Jack Monroe #280 Poverty pimp

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Orphy B there are many, many options she could explore that don't involve acting like a boarding school girl in a pre-war children's book and having a jolly tuck feast at midnight. The obvious one would be to stop eating food that would be perfect for her new OH's elderly dentally challenged friends and move on to solids.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I also visited the home of the poet John Keats and was disappointed in his taste in kitchen decor.
IMG_20220403_150531.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Just thinking how offensive Jack has been recently.

People are literally choosing to starve to survive, and poverty campaigner Jack is laughing about midnight sandwiches and packets of crisps?! She's using a couple of meals worth of ingredients on a greasy breakfast, using plenty of cooking methods. She's letting fresh produce go off (apple in the porridge.) She's going to fast food restaurants and spending over £20 on absolute tit. She's making out that her pet cemetary backpack is so quirky, when it's the norm for a lot of ethnic communities, and as the crisis spreads, more people will be looking at cheaper meats for eating.

Being poor is nothing but a jolly jape to the silly twit. She's so very damaging to the actual cause she claims to represent.

(And SB aint there. Thank duck.)

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 76
My nearly 12 year old goes to bed around 9/9.30 pm during the week and a bit later at weekends and hols as we love hanging out together.

She clearly doesn't enjoy spending time with her son.

I feel like her home is an utterly joyless place to be ☹
Babe, same, we do movie nights and Lego challenges. I don't get why she doesn't watch the game with him. She could put some snacks and fizzy juice out for a treat.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Babe, same, we do movie nights and Lego challenges. I don't get why she doesn't watch the game with him. She could put some snacks and fizzy juice out for a treat.
That's because you're a good parent, and she's a weapon.

I wouldn't usually say too much about SB but she's really cracking my nuts over the fact she's feeding her pre-teen at 5:30pm and sending him to bed with the expectation he'll be asleep at 8:30, all the while she's jolly-japsing about with her bedtime crisps and the radio on, listening to the team he supports, without him.

It's just a bit mean, isn't it?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I’m coming from the past … but can solve her problem. She is on the Rothschild and Beluga Caviar databases because she is a known big spender. Tiffany’s share their marketing data with other high end brands.

It’s because you bought the expensive jewellery Jack, they don’t you are are an alcoholic or a “poverty “ “campaigner”, they just know you like to flash the cash.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Ugh god she's insufferable, isn't she. I mean she's really not a likeable person, do hooding aside, she's smug, she's full of herself and she boring.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I wonder sometimes if she explains to people close to her that her Twitter account is her alter-ego and all an act because people must have surely questioned the lies
I’m sure it’s frequently explained away as speaking up for somebody who asked me to tell their story, because they’re too afraid. But you don’t know them, they go to a different school....

• Haha
Reactions: 33
That's because you're a good parent, and she's a weapon.

I wouldn't usually say too much about SB but she's really cracking my nuts over the fact she's feeding her pre-teen at 5:30pm and sending him to bed with the expectation he'll be asleep at 8:30, all the while she's jolly-japsing about with her bedtime crisps and the radio on, listening to the team he supports, without him.

It's just a bit mean, isn't it?
He’s not there. Cosplaying “having your child in the school holidays”.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
I see it less as defensive, more as respectful if I'm honest. until I joined these forums I didn't know that Jack had changed her name by deed poll, and whilst I agree with you that she's as insincere as they come and I wouldn't believe her if she said the sky was blue; if she's legally changed her name, then Jack Monroe is her name.
I have a Greek first and last name that is difficult for people to pronounce (heaven knows why - it is fairly straightforward) but since starting school almost 40 years ago, people have got my name wrong. Colleagues who I've worked with for years still mispronounce my name. My partner went through a phase of calling me an abbreviated version of my name and his friends called me an abbreviation of that. As a result I felt at times like my identity was diminished and I'm very sensitive about people naming others correctly. I've pulled people for mispronouncing my name, my siblings names and even colleagues names, so I'm very much with the majority here.
I had a Greek work colleague named Koula. Easy, right? 8 of 10 people called her the wrong name, her favourite being Koala. In Australia, where Greek communities are huge in size and influence. Honestly! People are outrageously stupid!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
I can only deduce from this fresh (in a manner of speaking) gruel that rather than a rain dance, we did a collective slop dance and now are reaping the terrible, terrible rewards. Also it is quite clear that if they're addressing her as Mr. Monroe in an email, these companies haven't got the slightest clue who she is. That must be nice for them. I hope they never find out.

Btw I can colour code things too, Jack! It must surely be because of autism and not because it's otherwise impossible to keep track of what the heck is going on. twit.

View attachment 1171799
Bib thread title nominate toot toot!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
She probably does think they're personal to her when they aren't. Pretty sure when she posted that SS of a DM to Comrade Corbyn, she was replying to a meeting/conference invite message, that a Frau who was a Labour member identified as a general message sent to everyone on a mailing list. It addressed you by name and looked like it came from JC himself, but it was just a mail out. Jack however thought he was sending her a personal invite, wrote a cringey response, and posted it on Twitter for all to see... 😬😂
still grunking, but that frau was me!

I'm not a labour member, but somehow I ticked the box when signing up for unison that makes me affiliated, so your details are passed on. there are endless mailmerge emails that use your name, and I've no doubt that the same goes for texts if you give them your number

and the fact that jack did the same to pretend that Jeremy Corbyn is a close personal friend will never not be funny

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
As always there's a motive for Jacksie's actions - guess who has got a job going as a Senior Product Manager. Yep. Money Saving Expert and Martin Lewis. It's here: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/job-vacancies-and-interns/
Hence all the arse licking and fawning from our smol maverick
God, she's like an overheated Jack Russell trying to shag your leg for a Bonio.
Absolutely dying at how accurate this is 🤣🤣
@FunnyFuneral Captain Kirk was a bit of alright back in the 60s. Did you know he could 'sing' though?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
New slippers, dressing gown and winter coat every other year? Am I doing adulting wrong? I've had the same dressing gown for at least the last 10 years, winter coat at least 7 or 8.......slippers at least 3 or 4 😂
Maybe Jack should ask for stuff that's actually needed like decent food and snacks, better lego, or boots so she didn't have to walk about with broken ones for so long:rolleyes:
Is delighted the word of the day? Wasn't her son delighted by something too?
She's very wasteful and materialistic.

Daughter's never been one for sleep, so whilst 'bedtime' is anywhere between 9/9.30, she's seldom asleep before 10/10.30. I find it very hard to believe that even 12yr olds who like to sleep would be tucked up by 8.30, especially in the school holidays

Eat tea later then?

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Eat tea later then?
Also who in hell gets up at 11am, doesn’t eat breakfast until nearly noon, apparently then has lunch (or three slices of birthday cake 🙄 whatever, Jack) but has tea at half 5? She’s absolutely nuts, she just can’t help but lie.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.