Jack's fault

The forensic scrupulously honest autistic Jack doesn't look after her taxes (nor does her accountant). It is the naughty old ADHD that is in charge.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
She really is shameless to finally admit to tax evasion by blaming her imaginary illnesses.

duck you, Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Spare a thought for me, I initially misread it as Hedge Fund Lesbian Fisting and thought the aneurysm was upon us.
A few years back I had to sit in on an assessment for a female patient who had been kicked out of her own GP for aggressive behaviour. The GP assessing her was foreign and while he obviously spoke good English, he didn't seem to have a grasp of the nuances/obscenities of the language, which became apparent when he asked the patient if she knew why she had been banned from her previous practice. She did not, so he informed her, with accompanying actions, that she had been banned for 'fisting a doctor'.

She immediately burst out with a 'what the duck?!' and I couldn't look at her because I was too busy trying not to absolutely die laughing while the doc just kept waving his fist about more and more emphatically trying to get her to understand. Turns out he meant she had shaken her fist at her previous GP. I think that's probably one of my favourite work-related anecdotes that I can actually relate publicly.

I dunno why but these fantasy cabinets always make me cringe like duck.
Also I'm looking forward to her deleting that tax tweet when she remembers that she literally just told us all she has an accountant

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Nigella on Saturday Kitchen and I am just not able for her anymore.
That Patreon shout out has killed her off for me.
I've unfollowed her on everything since the Patreon thing. I've always given her the benefit of the doubt for being out of touch rich but well meaning, but that - I just can't.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Quick, somebody ask where the rest of the Teemill money is going, while she's being remotely honest!!

*Although still doesn't explain the disorganisation/depression excuse when she's also stated she has an accounant.
Quite. Fairly useless accountant then.
And I'm sure most tax avoiders think their reasons are justifiable. Even the 'good' ones.

I'm still cross with Nigella too. For whatever reason people trust her. And she pointed them in the direction of that lazy article and artful tax dodger Jack :mad:

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.