Jack Monroe #268 May I ask where you work?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish it wasn’t too early for this as a thread title 😭

Once we know the corner I am going in with a broom…and some gold spray.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Sending people to the dark corner of the internet, is the truth now considered a black hole then?

When did we actually get to a state where the truth can’t be told as it’ll hurt someone’s feelings? Utter madness isn’t it?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Gold? On a triiiiiiifle?

If only my family were that funny I'd have a six pack from laughing so much.
I bet Old Chief takes a dim view "first you have traaaazzzers on a bird, then you've got them putting gold on a trifle. It's not on".

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Sending people to the dark corner of the internet, is the truth now considered a black hole then?

When did we actually get to a state where the truth can’t be told as it’ll hurt someone’s feelings? Utter madness isn’t it?
Everyone wants to exists in their own little echo chamber these days. Depressing.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
big dave rn at the crappy bungalow after he's recovered from the hilarity of (checks notes) gold spray

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Jack’s dad laughing at the trifle like: ‘That is what you call ✨ comedy gold✨
F61326AB-9FF2-437D-A450-A591ADEC92E5.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I hope all the laughter from the crappy Bungalow at the gold spray doesn't alert Evil Landlady to the presence of guests. I can't imagine her chuckling along with trifle bantz. If anything it might enrage her "you're sitting here eating gold bleeping trifle in my bleeping gaff when you owe me rent? Do I look like a mug to you?" *trifle and bowl hit the wall with a splat and a crash*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
I hope all the laughter from the crappy Bungalow at the gold spray doesn't alert Evil Landlady to the presence of guests. I can't imagine her chuckling along with trifle bantz. If anything it might enrage her "you're sitting here eating gold bleeping trifle in my bleeping gaff when you owe me rent? Do I like like a mug to you?" *trifle and bowl hit the wall with a splat and a crash*
I’ve actually had a proper laugh out loud moment at this Jenny 😂
Honestly, imagine if you were the landlady? She must just be sitting in her house every day looking at her bank account sans rent money, then at Jack’s Twitter and thinking WTF!!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
Everyone wants to exists in their own little echo chamber these days. Depressing.
This don't tell the truth, because the truth hurts.

Also another bug bear of mine is everyone bigging everyone up for literally winning the booby prize.
Today I did something amazing!
I got up, did the usual everyday tit and now I am going to bed.

Everyone" sooo proud of you"

I get that some people do have mental health issues and things are a struggle, but it just seems like we have to treat everyone like a sensitive child these days else we are apparently being horrid.

I sometimes wonder how these people cope with real life problems! I have lost a patent, dealt with personal things that have been horrid( and that not many people in my real life know about) yet I don't expect to be praised for every little task I undertake and if someone tells me I am tit at something I take it and work on making myself better.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Maybe she did a zoom call with him and he hit the deck laughing and then Jack's mum would have come in all puzzled and been like "what's going on?" and Jack's dad would just have managed to say "gold on a trifle" in between laughs. It would have been so funny and everyone laughs about to this day.

I wonder if she sprayed the whole dinner gold or just the dessert course. How much spite is involved here exactly?
"Gold on a trifle"
Bookmarking this for #later

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Why does everything have to be haunted? Haunted coat rack, haunted bird app...
Haunted trifle...

Maybe Jack's dad is nicer than mine, but if I sprayed a trifle gold, my dad would definitely be laughing at me, in a "why do I have such a fool for a daughter" kind of way...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Out of interest, can anyone point me to the value range gold spray? I've checked Smart Price but I'm drawing a blank. Surely the little urchin chef isn't using premium products? I suppose it could have been a yellow sticker or a gift from a mate but I do need to know where it fits in the £20 p/w budget.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Out of interest, can anyone point me to the value range gold spray? I've checked Smart Price but I'm drawing a blank. Surely the little urchin chef isn't using premium products? I suppose it could have been a yellow sticker or a gift from a mate but I do need to know where it fits in the £20 p/w budget.
Think we triangulated before- Jack helped us 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.