Jack Monroe #282 Cumin: 2p, onions: 8p, fingernail dirt: priceless

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I lived with a channel 4 exec therefore I know the finale of < insert every series on channel 4>
Can you ever imagine there was a time when LJC got to sit and talk about her work with Jack? That would actually be a situation where Jack stfu about herself and listened…never happened.

• Haha
Reactions: 71
I lived with a channel 4 exec therefore I know the finale of < insert every series on channel 4>
Can you ever imagine there was a time when LJC got to sit and talk about her work with Jack? That would actually be a situation where Jack stfu about herself and listened…never happened.
Maybe Harold is hard of hearing and can cope with the constant merailing!

eta Harold is giving me some real joy on these threads. My grandad (too soon to joke about losing him last year a la Edwina interview) was called Harold ❤❤❤ (He would never have fallen for a grifter like Jackie tho!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Sorry to return to the Landslide video. I know it's been done to death, but...

Jack is like some teenager in her bedroom, singing their favourite song to the mirror, using a hairbrush as a microphone. Imagining herself on stage in front of an adoring crowd. We've all done that haven't we? Or is it just me. :rolleyes:
Don't want to overanalyse this, but there's something so sad about this. I love singing, it's great, you do it with other people IRL and it makes you feel so connected and energised? Like dancing can do - and I've missed this so much over the last two years. But this isn't about performance, or being told how fantastic you are, what a star - it's being part of something which is bigger than you, and people are doing it in community choirs, or come all ye- sing arounds. And it's a pattern that Jack repeats over and over, with cooking, with knitting, even with sodding Monopoly, there's no apparent interest in / understanding of the process, learning, sharing - just wants a spotlight and a mirror.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
She is right about this tbf. Osborne’s best man made a bleeping fortune off the severe undervaluation of Royal M.
But even a broken clock can be right twice a day!

And assorted Labour MPs, their siblings and university friends/in laws/donors made a fuckton from 'green' energy/carbon offsets the environmental papal indulgence scheme, appointing ATOS to perform disability and sickness benefits assessments, Capita for council tax and housing benefit/introducing Local Housing Allowance, introducing the Private Finance Initiative for schools and hospitals...all before 2010. Oh, and they subsidised employers to keep wages low through tax credits whilst encouraging the housing market to go absolutely batshit. AND, as punishment for being voted out, they all voted in favour of the next Government's attack on social security and sickness/disability benefits as set out by Iain Duncan Smith. It was practically the first thing they did when Parliament sat again - vote in favour of the policies she says she was so traumatised by. The ones where IDS sat in the BBC studio and said without the slightest hint of awareness 'Work Sets You Free'. And despite that exact phrase being used and Cameron not having installed so many old buddies in the system, nobody in the media with any influence or power to set discourses picked up on that at the time.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 59

Yel

Wasn't it Vince cable at the helm of the royal mail sell off?

Nhs privatisation is a complicated topic as since it's inception GP surgerys, dentists and pharmacists are private businesses. Since 2010 there seems to be a very small increase in the percentage of money in the budget going to private companies https://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/ne...r-fiction#how-has-this-changed-over-the-years

I hate the reductive nature of political jack. It's all about soundbites with no facts. Very unhelpful and makes it harder to spot the genuine scandals. Bla bla Tories evil.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
She often has a retort to the various issues, when feeling emboldened, so has she ever answered why she hasn’t filed company accounts?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Science like using tinned pineapple juice to “cook” frozen fish.

Can’t bleeping wait Jack hun 😘.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 49
Wasn't it Vince cable at the helm of the royal mail sell off?

Nhs privatisation is a complicated topic as since it's inception GPs, dentists, pharmacists are private businesses. Since 2010 there seems to be a very small increase in the percentage of money of the budget going to private companies https://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/ne...r-fiction#how-has-this-changed-over-the-years

I hate the reductive nature of political jack. It's all about soundbites and not about facks. Very unhelpful and makes it harder to spot the genuine scandals.
Yep and see @TheDragonWithAFlagon above for more details. She’s such a sixth former in her politics it’s embarrassing

• Heart
Reactions: 38
😂
I imagine LJC did attempt to talk about her job, but Jack always seemed highly dismissive and belittling towards her so as you say, doubtful she actually listened or took her seriously.
No doubt prattled on about herself, or sulked if L came in from work happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.