Jack Monroe #280 Poverty pimp

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is she pretending she’s not religious? “Mystical sky daddy” who she believes in and worships, yes?

You literally got hailed as a prophet at Greenbelt, Jack, yet you haven’t even the courage to say with your chest that you’re in the God squad because you know lots of lefties aren’t into it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 73
We may well have moved on from this but I cant help feeling for her son who has lived with / been introduced to numerous partners over the years and every time his lifestyle changes as they all seem successful and rich, then once they split back to being 'poor'. I dont think this is modelling healthy relationships for him to learn from.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Once again, "sober" Jack can duck all the way off. Delusional.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Gosh, I had forgotten about the wallpaper planner. It was such a good idea, it was going to get her life organised.

It was an expensive outlay for the roll of wallpaper, but it was so beneficial to get a semblance of order in her life. Any amount of money would be worth it to ensure that she could change her chaotic life. It would guarantee that she was able to collate, categorise, prioritise, group and sequence all her hectic life schedules. It was going to change her way of working and make her life run smoothly.

Never been seen since.
Mmmm, is it a crazy idea I've just had to make whiteboard style actual wallpaper (month planner panels sold separately)? I feel like it could be a $£€$£€ winner. We could call it "TattlerNiser". I think SB would love it

• Haha
Reactions: 30
But you were telling people days in to drink de alcoholised beer and cook with de alcoholised wine tho? When are you gonna apologise for endangering people with your misinformation?

Also principles before personalities - have you forgotten your Guardian articles about AA?
Principles before personalities, but pound signs before principles.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
But you were telling people days in to drink de alcoholised beer and cook with de alcoholised wine tho? When are you gonna apologise for endangering people with your misinformation?

Also principles before personalities - have you forgotten your Guardian articles about AA?
She still uses a lot of (allegedly) AF wine in her cooking. I drink occasionally, and cook every single day and couldn't even tell you the last time I used booze to make something.

Reactions: 39
Why is she pretending she’s not religious? “Mystical sky daddy” who she believes in and worships, yes?

You literally got hailed as a prophet at Greenbelt, Jack, yet you haven’t even the courage to say with your chest that you’re in the God squad because you know lots of lefties aren’t into it.

It's hip to be cool, something she is desperate for and seemingly fails at everytime. Also surely in your 30s the trying to be cool vibe should have died off long ago, now it just looks tragic!

Reactions: 31

Maybe she didn't get invited to do a turn at Greenbelt this year.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Sometimes Jack, addicts and alcoholics aren’t destined for jails, institutions and death. Sometimes Jack, addicts and alcoholics live with their conditions, work every day to overcome them and above all, make sure that their lives aren’t defined by them.

The way that you a) talk about addicts and alcoholics is exactly the same as you did when you talked about people on benefits wearing tracksuits watching JK. You stereotype a group of people and in doing so, once again show your complete lack of understanding and compassion.

b) ridicule God is trashy and childish. I am in no way religious so this does not come from a personal vendetta. Would you do this to any other religion? Do you do this to make yourself look cool?

I am pleased if you have finally found your route to sobriety. Please, please do not harm others in the process. Please.

I don’t want to offend anyone with this post. She is just so upsetting and I cannot imagine what it would be like for those of you who have RW experience reading her tweets. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 104
Sometimes Jack, addicts and alcoholics aren’t destined for jails, institutions and death. Sometimes Jack, addicts and alcoholics live with their conditions, work every day to overcome them and above all, make sure that their lives aren’t defined by them.

The way that you a) talk about addicts and alcoholics is exactly the same as you did when you talked about people on benefits wearing tracksuits watching JK. You stereotype a group of people and in doing so, once again show your complete lack of understanding and compassion.

b) ridiculing God is trashy and childish. I am in no way religious so this does not come from a personal vendetta. Would you do this to any other religion? Do you do this to make yourself look cool?

I am pleased if you have finally found your route to sobriety. Please, please do not harm others in the process. Please.

I don’t want to offend anyone with this post. She is just so upsetting and I cannot imagine what it would be like for those of you who have RW experience reading her tweets. ❤
I can’t remember the context but I’m pretty sure she used ‘addicts’ as a slur last year sometime. 🤔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I can’t remember the context but I’m pretty sure she used ‘addicts’ as a slur last year sometime. 🤔
Yeah, she did. And it did upset a lot of the cabal too. Nasty woman. She has no idea at all, and falls back on the lowest, meanest stereotypes every single time and it shows her for the right wing little Tory she really is.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
OK so her sobriety timeline is that at the start of July 2021 she quit the drink? After she returned home from the aparthotel? Which presumably means she had a slip after the dayhab. Sorry, it's all so distasteful but she is so freaking *public* about things which should be private.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Why does Jack sound as though she really has no personal experience of anything she's apparently gone through? It all just sounds so dated and stereotypical.
Of course there's no point really thinking about it and pulling it apart as in a couple of days she'll have moved on. It will be another subject, another depressing story.

Have we had any money saving tips yet? Anything about period poverty? Updates on where the excess money from teemill is going? Thought not.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
I’ve just resigned myself to the fact that broccoli and pasta are cheaper than cinnamon and granola so…

ETA- pistachios are extortionate and a brownlee brother is flogging them so whoever is waiting for that can basically forget it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Why does Jack sound as though she really has no personal experience of anything she's apparently gone through? It all just sounds so dated and stereotypical.
Of course there's no point really thinking about it and pulling it apart as in a couple of days she'll have moved on. It will be another subject, another depressing story.

Have we had any money saving tips yet? Anything about period poverty? Updates on where the excess money from teemill is going? Thought not.
I have previously worked in addiction services, not frontline or anything but I had contact with loads of people with addiction and yes some groups are over represented (white, working class men) but there are not small minorities of often quite well off female "functioning" alcoholics, lots of drug use in the Muslim community where it's swept under the carpet and seeking help is not the done thing in case your aunty/cousin/whoever finds out etc etc - there's not one strata of society not touched by drug and alcohol use. Her views are outdated and show her sheltered upbringing.

Oh she's grating my corned beef this morning

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.