Jack Monroe #27 Jack's career move after cooking with cans? Who’d have thought it would be OnlyFans?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bloody hell she is tiring. Put the bloody phone down and then you’ll sleep. Someone in my family is like this, allegedly tried everything to be able to sleep...nothing works. It’s all they talk about and wear it like a badge of honour, always confuses me.

My child is the same age as hers, old enough if you explained you needed a long lie I’m sure he coulD get up and watch tv and have cereal, till she got up. Not suggesting every day, but occasionally would be fine? I think Louisa had a really lucky escape!

I’m assuming no celeb guests on later? Interesting!

Reactions: 20
Perks of having a bad sleeping pattern due to working night shift is you catch JM’s nightly tweet and delete! Replies to these tweets are mostly her followers making suggestions and her rebuffing them with that she’s tried it all!
So just what a day or two ago Jack is talking about how she is 536 days sober, which we know isn't true by her own admissions earlier in the year, she confessed to relapsing, which there is nothing wrong with, these things happen, but as far as I'm aware, if you relapse, even if you only take a tiny little sip, a drink is a drink and you have to restart counting from then, so why in her massive list of things she has tried in regards to trying to sleep is she talking about no booze? That reads to me as if she has been drinking again? If you haven't drank in over 536 days like you claim why would you even add that to you list of things you have tried? Surely she is talking about this as an issue since Louisa left or just before not since 536 days ago?

Also, good morning 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 21
So I googled about her and house deposits. Her fans are well intentioned but very patronising.
16CF7846-F169-4799-97E7-7E0678392620.jpeg
9747564D-6131-4E75-8267-FA4996626C6B.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
Hello all, my first post in here (been lurking a while now!

I am confused by her age - wiki etc suggests she was born in 88 but when you have a nose through Companies House there is a 10 year discrepancy?

Reactions: 7
She claimed before that she used the money she won to pay for her short lived stint to become a politician, because I'm pretty sure there is a screenshot floating around somewhere or a blog post about her thanking Hopkins for paying for her to become an MP 😂, make your bleeping mind up Jack, I'm pretty sure you got £24k plus legal costs, not £24k and they took 97% in legal costs from that 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

Reactions: 15
Hello all, my first post in here (been lurking a while now! And no it definitely wasn't me who posted the nudey photo.)

I am confused by her age - wiki etc suggests she was born in 88 but when you have a nose through Companies House there is a 10 year discrepancy?
Apparently it’s a glitch. Businessy posters here said it happens quite a lot. She’s definitely only 32, which makes her achievements all the more remarkable. She’s been BUSY.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The red flag for me was the, she left me just after I paid the deposit for the wedding. Making her ex partner look bad.
Trying to catch up, few pages behind but had to comment on this.

Her partner is successful, earing a decent salary, yet wasn't willing to pay for a wedding deposit? Or at least go halves? Clue right there that she didn't want to get married yet.

She does come across as incredibly misogynist and controlling. If she can't get something one way, she'll try another trick.
Or was it this, L told her she didn't want to marry yet, so she try another trick? Definitely controlling to unilaterally book a wedding.

It is obvious L was unhappy enough to walk out. No one should stay in a relationship that makes them unhappy. Certainly they should not go through with a marriage.

Last edited:
Reactions: 26
Morning, lovelies!

I've just caught up with the latest nocturnal slo-mo car crash and... wow.

Just repeating what everyone else has said here but her comments about Louisa walking out were spectacularly unpleasant and unfair. She knows that her Jackolytes don't have the critical capacity to stand back and remember that there are two sides to every story. She also knows that Louisa will not - cannot - respond. It's typical narcissistic behaviour, to turn nasty when they lose control. Such a low blow, not to mention a massive red flag to any potential future partner.

• Wow
Reactions: 28
I'm interested about the days sober thing and why it is so important to reset to day 1 if you've had even a tiny bit of alcohol? Is that an AA thing? Is it about being honest with yourself and others? Why does alcohol in e.g. Night Nurse matter as it won't get you drunk so seems a bit harsh to reset to day 1?

