Jack Monroe #273 She’s like David Brent’s crap sister

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ahhh so it’s just a medication thing - okay Jack! :rolleyes:
I’d hate to see her angry if this was calm and in control Jack.
Maybe it's just me, but when I run out of my meds for OCD (I am assuming here that she's on an SNRI or SSRI), which is often because I'm organisationally useless, I spend my time having withdrawals that are almost as bad (sometimes worse) than those from illegal drugs. Sweating, pupils like I've been at a rave, intrusive thoughts, weird brain shakes, compulsions yes, but I've never nearly ruined my career in a day. Not from that, anyway.

And as an NHS frau, out of hours places will be more than happy to write you an emergency script or your GP will send one to your local pharmacy, but I guess then you have nothing to blame your bizarre Twitter rants on.

• Heart
Reactions: 74
Can’t be arsed to squiggle but one response to someone talking about TT/how much patreon money she receives is -

“WTF do you think you’re entitled to anything?
Let Jack do what she does brilliantly and you wait until she’s ready. Trust her implicitly.
As an anonymous account I’m sure you think you’re doing good work. The reality is you’re just a pain in the arse.”

What the actual duck. Why would you trust someone you don’t know implicitly?! Just because a person is verified on twitter it doesn’t mean you should happily throw money at them. I agree no one is entitled to know the details of Jack’s personal finances (obviously the charity money is different and people who donated are entitled to know where it went) but when she tweets regularly about her financial info people are going to question it.

There really is no helping some people

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
God I want to know what this job is. Maybe she's doing chaoses and talking about her meds so, if she doesn't get it she can blame a) her cable of trolls or b) discrimination against ND people (the nuclear option!)

If I were on the recruitment panel and had seen her Twitter behaviour over the last few days I'd be *Homer Simpson backing into hedge gif*

Reactions: 41
Thank you to @Silver Linings and @Marmalade Atkins capturing the screenshots while I had a busy day at work, without you both we couldn’t even grunk!

I have to say there is something dodgy about the TT donation - TT were chasing her agent, there was no proof of the Teemill money going into her account just the money going out, so it could’ve came from anywhere. And it just so happens to be the day after a journalist is sniffing around. Back in your box Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
TRIGGER tablet talk

The only time you normally get refused medication or scripts if your request is within the last script period. It's to stop people abusing them, overdosing.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
You forgot Top Tier Wanker.
I’m only going on the first hand factual 100% not at all embellished or made up, straight from the horses tweet truth ( as she can’t lie). Top tier wanker is subjective and the knowledge is only bestowed on those of us brave enough to backgunk 273 threads to get the full flavour of it. I’m afraid for that reason I cannot include it on her cv. Put any complaints in writing. Thanking you kindly.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Maybe it's just me, but when I run out of my meds for OCD (I am assuming here that she's on an SNRI or SSRI), which is often because I'm organisationally useless, I spend my time having withdrawals that are almost as bad (sometimes worse) than those from illegal drugs. Sweating, pupils like I've been at a rave, intrusive thoughts, weird brain shakes, compulsions yes, but I've never nearly ruined my career in a day. Not from that, anyway.

And as an NHS frau, out of hours places will be more than happy to write you an emergency script or your GP will send one to your local pharmacy, but I guess then you have nothing to blame your bizarre Twitter rants on.
One of reasons I declined anti depressants for my PND is because I know that coming off certain ones can be worse than the original depression, but I wasn't in a place mentally to research which ones were safer and I didn't trust my GP to know enough/take me seriously (I'd just experienced a massive breech of trust during the birth of my son and it was a miracle I was engaging with health services at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
No need to worry, the world will have ended and she'll still be typing up the first draft going by her current work rate 🙄
True, and she'd start with something like the invention of bread and spend three chapters talking about how bread has personally impacted her, only to then pivot inexplicably to the Battle of Hastings but get the date wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 42

She can phone 111 if it's out of hours and after a quick assessment either be put in touch with a pharmacist who can arrange an emergency supply or with an out of hours gp who would send an emergency prescription to the nearest open pharmacy. Of course she could set a reminder on her phone to order her repeat prescription a few days before she runs out as clearly she struggles with that sort of thing.
Am a call handler for NHS and mum to a child with poor executive function who needs help organising himself for appointments etc so we have strategies

• Heart
Reactions: 40
anyway, whatever happened to hugging tories and softly, gently wobbling their heads? this is quite the u turn from monday

presumably it's a fugue state brought on by having to hand over the cash

• Haha
She can phone 111 if it's out of hours and after a quick assessment either be put in touch with a pharmacist who can arrange an emergency supply or with an out of hours gp who would send an emergency prescription to the nearest open pharmacy. Of course she could set a reminder on her phone to order her repeat prescription a few days before she runs out as clearly she struggles with that sort of thing
Yup, 111 are also great for stuff like that. She had no excuse, given she's either loaded or so skint she gets free scripts.

Reactions: 29
TRIGGER tablet talk

The only time you normally get refused medication or scripts if your request is within the last script period. It's to stop people abusing them, overdosing.
I collect various prescriptions for my partner and once when we had run out due to a mix up with the GP not sending over the update the pharmacist gave me a 2 day supply to tide him over while the new script arrived. There are some controlled substances in there and they keep a close check but if you are genuine they seem to help and ensure you don’t go without. During hospital stays one of the first things they seem to do is get his up to date list of meds to ensure things aren’t missed.
why are her family allowing her to behave like this? If it is due to a lack of meds that cause such destructive behaviour then they should be taking better care of her.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Doesnt mind throwing her (carefully curated) dirty linen about.

This is the person who lied, said she had lied, then lied being not able to lie. All to make herself look special.

And didn't Jack previously go 'do your worst guys' when she exclusively revealed her past as a sex worker. To zero interest..

Also the time she googled is Jack Monroe pregnant, found a bot article that said they had no idea, and pretended the media were filling her Ds to find out.

And the time she thought , after carefully breadcrumbing her location, the press would be wating outside her rehab clinic. They weren't.

Which was the same time she solemnly assured the squigs that she wasn't getting special fridge treatment in the apart hotel, because she had booked under a different name

Last edited:
  • Haha
Don’t repeat prescriptions generally just get released? Mine do. A man delivers them without me doing anything.

Anyway it’s fine, it’s all medication related, please send cash and cattos.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Can’t be arsed to squiggle but one response to someone talking about TT/how much patreon money she receives is -

“WTF do you think you’re entitled to anything?
Let Jack do what she does brilliantly and you wait until she’s ready. Trust her implicitly.
As an anonymous account I’m sure you think you’re doing good work. The reality is you’re just a pain in the arse.”

What the actual duck. Why would you trust someone you don’t know implicitly?! Just because a person is verified on twitter it doesn’t mean you should happily throw money at them. I agree no one is entitled to know the details of Jack’s personal finances (obviously the charity money is different and people who donated are entitled to know where it went) but when she tweets regularly about her financial info people are going to question it.

There really is no helping some people
That one is an absolute creep. There is something terrible under his floorboards.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.