Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

'EllsBells

I know this has been said before but why does her food look so disgusting? 😖

Re bacon bits. They are traditionally purchased around here to make egg and bacon pie but only from a traditional butcher. 😁

Reactions: 25

FrumpyCat

VIP Member
It might be more of an informal arrangement. Rather than being mandated by court and/or social services. Maybe Jack has done something to make SB's dad wary, and it's more for his peace of mind. Just conjecture. It just seems like SB is never alone with Jack anymore.
Tbh if her son is never alone with Jack it will be because he doesn't want to be.

• Haha

Onestorytoomany

VIP Member
I'm going to make two assertions. I have no evidence for these claims, but I am willing to bet that -

a) almost all women have, at some point, used a wad of toilet paper as a makeshift sanitary pad when unable to find the right products for whatever reason.

b) nobody in the history of the universe has ever used a sport sock as a makeshift sanitary pad.
In the times of yore they used to use ripped up bed sheets. Perhaps she's thinking back to the war. When most of attitude seems to be left. Rationing bread and jam, feeding her family food from tins in a weird and random way. My old neighbour told me tales of condensed milk and bread and bread and dripping.

Vanelope

VIP Member
🎶Singalong time!🎶

Apologies to the Bee Gees - to the tune of How Deep is Your Love.

🎵 'And you come to them in a veil of deceit
Keeping warm in your own created grief
And it’s them you need to show

How deep are your lies,
How deep, how deep are your lies
I really need to know
'Cause we’re living in a world of fools
All taken in, when they all should wake up and see
That you don’t deserve money for free...'🎵
I heart ♥ cabal music time

• Haha

Cucumberthunder

VIP Member
Forgive me I’m tired but genuinely laughing at how the lanyard spot is in a place that’s ‘not particularly obvious to anyone else’ AS IF IT FUCKING MATTERS. Jeez what kind of burglars have Southend got if old paper clippings, someone’s grandads old pan, and lanyards are prized items?? I’d move there just to laugh.
Bet it's by one of the many external doors.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

YenE

Nope. Love my mammy but her nostalgic meal that I can easily make myself is NOT what I would pick. Ffs.
(I ate in Aizle in Edinburgh a few years ago. I loved it I would go there again cos it was possibly the fanciest place I had eaten in at the time! Or since I have a masso crush on him I’d pop along to Marcus Wareing’s place and pay him all the money to just cook everything on the menu just for mmeeeee!)

• Heart

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Less tomato content in the SP beans too, most likely extra water added to compensate. The sauce recipe is different too in that it contains glucose-fructose syrup, quite common in cheaper versions of foods, and not great for you.
It's got sugar too. The others just have the sugar.

Cucumberthunder

VIP Member
She's liked this. The same Jack Monroe who was moved to tears by the one night on the streets challenge, not to mention the £10 per week food challenges she was constantly on (and now likes to make out like they were not an option).

View attachment 1079787
This whole thing intrigues me as the people doing the challenge say she supports them, keeps tagging her etc, but I've not seen anything from her about it on Twitter (was mentioned in her metro edit page though)

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I've been thinking about Jack's increasingly worrying obsession with THAT MAN. A big part is just straightforward jealousy but I wonder if a part of it in Jack's mind is a sense of injustice that he can get away with public fuck ups (the restaurants going bust), stupid comments (UKIP, big tvs/cheesy chips) whereas she lost her Sainsburys contract because of her comments about David Cameron's child. Of course Jack being incapable of any form of honest self reflection won't acknowledge that there's a world of difference between a stupid comment and a spiteful one. She also fails to realise is that all she does is make stupid comments, throw tantrums, tell lies and churn out slop. In contrast even his detractors acknowledge that JO is a talented chef and has done some good in the world with his youth apprenticeships and improvements in nutritional standards in school meals. The reason he is able to do good campaigning stuff is because he knows about food so can be taken seriously in his lane. Beyond throwing tantrums our ickle smol pixie doesn't really have a lane.
But she does have a lane, beggy, grifty scammers lane

• Haha

YenE

I like the way we’re not mentioning she also took photos of her slop with her tongue on her jolly jaunt to Edinburgh and I apologise for bringing it up.
Ah yes that was a particularly golden time in Jackland

• Haha

Pavlova

VIP Member
Currently mid-grunk. I’ve been trying to catch up since Friday and I’m onto the latest thread but waaaaay behind.

Spotted on Twitter tonight, here’s one for free Jack. Get it posted.

View attachment 1078897

I was taken poorly at work, three hours from home midweek and genuinely thought I was going to die. Stupid 111 told me the fact my hands and feet were cold were that ‘your body is shutting down’ and then everyone looking at me because of my Geordie accent in the midlands 😂 Thankfully after a second trip to A&E when I got home managed to get myself on the mend, and now I’m ready to be back at work tomorrow. Three days without being able to look at my phone without throwing up has been awful, but since the first signs of feeling okay came again, it’s this place that has kept my spirits up. After never so much as breaking a bone in my life, going through this makes me realise Jack and her fake illnesses is some serious psychological shit going on there. Why anyone would want to pretend to feel the way I actually did is absurd.
Sending you a hug, and I hope you're feeling a bit better now x

• Heart

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
that “no one earns a penny” narrative is such toxic nonsense & part of the whole race to the bottom for cheap/ surplus food provided to the people on low incomes by unpaid volunteers rather than holding society & government to account for the circumstances which cause people to seek food aid. Grrr.
They’re all ex-homeless