Reactions: 9
Hmm I’m only half way through this thread but from what I can glean, someone is pretending to be someone they’re not? And Jack is setting her hounds on her ex, even though she was quite derogatory to her on Twitter and blamed her for the duck ups on DKL. Hmm ok then Jack, sounds about right from you .

Reactions: 9
Mrs J walked out on her
Hi Jack, I am fairly sure you check in here regularly. I am going to give you some unsolicited advice now, it is coming from a good place, but it is going to be of the 'take no prisoners' variety. While I'm sure you'll disregard it as I am an evil troll, it is well meant.

Shut up about your woes. What you are suffering from is a case of 'being a human'. I will not play misery top trumps with you, but I certainly could, and the truth is it's most likely that the person next to me, and the person next to them, and the person next to them (you see where this is going now, right) could do it too. Sometimes life is hard, sometimes life throws crappy things at you and you know what, that's just what it is. We have all got our baggage, and we could all be drowned in it. It really sucks.

But you know what, it also throws good things at you, all the bleeping time. And you are not getting that. Sure, I've seen posts from you about the positives, but they don't ring true, and when the chips are down you always circle back to the bad stuff. You've got to stop doing that. For your own sake. And something else for free, all that bad stuff, there's things in it that are good. Firstly, and basically, pain teaches us things, even if it's just that we can cope with it, that it builds us, and strengthens us. It teaches us about human kindness when people show it to us when things are tough. It teaches us that, often, humour and laughter and smiles are to be found in everything, every day.

I will give you a personal anecdote here. I was once waiting for an MRI to assess the stage of a cancerous tumour. I was scared, so scared, I was not a big, brave person, I knew I had cancer, but I did not know how bad it was and I did not know what treatments I was going to have to go through, and I was *not* a good, strong cancer patient. I was a nervous wreck. There was a huge backlog for the MRI machine that day, as I'd been raced through to get it done quickly, so my mum and I were sitting for hours in a waiting room. She eventually got out a pack of cards (duck knows *why* my mum had a pack of cards in her handbag, but she is a clever woman) and to the bemusement of everyone around us we started playing knock out whist. Then, eventually, we drew an audience, then a couple of random players, and the whole room was full of people connecting. You know what, I could choose to remember that day as an awful day, and it is my tendency to do that, but I don't, I choose to remember that hour or so, where everyone laughed and the world was ok for a bit. And the bit after, when my mum and I went and sat on a bench in the pretty hospital garden for a bit before we left, and just chatted about plants and gardening and medical students and made up names and lives for them all. The point is, I'm nothing special, I don't have a huge inner strength, or a particularly stunning personality, but everyone can choose to do this. Not be a Pollyanna, but there is always joy if you are prepared to pick that.

I don't see you picking joy. I see you doubling down on whatever sadness there is currently in your life. I'm truly sorry, but there will always be sadness, and it is ok to spend a few hours or a few days dwelling on that (though I would always suggest doing that privately and with people you can trust, the ideal would be with professionals who can guide you through it), but I have learnt, starting when I was so very young, that there is always a possibility for joy and laughter and, it sounds trite, but don't underestimate it, fun, to be had, even in the darkest of days. Fix on that, remember those moments and let the painful ones go. It's harder than I make it sound. I know. The pain will keep coming back, and you can let it in for short periods, but don't wallow, keep on going. Not manically, but calmly, just let the days happen until you wake up one day and realise that there is less pain. However, there's a problem. Pain can be attractive, having it bad can be attractive, you get sympathy, and love, and attention. I know, I've gone in for that too. It's so easy to endlessly recycle pain and never move on from it. I see you doing that and you should stop. Plus, it feels unfair, so you (generic you) focus on that too. 'Why me? Why is it always me?' I can help with that one though. It's not always you, or rather it is, but it's always everyone else too. There's always something, nearly always, and I think the best thing I can say here is that you have to accept it, maybe some level of pain (mental, physical, emotional) is part of the human condition and rather than rail against those parts, accept them (this is dull constant work for me and for most) and celebrate the days that are wonderful as shining lights in your life, rather than your right all the time. We are all of us both not special and incredibly special all at the same time.

