Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Flumps

VIP Member
Mrs J walked out on her
Hi Jack, I am fairly sure you check in here regularly. I am going to give you some unsolicited advice now, it is coming from a good place, but it is going to be of the 'take no prisoners' variety. While I'm sure you'll disregard it as I am an evil troll, it is well meant.

Shut up about your woes. What you are suffering from is a case of 'being a human'. I will not play misery top trumps with you, but I certainly could, and the truth is it's most likely that the person next to me, and the person next to them, and the person next to them (you see where this is going now, right) could do it too. Sometimes life is hard, sometimes life throws shitty things at you and you know what, that's just what it is. We have all got our baggage, and we could all be drowned in it. It really sucks.

But you know what, it also throws good things at you, all the fucking time. And you are not getting that. Sure, I've seen posts from you about the positives, but they don't ring true, and when the chips are down you always circle back to the bad stuff. You've got to stop doing that. For your own sake. And something else for free, all that bad stuff, there's things in it that are good. Firstly, and basically, pain teaches us things, even if it's just that we can cope with it, that it builds us, and strengthens us. It teaches us about human kindness when people show it to us when things are tough. It teaches us that, often, humour and laughter and smiles are to be found in everything, every day.

I will give you a personal anecdote here. I was once waiting for an MRI to assess the stage of a cancerous tumour. I was scared, so scared, I was not a big, brave person, I knew I had cancer, but I did not know how bad it was and I did not know what treatments I was going to have to go through, and I was *not* a good, strong cancer patient. I was a nervous wreck. There was a huge backlog for the MRI machine that day, as I'd been raced through to get it done quickly, so my mum and I were sitting for hours in a waiting room. She eventually got out a pack of cards (fuck knows *why* my mum had a pack of cards in her handbag, but she is a clever woman) and to the bemusement of everyone around us we started playing knock out whist. Then, eventually, we drew an audience, then a couple of random players, and the whole room was full of people connecting. You know what, I could choose to remember that day as an awful day, and it is my tendency to do that, but I don't, I choose to remember that hour or so, where everyone laughed and the world was ok for a bit. And the bit after, when my mum and I went and sat on a bench in the pretty hospital garden for a bit before we left, and just chatted about plants and gardening and medical students and made up names and lives for them all. The point is, I'm nothing special, I don't have a huge inner strength, or a particularly stunning personality, but everyone can choose to do this. Not be a Pollyanna, but there is always joy if you are prepared to pick that.

I don't see you picking joy. I see you doubling down on whatever sadness there is currently in your life. I'm truly sorry, but there will always be sadness, and it is ok to spend a few hours or a few days dwelling on that (though I would always suggest doing that privately and with people you can trust, the ideal would be with professionals who can guide you through it), but I have learnt, starting when I was so very young, that there is always a possibility for joy and laughter and, it sounds trite, but don't underestimate it, fun, to be had, even in the darkest of days. Fix on that, remember those moments and let the painful ones go. It's harder than I make it sound. I know. The pain will keep coming back, and you can let it in for short periods, but don't wallow, keep on going. Not manically, but calmly, just let the days happen until you wake up one day and realise that there is less pain. However, there's a problem. Pain can be attractive, having it bad can be attractive, you get sympathy, and love, and attention. I know, I've gone in for that too. It's so easy to endlessly recycle pain and never move on from it. I see you doing that and you should stop. Plus, it feels unfair, so you (generic you) focus on that too. 'Why me? Why is it always me?' I can help with that one though. It's not always you, or rather it is, but it's always everyone else too. There's always something, nearly always, and I think the best thing I can say here is that you have to accept it, maybe some level of pain (mental, physical, emotional) is part of the human condition and rather than rail against those parts, accept them (this is dull constant work for me and for most) and celebrate the days that are wonderful as shining lights in your life, rather than your right all the time. We are all of us both not special and incredibly special all at the same time.

