Jack Monroe #280 Poverty pimp

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He is just like you’d imagine. Totally aware of how ridiculous the ‘business’ is. He sent me some Jo Malone perfume when I was poorly with anxiety in the first lockdown, and he sent my Son loads of rare Pulp vinyl when I told him my son loved pulp ❤
I'm so happy to hear he's a good 'un ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 22
He is just like you’d imagine. Totally aware of how ridiculous the ‘business’ is. He sent me some Jo Malone perfume when I was poorly with anxiety in the first lockdown, and he sent my Son loads of rare Pulp vinyl when I told him my son loved pulp ❤
saw him one time in the wh smiths at work. was too bleeping overcome to say that I expected to marry him when I was 11

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Babe, same. We could've had a cabal meetup here:
View attachment 1173856
I really want to go to any local 🍊ery dear hearts 🍊🍊❤❤

Just thinking how offensive Jack has been recently.

People are literally choosing to starve to survive, and poverty campaigner Jack is laughing about midnight sandwiches and packets of crisps?! She's using a couple of meals worth of ingredients on a greasy breakfast, using plenty of cooking methods. She's letting fresh produce go off (apple in the porridge.) She's going to fast food restaurants and spending over £20 on absolute tit. She's making out that her pet cemetary backpack is so quirky, when it's the norm for a lot of ethnic communities, and as the crisis spreads, more people will be looking at cheaper meats for eating.

Being poor is nothing but a jolly jape to the silly twit. She's so very damaging to the actual cause she claims to represent.

(And SB aint there. Thank duck.)
Angreely agreeing orphany B ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
but since starting school almost 40 years ago, people have got my name wrong. Colleagues who I've worked with for years still mispronounce my name... As a result I felt at times like my identity was diminished and I'm very sensitive about people naming others. I've pulled people for mispronouncing my name, my siblings names and even colleagues names, so I'm very much with the majority here.
Lazarus, sorry I missed your last sentences. I support you! I have a perfectly ordinary and lovely name with no odd spelling, usually mispronounced such that they may as well call me Dennis, as the substitute is so different. CHILDREN can hear and understand it perfectly first time, but adults don't even bother to try, let alone if they only see it written. I hate that so much, it's not ME. I feel for you. I have a lovely trio of kids who correct people really plainly, which is a delight xx

ETA I don't have three children praise be LOL

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Just thinking how offensive Jack has been recently.

People are literally choosing to starve to survive, and poverty campaigner Jack is laughing about midnight sandwiches and packets of crisps?! She's using a couple of meals worth of ingredients on a greasy breakfast, using plenty of cooking methods. She's letting fresh produce go off (apple in the porridge.) She's going to fast food restaurants and spending over £20 on absolute tit. She's making out that her pet cemetary backpack is so quirky, when it's the norm for a lot of ethnic communities, and as the crisis spreads, more people will be looking at cheaper meats for eating.

Being poor is nothing but a jolly jape to the silly twit. She's so very damaging to the actual cause she claims to represent.

(And SB aint there. Thank duck.)
I would love TD or a top blue ticket to point this out.

Also I want to say I don’t expect TD to do all the work. She wouldn’t deserve the flying monkeys that come as a result but surely someone could join the dots. Hopefully she has a dig at THAT MAN or Sir Matt and they point it out.

Reactions: 25
Absolutely dying at how accurate this is 🤣🤣
@FunnyFuneral Captain Kirk was a bit of alright back in the 60s. Did you know he could 'sing' though?
Oh darling much as he was utterly handsome, dear heart Captain Kirk could only ever talk really (historical rapping). Cringing but still a proper bit of alright back in the olden days x

Reactions: 12
I’m coming from the past … but can solve her problem. She is on the Rothschild and Beluga Caviar databases because she is a known big spender. Tiffany’s share their marketing data with other high end brands.

It’s because you bought the expensive jewellery Jack, they don’t you are are an alcoholic or a “poverty “ “campaigner”, they just know you like to flash the cash.
She can't help telling on herself with things like this. Like when she "just happened" to be browsing the Fortnum & Mason website and got herself worked up into a narc rage because they didn't have "Mx" in their dropdown list of titles (even though they did, and she's a bleeping idiot).

still grunking, but that frau was me!