Now, to the toughest love part. You're being ungrateful, everyone is sometimes, but you are being especially ungrateful in my, obviously not so humble, opinion. I will compare you to me now, and to millions of other people, I have pain, I have a lot of pain, I also have very limited opportunities. I have to work in a job that I find often dull, it's certainly not what I thought my life would be. I have to do it, because I have bills to pay, on my own, and a child to support. I live in a small house, I struggle often, I don't have any *big* chances to do good. I would like to do some good, but I am short on time and energy to do that once I'm done with the business of living and staying alive. But mostly I have no platform. You, though, you have choices. You have a platform, you have opportunities (please don't tell me that you don't and that you are too much of a maverick, you've written in newspapers, you've been on a daily TV show on BBC1, you have sold many, many books). You have a voice and a career doing something that you apparently love. Those are such huge gifts and I feel like maybe you have lost sight of them, because they are somehow normalised to you now (that's not a criticism, that's just the way of people, we get accustomed to what we have). So, stop using that platform to explain to everyone that your life is hard, I'm happy to accept some of it is, because, as extensively covered, it is for us all. Use it to bring joy, to lift the world up a little bit, and celebrate that good fortune (that, ironically came out of some of your pain, as a lot of good fortune does). Well done on managing that, by the way, now stop cycling back to the pain, and move on. Focus on people having a worse time than you, that helps me, and lift them up. Stop being thirsty, you don't need any more validation, follow that need up in therapy, not online. Stop misery top-trumps, they are awful and they drag *everyone* down. Crack on and be better. Talk about this in therapy. Not what has gone wrong, but how it's made you who you are, and what positives and negative there are from that. Resolve to fix the negatives (even if it feels unfair that you have to do that, I'm afraid it's only you who can). Good luck. It's hard, but you're obviously an intelligent woman, you could do this if you chose to. If you feel you are at rock bottom, then I know it seems unfair to have to do more work, but when could there be a better time to start? Don't recycle behaviours, find new ones.

Ok. That is an essay.

TLDR - Jack. Shape up. You're just experiencing life, not some exquisite form of torture only inflicted on you. Make better choices. Go back to therapy. Celebrate your gifts and your opportunities. Stop looking for external validation. For god's sake STOP PLAYING MISERY TOP TRUMPS FROM TODAY. Best of luck.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 119
Bloody hell she is tiring. Put the bloody phone down and then you’ll sleep. Someone in my family is like this, allegedly tried everything to be able to sleep...nothing works. It’s all they talk about and wear it like a badge of honour, always confuses me.

My child is the same age as hers, old enough if you explained you needed a long lie I’m sure he coulD get up and watch tv and have cereal, till she got up. Not suggesting every day, but occasionally would be fine? I think Louisa had a really lucky escape!

I’m assuming no celeb guests on later? Interesting!
I was thinking this - obviously not all kids are the same but my nearly 10 year old would happily get up, fix herself a bowl of cereal and watch tv in the mornings. In fact she loves it when she gets the chance! But Jack wouldn't want that because it would be one less thing to complain about. Single mum of one older boy with a supportive ex, nearby family and a very successful food writing career and somehow still she is more hard done by than anyone else on the planet. Lucky Louisa indeed!

Hi Jack, I am fairly sure you check in here regularly. I am going to give you some unsolicited advice now, it is coming from a good place, but it is going to be of the 'take no prisoners' variety. While I'm sure you'll disregard it as I am an evil troll, it is well meant.

Shut up about your woes. What you are suffering from is a case of 'being a human'. I will not play misery top trumps with you, but I certainly could, and the truth is it's most likely that the person next to me, and the person next to them, and the person next to them (you see where this is going now, right) could do it too. Sometimes life is hard, sometimes life throws crappy things at you and you know what, that's just what it is. We have all got our baggage, and we could all be drowned in it. It really sucks.

