Jack Monroe #282 Cumin: 2p, onions: 8p, fingernail dirt: priceless

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do we think LJC has someone to monitor Jack's tweets? With a panic button ready to alert them all when C4 / partner / ex are mentioned?

It's just repeating the same old shite. Get some rest, eat a proper meal and maybe you'll have an original thought for once....

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I lived with a channel 4 exec therefore I know the finale of < insert every series on channel 4>
Can you ever imagine there was a time when LJC got to sit and talk about her work with Jack? That would actually be a situation where Jack stfu about herself and listened…never happened.
Yeah. Wouldn't happen. Jack is LJC's best defence against Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
My first thread title guys. Thank you. Going to have fingernail dirt flavoured slop to celebrate.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 56
Why is she exhausted? She’s done bloody nowt except tweet.
Ah I don't think any of us appreciate *quite* how exhausting it is having to do EVERYTHING to stop poverty and also bring down the government.
Yes it involves tweeting, but also writing very important things down in moleskins with arthritic hands.
All this just fuelled by crisps and a cold burning fury :cry:

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Gosh if only there was some way not to have to answer the squigs' constant exhausting questions about recipe specifics. Such as, I dunno, writing up the recipe properly and putting on your website. :cool:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
ASK HER ABOUT THE TOXINS, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ASK HER ABOUT THE TOXINS.
Also @Lazarus as a side note (and showing my age here...) everytime I see your avatar I am reminded of the Bay City Rollers, of which Jack seems to be attempting to get a place in....
1649334190158.png

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Interesting article in the Mail: ;)

Selecting a couple of quotes at random:
"grandiose sense of self-importance and the belief that you are special."
"people who exhibit narcissistic traits might tell their sob story on repeat, to anyone that will listen, in order to gain validation and the hope someone will care for them."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
It feels like she hasn’t had an original thought in 10 years: Tories bad, tins good; crisps, sweets, cattos, doggos; peach and chickpea “”curry”; MY poverty, MY trauma; encyclopedia of conditions
This is exactly it though - she has the same politics and outlook on life as I did when I was 17 and a 'literal communist' and a goth and so unbelievably quirky and manic pixie and not like the other girls and pick me! PICK ME! Puh-leeeeeaaaaasuh!

Except when it comes to her and her interests and then all of a sudden she's a cash-grabbing, Emin hoarding, sneer-at-the-working-classes thatcherite lite.

What really interests me about Jack is how she seemed to take on the personalities of the people she was in LT relationships with: with Allegra she was super into food (and her recipes at that time were much better, probs cos Allegra was helping) and posh country living; with LJC she was all Groucho Club and inside media stories. The Jack we have now is what Jack is like when she doesn't have someone else's personality to leech and it's.....ya know once I had a squirrel come into my flat through the window by accident and it was horrible, it was panicking and jumping really fast from wall to wall to ceiling to floor and scrabbling and bashing about and breaking things and making an ear-splitting noise....yeah. Freewheeling Jack is like that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
She often has a retort to the various issues, when feeling emboldened, so has she ever answered why she hasn’t filed company accounts?
Errr… yes, she HAS answered it thank you very much.

35A66368-6DCE-48DC-B793-3B55E63E4CC4.jpeg

(If anyone asks me anything about anything at work today, I am going to use this)

Me too, the poor woman must be embarrassed enough at being associated with that shitshow, without her bringing it up. Poor old Jack, she's so desperate to seem impressive "look, look I used to live with an important person. I wasn't always a hoop rinsing Harold pumper".
ETA That has ⚰ 👻 me

A hoop rinsing Harold pumper
In a grey pov cosplay jumper

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Trying to find the science reason Jack is too exhausted to give us and I came across this gem on a quora thread.

“When you put salt into a pan of hot water it melts and makes the water salty.”

😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Well,child friendly food and Easter activities are more than she has provided so far for SB (if he is there)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 71
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.