Jack Monroe #268 May I ask where you work?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope all the laughter from the crappy Bungalow at the gold spray doesn't alert Evil Landlady to the presence of guests. I can't imagine her chuckling along with trifle bantz. If anything it might enrage her "you're sitting here eating gold bleeping trifle in my bleeping gaff when you owe me rent? Do I look like a mug to you?" *trifle and bowl hit the wall with a splat and a crash*
You’re going with the Krays angle?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Yes to all of this. File with “be kind “ and “it’s ok not to be ok” guff.

And I say this as someone who suffers with crippling depression and anxiety.
Much love to you. I know how horrid it can be. I just don't understand how literally lying to people can be good for their mental health. If I knew everyone was lying to me all of the time just because they didn't want to hurt me, but in reality none of it was true would floor me more than if they just said, look I know you're trying but you're failing! Perhaps if you do xyz it might make it better for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Yes to all of this. File with “be kind “ and “it’s ok not to be ok” guff.

And I say this as someone who suffers with crippling depression and anxiety.
Babe, same. I go looking for the parody/sarcastic affirmations - the real ones make me way too sweary. :)
Also:
1647205924730.png
:)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Jack's so funny!

I don't know why TV production companies say she's difficult to work with....

I don't know why she wasn't allowed to retract her resignation from the fire service all those years ago....

The woman is clearly hilario and her gold spray based highjinks delight all, from her nearest and dearest to the average man on the street. He's sidled up behind her to whisper *I love your work*

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Aw I see Tom Doorley is in her replies, telling her to keep angering that corner of the internet.

As Marco Pierre White said about Tom, he would do anything for a small cheque 😂
i thought that name sounded familiar.. isn't there a folk song that goes hang down your head Tom Dooley hang down your head and cry?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
plot twist. evil landlady and old chief bond over the spite trifle. old chief's just on the dog n bone to his old pal

"you're a big man, big dave. now fackin calm dahn it's only fackin gold spray"

20220313_214157.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.