But you know what, it also throws good things at you, all the bleeping time. And you are not getting that. Sure, I've seen posts from you about the positives, but they don't ring true, and when the chips are down you always circle back to the bad stuff. You've got to stop doing that. For your own sake. And something else for free, all that bad stuff, there's things in it that are good. Firstly, and basically, pain teaches us things, even if it's just that we can cope with it, that it builds us, and strengthen us. It teaches us about human kindness when people show it to us when things are tough. It teaches us that, often, humour and laughter and smiles are to be found in everything, every day.

I will give you a personal anecdote here. I was once waiting for an MRI to assess the stage of a cancerous tumour. I was scared, so scared, I was not a big, brave person, I knew I had cancer, but I did not know how bad it was and I did not know what treatments I was going to have to go through, and I was *not* a good, strong cancer patient. I was a nervous wreck. There was a huge backlog for the MRI machine that day, as I'd been raced through to get it done quickly, so my mum and I were sitting for hours in a waiting room. She eventually got out a pack of cards (duck knows *why* my mum had a pack of cards in her handbag, but she is a clever woman) and to the bemusement of everyone around us we started playing knock out whist. Then, eventually, we drew an audience, then a couple of random players, and the whole room was full of people connecting. You know what, I could choose to remember that day as an awful day, and it is my tendency to do that, but I don't, I choose to remember that hour or so, where everyone laughed and the world was ok for a bit. And the bit after, when my mum and I went and sat on a bench in the pretty hospital garden for a bit before we left, and just chatted about plants and gardening and medical students and made up names and lives for them all. The point is, I'm nothing special, I don't have a huge inner strength, or a particularly stunning personality, but everyone can choose to do this. Not be a Pollyanna, but there is always joy if you are prepared to pick that.

I don't see you picking joy. I see you doubling down on whatever sadness there is currently in your life. I'm truly sorry, but there will always be sadness, and it is ok to spend a few hours or a few days dwelling on that (though I would always suggest doing that privately and with people you can trust, the ideal would be with professionals who can guide you through it), but I have learnt, starting when I was so very young, that there is always a possibility for joy and laughter and, it sounds trite, but don't underestimate it, fun, to be had, even in the darkest of days. Fix on that, remember those moments and let the painful ones go. It's harder than I make it sound. I know. The pain will keep coming back, and you can let it in for short periods, but don't wallow, keep on going. Not manically, but calmly, just let the days happen until you wake up one day and realise that there is less pain. However, there's a problem. Pain can be attractive, having it bad can be attractive, you get sympathy, and love, and attention. I know, I've gone in for that too. It's so easy to endlessly recycle pain and never move on from it. I see you doing that and you should stop. Plus, it feels unfair, so you (generic you) focus on that too. 'Why me? Why is it always me?' I can help with that one though. It's not always you, or rather it is, but it's always everyone else too. There's always something, nearly always, and I think the best thing I can say here is that you have to accept it, maybe some level of pain (mental, physical, emotional) is part of the human condition and rather than rail against those parts, accept them (this is dull constant work for me and for most) and celebrate the days that are wonderful as shining lights in your life, rather than your right all the time. We are all of us both not special and incredibly special all at the same time.