Now, to the toughest love part. You're being ungrateful, everyone is sometimes, but you are being especially ungrateful in my, obviously not so humble, opinion. I will compare you to me now, and to millions of other people, I have pain, I have a lot of pain, I also have very limited opportunities. I have to work in a job that I find often dull, it's certainly not what I thought my life would be. I have to do it, because I have bills to pay, on my own, and a child to support. I live in a small house, I struggle often, I don't have any *big* chances to do good. I would like to do some good, but I am short on time and energy to do that once I'm done with the business of living and staying alive. But mostly I have no platform. You, though, you have choices. You have a platform, you have opportunities (please don't tell me that you don't and that you are too much of a maverick, you've written in newspapers, you've been on a daily TV show on BBC1, you have sold many, many books). You have a voice and a career doing something that you apparently love. Those are such huge gifts and I feel like maybe you have lost sight of them, because they are somehow normalised to you now (that's not a criticism, that's just the way of people, we get accustomed to what we have). So, stop using that platform to explain to everyone that your life is hard, I'm happy to accept some of it is, because, as extensively covered, it is for us all. Use it to bring joy, to lift the world up a little bit, and celebrate that good fortune (that, ironically came out of some of your pain, as a lot of good fortune does). Well done on managing that, by the way, now stop cycling back to the pain, and move on. Focus on people having a worse time than you, that helps me, and lift them up. Stop being thirsty, you don't need any more validation, follow that need up in therapy, not online. Stop misery top-trumps, they are awful and they drag *everyone* down. Crack on and be better. Talk about this in therapy. Not what has gone wrong, but how it's made you who you are, and what positives and negative there are from that. Resolve to fix the negatives (even if it feels unfair that you have to do that, I'm afraid it's only you who can). Good luck. It's hard, but you're obviously an intelligent woman, you could do this if you chose to. If you feel you are at rock bottom, then I know it seems unfair to have to do more work, but when could there be a better time to start? Don't recycle behaviours, find new ones.

Ok. That is an essay.

TLDR - Jack. Shape up. You're just experiencing life, not some exquisite form of torture only inflicted on you. Make better choices. Go back to therapy. Celebrate your gifts and your opportunities. Stop looking for external validation. For god's sake STOP PLAYING MISERY TOP TRUMPS FROM TODAY. Best of luck.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 119

colouredlines

VIP Member
I got bored so I wrote a song that covers the last 3 months of Jack's life.

To the tune of "We Didn't Start the Fire"

Single mum, not a cook, newfound fame, writes a book
Alcoholic, vegan, trans, immunocompromised
THAT MAN on Channel 4, angry tweets, she's still poor,
Lockdown Larder, spinach cans, Daily Kitchen Live

Coughs a bit, stays at home, tech problems on her phone
Grated corned beef, horse spunk sauce, superhero pose
Cans of veg, cans of roots, passive-aggressive citrus fruits
Rinsed beans, dry cake, now in the studio!

She didn't put out fires
She just answered phones
Although you'd never know
Some would call her a liar
But they're all just bitter
And her lawyer's with her

Fat in mince, bread knife, borrows Matt from his wife
Cheeky duo, rising star, laughing up a lung
Suing Tattle, printing pages, hasn't felt this good in ages
Nigella-lite, wants renewal, phone stays unrung

Big announcement coming soon, superfan is on the moon
Garden camping, buying paint, renovates the shed
Apologies to THAT MAN, camping stove, lots of cans
Youtube show? No but look, now she's shaved her head!

She didn't put out fires
She falls under trains
The Tories are to blame
Her food always looks dire
Salmon paste and rinsed beans
On a bed of tinned greens

On the train, pervy men, same old shit once again
Bloke says "hi", Jack gets mad, kicks him in the shin
New book, depressipes, This Morning, veg and cheese
Uncooked pasta, no chicken, straight into the bin

Posting books, all by hand, anything for her fans
None arrive, what's gone wrong? Blame the Royal Mail
Makeover for Instagram, lifts 93 kilograms
Fridge breaks, begs a Smeg, going off the rails

She didn't put out fires
She's a maverick leader
With a million readers
She's available for hire
Four jobs and patrons online
She's still on the breadline

Hellman's mayo, grey hair, Miguel Barclay sure looks scared
Potato salad, tofu sandwich, comments all turned off
Stays up late, many tweets, tucks her labia, then deletes
Now she has severe hayfever - wasn't it a cough?

Video in black and white, #JackLivesMatter so let's fight
White as mayo, small advance, where is Mrs J?
Racist drama, shielding mother, now here comes her black brother!
Lockdown haircut, Twitter break, lasts less than a day

She didn't put out fires
She supports black dreams
But just behind the scenes
Why do her fans admire
Her suspicious fiction
And Twitter addiction?

Lost weight, overshare, photoshops her body hair
Sexy photos in weird clothes, Stuart's going mad
Mrs J has run away, time for a new fiancée
Sports bra, skin-tight skirt, but she just looks sad

Grenfell Tower memories, nuggets of mince, fat and cheese
536 days off the booze
Marcus Rashford, Twitter fights, thirst trap photos, sleepless nights
Bathing in her own ephemera, hardly any views

She didn't put out fires
Small Boy's dad is helping
But she won't stop yelping
Maybe she should retire
She'll use her Hellman's riches
To sue Tattle bitches
As the lawyers conspire
To pay legal fees, er,
She could sell a freezer?
While we sort court attire
She's triangulating
So let's all stop hating...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
yeah you'd certainly make yourself promptly scarce wouldn't you

I've been trying to stay out of this but...