I'm not a labour member, but somehow I ticked the box when signing up for unison that makes me affiliated, so your details are passed on. there are endless mailmerge emails that use your name, and I've no doubt that the same goes for texts if you give them your number

and the fact that jack did the same to pretend that Jeremy Corbyn is a close personal friend will never not be funny
"Your comrade, Jack Monroe" still wakes me up cringing occasionally.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
I will never get up to date on today’s grunk, however I would like to request a poll from dear hear Silver, who does so much for us already. Next thread or the one after....favourite fantasy AMA guest

I’m going for Big Bro H, coopsy or the ebay spoon seller

Squiggle was stupid to allow a TV production company to use their property without agreeing a price. It is very lucrative to allow your property to be used for TV production. Our block of flats has been used countless times as a backdrop, and the council and our residents group both get paid every time.

If Jack was filming in someone else's home, what did she expect? That the owners removed their own property just to satisfy her?

head... (You lot are having a bad influence on me :))
Manc did a swear, manc did a swear!
She is one though

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Also who in hell gets up at 11am, doesn’t eat breakfast until nearly noon, apparently then has lunch (or three slices of birthday cake 🙄 whatever, Jack) but has tea at half 5? She’s absolutely nuts, she just can’t help but lie.
Exactly - SB gets his dinner at 5.30pm (yesterday she was buttering bread for the goat horror at half four so it was probably earlier) and then nothing until slimey meat porridge at 11.30 am the next day? Meanwhile she stuffs her face with sandwiches and crisps lying in her scratcher 🤢
You're lazier than elderly tom cat.
This would be my thread suggestion though too late probably. Had me owl champagning for a good few minutes.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
For a second I got the streams mixed up and thought this was your laminate list!
laminate list? absolutely not

1. SB's dad - even if he does indeed resemble kevin from motherland, still nope

2. Iqbal - depends if we ever see a pic of him. if he's handling bags of tit regularly, nope

3. cooper - he is a cat

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
That's because you're a good parent, and she's a weapon.

I wouldn't usually say too much about SB but she's really cracking my nuts over the fact she's feeding her pre-teen at 5:30pm and sending him to bed with the expectation he'll be asleep at 8:30, all the while she's jolly-japsing about with her bedtime crisps and the radio on, listening to the team he supports, without him.

It's just a bit mean, isn't it?
Thank you <3 I had a bad childhood and in a skewed sort of way one of the good things to come from that is I know exactly how not to parent. I don't understand how you can't want to spend time with your child or give them treats. Kids can be really fascinating and they come out with some really surprising and astute ideas. They need patience, understanding and stability. Also a good stable environment where they can just relax and let it all out if needs be. I work hard to provide that for my wee ones and their needs always come first. I do spoil mine with a lot of love and treats (which doesn't always equal £££ but days out to places, movie nights, playing together or baking treats) but I can't help myself most of the time, I just want mine to be happy.

P.s not bigging myself up, just my approach as a mum.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Oh darling much as he was utterly handsome, dear heart Captain Kirk could only ever talk really (historical rapping). Cringing but still a proper bit of alright back in the olden days x
My thoughts exactly, especially re Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds. It was the Shakespearean style delivery that ended me. Also Spock sang too. He did a hobbit song and the video is hilarious. Still better than any of Jack's music videos though.
On the subject of names. I have an easy Scottish surname but my first name is Swedish and it has an omljud/umlaut accent above one of the letters which really throws people in terms of pronunciation. I used to get called ikea furniture at school. But it doesn't bother me. Most people are quite respectful and Scots are really good at getting their tongues around Norse languages.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
delurking to say Jack is a secret vice of mine.

She's so adored on some forums that I knew there was something off with her.

That porridge mess was vomit inducing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
JM is such a fraud, after all these years her most famous recipe is the chickpea and peach curry. This recipe to be any good need a fair bit of extra spice, also said it would be much better if budget friendly frozen mixed veg was used rather than the peaches.

The peaches, along with perhaps a small amount of frozen raspberries could along with some cheap vanilla ice cream make a peach melba inspired pudding (or a crumble with custard).

Unlike JM I have fed a family on a budget...

• Heart
Reactions: 44
704DEC37-278F-4499-B70A-AA5F9E239F59.jpeg

By getting herself into that tweet chain Jack has managed to give the impression that she has been helpful and not tweeted about porridge, rocks, PRs and pretending to be a ‘Red’. She is very good at this.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 66
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.