Now, to the toughest love part. You're being ungrateful, everyone is sometimes, but you are being especially ungrateful in my, obviously not so humble, opinion. I will compare you to me now, and to millions of other people, I have pain, I have a lot of pain, I also have very limited opportunities. I have to work in a job that I find often dull, it's certainly not what I thought my life would be. I have to do it, because I have bills to pay, on my own, and a child to support. I live in a small house, I struggle often, I don't have any *big* chances to do good. I would like to do some good, but I am short on time and energy to do that once I'm done with the business of living and staying alive. But mostly I have no platform. You, though, you have choices. You have a platform, you have opportunities (please don't tell me that you don't and that you are too much of a maverick, you've written in newspapers, you've been on a daily TV show on BBC1, you have sold many, many books). You have a voice and a career doing something that you apparently love. Those are such huge gifts and I feel like maybe you have lost sight of them, because they are somehow normalised to you now (that's not a criticism, that's just the way of people, we get accustomed to what we have). So, stop using that platform to explain to everyone that your life is hard, I'm happy to accept some of it is, because, as extensively covered, it is for us all. Use it to bring joy, to lift the world up a little bit, and celebrate that good fortune (that, ironically came out of some of your pain, as a lot of good fortune does). Well done on managing that, by the way, now stop cycling back to the pain, and move on. Focus on people having a worse time than you, that helps me, and lift them up. Stop being thirsty, you don't need any more validation, follow that need up in therapy, not online. Stop misery top-trumps, they are awful and they drag *everyone* down. Crack on and be better. Talk about this in therapy. Not what has gone wrong, but how it's made you who you are, and what positives and negative there are from that. Resolve to fix the negatives (even if it feels unfair that you have to do that, I'm afraid it's only you who can). Good luck. It's hard, but you're obviously an intelligent woman, you could do this if you chose to. If you feel you are at rock bottom, then I know it seems unfair to have to do more work, but when could there be a better time to start? Don't recycle behaviours, find new ones.

Ok. That is an essay.

TL:DR - Jack. Shape up. You're just experiencing life, not some exquisite form of torture only inflicted on you. Make better choices. Go back to therapy. Celebrate your gifts and your opportunities. Stop looking for external validation. For god's sake STOP PLAYING MISERY TOP TRUMPS FROM TODAY. Best of luck.
This is a wonderful post that I think many people would benefit from reading!

Last edited:
  • Heart
20200616_104618.jpg

*wins 24.000£*

*spends it on a small couch*

I'm beginning to understand why she's still poor...

• Haha
oh @Flumps your post is wonderful. you're so right that everyone has their own battles and I think that's one of the many things that irks us about Jack. Lots of love for you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’d almost feel sorry for her, if she didn’t have to embellish everything with lies and narcissistic bullshit. She does have childcare. Her admin is furloughed, she isn’t paying them. She’s got “five figures” for doing the crappy Hellman’s car crash, she doesn’t work 20 hours a day OR 90 hours a week. I suspect this is her long suppressed desire to paint ‘Mrs J’ as the villain playing out here.
Yes, and millions of people are in the same situation with childcare and schooling and working and surviving on less money. I know I am! It’s not a unique problem right now.

Reactions: 19
Does this thread have ALL the top-liked posts of today so far?! Normally it's Mrs Hinch a-go-go in there.

Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 09.53.39.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I'm interested about the days sober thing and why it is so important to reset to day 1 if you've had even a tiny bit of alcohol? Is that an AA thing? Is it about being honest with yourself and others? Why does alcohol in e.g. Night Nurse matter as it won't get you drunk so seems a bit harsh to reset to day 1?
It's not that draconian at all - it's not about the alcohol it's about the intent. This is just my opinion and no one person can represent the whole of AA but the consensus in the rooms is that in the same way you don't drink 'alcohol free' beer that's marketed as 'safe' (eg booze free) but actually 0.5% ABV you wouldn't self medicate with something that is 18% ethanol content. There's more layers to this that takes us all the way from M&S microwave meals to steak and ale pies which I won't get into. They're also understanding that there are times where medical interventions NEED to occur, so you wouldn't reset your days because you had morphine or an opiod prescribed by a doctor (I have had both).

The person I know knew night nurse had alcohol in it & chose to drank it, so that's tantamount to a relapse as you're knowingly using a substance to change the way you feel which is the root of our shared problem. It's not a strict we're watching you type program AT ALL. Mistakes happen, I've been out to dinner with fellows and someone's bitten into something and been like omfg this tastes like white wine & it turned out the restaurant hadn't written that on the menu (!!). I've heard of people picking up the wrong drink and accidentally gulping a vodka tonic. None of that tit resets your days as it's an accident, it'd be like being veggie and a restaurant accidentally giving you a meaty sauce, it's not your fault and you didn't want to change your mood via a boozy mushroom pasta did you. But if you went and sought out a steak you'd be forced to confront the idea you're not really trying to be veggie...

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.