I know the posts mentioning me have been lighthearted, but I feel compelled to say that I am not DDD and I think that what they did was fucking low. I wasn't online when the post was made so didn't see it, but I think using any photo of a woman's body to try and shame them is bloody disgusting. I was glad to hear that it seemed a professional photo, rather than a *send nudes* because it seems less likely to have been stolen and more likely something previously published which someone has unearthed. It's just not in the spirit of what we are about here, and is the sort of gross behaviour we get accused of but would NEVER support.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 67

colouredlines

VIP Member
CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE

You've slept for two and a half hours after those morons on Twitter failed to cure your insomnia. Episode 4 of your Instagram Live "show" is going out in a few hours. You've remembered to delete all the posts you made about how awful your ex is, but you still have time to kill.

If you REHEARSE YOUR SHOW AND TRY TO RELAX, turn to page 18.

If you START HAVING BEEF WITH STRANGERS ON TWITTER, turn to page 27.

• Haha
Reactions: 66

OhhBacon

VIP Member
When you catch up here Jack, please can you have a look at what Marcus Rashford is up to. He is really incredible and working hard to ensure children don’t go hungry over the summer, a cause I imagine you would be keen to share/support.

*I’m also intrigued as to how she can centre herself into a story about a black professional footballer who grew up in a single parent household using his platform to invoke social change, maybe she had trials for Man U ladies team and we don’t know about yet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64

Fraggle

Hello! I’m new & I’ve spent WEEKS catching up. Same as most; bought one of her books then realised looking at twitter she had an argument with anyone with a differing option. The threads are a marathon, & I’m exhausted! 🖐🏻

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63

chocolate choux

VIP Member
Appalled that she’s trying to muscle her way into Marcus Rashford’s achievements

He’s a young black man from a poor, single parent family who has achieved something amazing against the odds. She needs to sit her middle class, white, poverty-cosplay arse down

• Heart
Reactions: 58

Motherwellgirl

On the news they've just announced that the government have backed down about the food vouchers and that they will be issued through holidays.

Bet your bum Jack will bang on about how she was 'leading the campaign'and it was all down to her.
Well done Marcus Rashford. Someone who grew up in poverty and is using his voice to do good for others.

(Others could watch and learn).

• Heart
Reactions: 56

HarderFaster

VIP Member
I tend not to pass comment on people's bodies unless they specifically request it, given my own extreme body dysmorphia, and I generally think that everyone should stick to this in everyday life. However, you absolutely do not get to post sad, wan pictures wearing hardly any clothes to your huge following, that may have been photoshopped to make you look even skinnier (speculation, your honour) and then go on a tirade about people commenting on your body. Funny how Jack never shows any skin when things are relatively stable - it's fishing for commentary, pure and simple. And it's very unpleasant for many of her followers with a history of ED, I'm certain. She's despicable.

I know you're all kind people who feel bad for Jack but I'm properly cheering on Louisa right now. Imagine how much easier her life is now she's freed from dealing with all that mania and lying. Hope she's enjoying cycling and making news and her mortgage and eating food with onions which have actually been cooked until translucent.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56

ChilliBean

VIP Member
Registered nurse here who regularly looks after people withdrawing from alcohol. If she was drinking 200 units of alcohol a week as she claims before going sober there is NO WAY she would have been able to safely go cold turkey from that amount. She would either have had to have reduced her intake gradually or had medical intervention/supervision over a few days. We assess someone for symptoms of alcohol withdrawal every 90 minutes, giving them diazepam to ease the symptoms and also reduce the risk of seizures/delirium tremens. She would also have had to have IV / IM injections of thiamine / B vitamins in order to prevent brain damage. Either she went for an inpatient detox or she's exaggerating how much she drank every week. Alcohol withdrawal can be fatal if not managed properly.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 49

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
Just grunka'd my way to this point 🎉 (can't sleep, missing my dead dad) anyway, regarding the mystery tattle account I have one thing to say

.......... It's Jude Laws account 😂
Jude never forgave Jack for shouting at him in groucho 🤣

(I'm speaking purely in jest your honour, this is not a serious serious accusation)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

Universal

Chatty Member
Hi everyone, I'm new. Ive read as much as I can today and you lot sound like my people. I googled her as my husband and I cant understand why the hell she any sort of platform. We thought nepotism, but its fake poverty. The greed is so awful. I am only half way through your posts but I feel like asking SMEG for a Freedom of Information Request on the, 'big American fridge'.

• Haha
  • Heart

AmTellinYa

Chatty Member
Yeah, that childless joke was really not on. Way to make some people feel really quite shit.
Yep she managed to trigger/offend a few different groups there with that comment. Me included as I would give anything to be sleepless and with less spare cash at my disposal if it meant I had my child. Just urgh.

• Heart
  • Sad