Jack Monroe #280 Poverty pimp

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry just took a nosy at the tweet and it’s only 50 billion of new money. Phew!

These people live on another planet. Who’s gonna ring HMRC up for their rebate first, as apparently it’s all just for lols:

207D763B-34B0-48BA-AAF7-B542409D16F6.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Totally agree. I absolutely adore this age and I'm relishing the fact mine still loves to snuggle and actually wants to spend time with me.

I'm hoping the fact we have a close relationship now might help us weather the incoming teenage years...
The only times the teenage years really broke me was when I had 4 teenage sons in the house, and I'd come home from work some days to find they'd just eaten everything. I could deal with the grunting and Lynx Africa and the various rubbish girlfriends, but it was suddenly spending about 100% more on food that vanished in about three seconds that made me feel somewhat unhinged.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Netflix is on and off more frequently than the light in her eyes.
how does one watch Netflix without WiFi, please?
I’m probably being dumb but isn’t she talking about 2 different mushroom documentaries? The bbc one - magic of mushrooms , presented by Richard Fortley
Netflix one- fantastic fungi narrated by Brie Lawson

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Mystery OH is a Liverpool fan clearly. Which is where the lifelong timeline has come into place where we know already SB and his Dad are actually Liverpool fans so she is clearly trying to impress someone. I’m just glad at least SB got a nice treat out of it for a change.

Reactions: 36
Sorry for the Recovery Jack Regurgitation but I’m behind again.

Excellent quoting from the Big Book Jack. Please believe me when I say if ANYONE else was speaking openly about AA/the Big Book/12 Steps, I would be happy. But because it’s Jack and she’s so sanctimonious and so self-centred and so…un-12Step-like, I just can’t.

Oh Jack. You could only dream of a day of putting principles before personalities! She just can’t see that we’ve seen windows with less transparency than her, she thinks everyone else are idiots. We see you Jack, we hear you, we watch you!

When I came back I said to myself “Lenny, lay off the AA chat. Just because you’re a veteran of both the NYPD and AA, not everyone wants to hear your views”. Not because I don’t think it should be spoken about, quite the opposite (although AA is only a small part of Jack). But because I would hate if anyone would think I judge anyone else’s sobriety. I genuinely don’t, only my own (and occasionally Mr Lenny’s 🤭). I just can’t bear people getting the wrong impression of what AA and recovery can be like. My view is that anyone who chooses to talk about their own personal journey has a responsibility to pass the message on in an appropriate way. And I don’t think she does, it’s all “me me me…quote I’ve heard at a meeting…ooh look at my tokens…another quote I’ve heard…me me me, tell I’m the best sober person you’ve met”
Recovery Jack can get in the bin.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
Bet you that the Netflix account is the OH's account, not hers, and he's put a TV in the crappy bungalow, so she can still claim not to own one.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
1. Caroline who has hands
2. The agent who dropped her
3. The lass she was handcuffed to for charity
Sorry to quote myself but I’d also swop out any of these for Jack’s SiL (brother’s wife). I reckon he’ll have some family loyalty and military-round-the-edges taciturnity no matter how big a whopper Jack is. Whereas I bet his missus has all the tea and an outsider view of the weird dynamic that’s enabled her to be such a mad narc unchecked.

Mrs Yannis come on dooooowwwn!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Hello fraus, I've finally caught too after a trip to London at the weekend. Fancy! I see nothing has changed, Jack is still a grifting twit

• Haha
Reactions: 33
The second tranche of Teemill money will have been paid by now. Will the mystery charities be revealed?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Grunking so skipped ahead so don't know whether anyone has pointed out how ... insensitive isn't even the word but you get the drift .... it is to be boasting about sobriety one minute and the next be basically talking only about free alcohol? Like STFU you dick.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Sorry to quote myself but I’d also swop out any of these for Jack’s SiL (brother’s wife). I reckon he’ll have some family loyalty and military-round-the-edges taciturnity no matter how big a whopper Jack is. Whereas I bet his missus has all the tea and an outsider view of the weird dynamic that’s enabled her to be such a mad narc unchecked.

Mrs Yannis come on dooooowwwn!

I think Yannis is one of the younger siblings and not Military brother?

Reactions: 8
Oh no, she's depressed again? But she just told us how toot tootin' happy she was and how fabulous her life was! 😩 Really thought it was for good this time.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.