Jack Monroe #280 Poverty pimp

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You're mixing up two Jack stories there. Jude Law was in the Groucho Club when he inadvertently blocked Jack's view of the TV screen prompting her to roar "SIT DOWN I NEED TO SEE bleeping REDCAR". This 100% happened.

At The Ivy, Jack leapt upon the piano and provocatively sang Common People at her fellow diners which 100% happened. Jack seems oblivious to this being a total fail. No one dining at The Ivy is trying to live like common people so we're not quite sure what point Jack was trying to make. Maybe one day she'll spot Camilla Parker Bowles down the chippy and can have another go at musical class war.
Oh yes. Sorry got 2 very expensive and privileged nights out in 2 very expensive and very privileged venues mixed up. Poor poverty stricken Jack I expect her OH fronted her every time 🙄

Reactions: 27
Not a football fan so sorry if this is a sacred act but who listens to it on the radio in 2022? Like if you’re at work then yeah maybe but 🥴 in a world where teenagers can do anything online are any of them booting up a DAB radio??
A friend of mine is a massive football fan, and he prefers the radio commentary because it’s more detailed and they’re not as annoying. He‘ll watch it on tv but mute it and play the radio commentary over it instead. But in this case I think it’s just Jack lying to make it seem like her and SB have no other technology.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
My nearly 12 year old goes to bed around 9/9.30 pm during the week and a bit later at weekends and hols as we love hanging out together.

She clearly doesn't enjoy spending time with her son.

I feel like her home is an utterly joyless place to be ☹
BIB 100%. It baffles me because pre-teen years (in my experience) are some of the most delightful - it's before the teenage grunt, but they're inquisitive and and funny and capable of holding proper conversations, and they really love when you treat them like a grown up. Mine would riot if I sent her to bed at 8 in the holidays.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Ah I still think back fondly to the time she slagged off some of us here for being addicts. What a hoot.

If that was someone working the Steps and implementing them into their life, they would say “you know what, I was bang out of order with that comment. When I was nasty about addiction, it was because I hated the fact I am one myself. But I’m sorry for the offence I caused”.

I can’t help but think Jack’s response would be “but you all said this about me and that about me and it’s not my fault - alcoholism is an illness and it’s private and leave me alone before I call my Lawyer (I was going to phone Bill Wilson but he’s DEAD)”

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
He’s on my laminated list.
He is just like you’d imagine. Totally aware of how ridiculous the ‘business’ is. He sent me some Jo Malone perfume when I was poorly with anxiety in the first lockdown, and he sent my Son loads of rare Pulp vinyl when I told him my son loved pulp ❤

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
Does she think Martin is running this himself? With nobody else employed?
Goodness me, she’s bleeping insufferable.

bleeping Easter Holidays too and he’s in his room, assumed to be asleep at half 8.
When there's football on. Would it kill her to let him stay up to listen to the match?

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Sorry to hear that, Cucumber.

I know we have lots of ninnies on here that have had very difficult parental relationships.

Sending love ❤
It's taught me a lot about how I want to raise baby cucumber, so for that I am grateful. But jack shouldn't be surprised if SB doesn't want much to do with her once he has more of a say in the matter (assuming half of what she says is true)

• Heart
Reactions: 31
BIB 100%. It baffles me because pre-teen years (in my experience) are some of the most delightful - it's before the teenage grunt, but they're inquisitive and and funny and capable of holding proper conversations, and they really love when you treat them like a grown up. Mine would riot if I sent her to bed at 8 in the holidays.
Totally agree. I absolutely adore this age and I'm relishing the fact mine still loves to snuggle and actually wants to spend time with me.

I'm hoping the fact we have a close relationship now might help us weather the incoming teenage years...

• Heart
Reactions: 34
She didn’t mention liverpool until someone mentioned it to her in a tweet. Like after her 8pm bed punishment meme, she could have said “right lads that’s me off to bed with some honking fish concoction and a large glass of pineapple juice, to listen to the match on the radio #YNWA #comeonthereds”

@heretoreaditall2019 🙋‍♀️ I actually prefer listening to the football on the radio, I have to have something else to do when it’s on because I can’t sit still and watch. 🤦‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
One of my best friends is one of his best friends so I’ve met him lots over the years. He is a genuinely lovely, proper working class, generous, incredibly funny & charming man, and Im pretty sure he’d find Jack abhorrent.
This is music to my ears and eyes. I adore that man and have since I was 14 (almost 30 years). He is a national treasure.
As an offering to you all, I can’t recommend Wireless Nights enough. A tremendous radio show JC presented and is available on iPlayer. Lovely to listen to, down low, in bed with the lights out. Perfect.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.