Jack Monroe #26 Jack be bitter, Jack be quick, Jack stop being such a dick.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why did she delete it... There’s also something ghastly about photographing your contributions imo. And the added shot of them at a training day...

Her politics really isn’t intersectional at all is it, she’s not once commented on the fact that it was primarily BAME people living in that tower block & particularly at the higher levels. And across the country it’s primarily BAME / first gen people living in tower block housing, even white poors™️ have relative privilege, as they tend to end up in better quality (social) housing. It’s like if you scratch the surface there’s not much beneath at all 😕
No knowledge of her at this time or why she deleted it, but again it screams that it’s all about her, Saint Monroe.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Is 536 a significant number in any way or as random as it sounds?

I try to be careful in using the words ‘narcissist’ / ‘narcissistic’ in an attempt to retain their gravity but Jack really takes the biscuit

I don’t think ‘self-obsessed’ quite covers posting a self-congratulatory Tweet about achieving something for an arbitrary number of days on the anniversary of a national tragedy

• Angry
Reactions: 17
Allegra is on junior bake off on cbbc right now with Nadiya. She’s lovely, no idea what she was doing with JM.

Reactions: 11
And across the country it’s primarily BAME / first gen people living in tower block housing, even white poors™️ have relative privilege, as they tend to end up in better quality (social) housing.
I rarely have issue with anything on these pages, but I have to totally disagree with this in relation to my experience. I live in Salford in social housing. (They are all arms length management, though still owned by the council). We have the greatest number of affected buildings with cladding in the country.

I am a member of a Tenant's Association that has close links with the ALMO managers. Everyone is allocated on points, and bidding for properties. There are no families with children under 12 in high rise. Race/colour does not come into it. Your assertion that "white poors" end up in better accomodation is really insulting, allocation is purely on need.

In fact in my block there's a handful of BAME residents, but in the surrounding houses there are far greater numbers, and rightly so, as they have children. That is replicated across the whole City of Salford. In fact we have quite a few tower blocks that are for older residents only, and that for me is far more concerning. It would be more difficult to evacuate a building full of old people, regardless of race/ethnicity.

It may (probably is) different elsewhere, but certainly here it is not the case. We are still waiting for our cladding to be removed, though the sister block next door is in the process of having external lifts installed to remove theirs. Hopefully ours is next.

To make this about race is to minimise the lives of people on our block, who are just as at risk.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
In that article that was published for her “one year” sober anniversary, she says clearly that she had relapsed a few times and L had to pick up the pieces. Which means she wasn’t one year sober at all, and isn’t 536 days sober now. (Not to mention her bullshit about being harassed by her AA sponsor which sounded completely drama llama made up.)

I am 302 days sober and also struggling right now but proud that 302 days is an actual number of days since my last drop of alcohol. She exaggerates and lies about everything and doesn’t care that she might put someone else off trying AA or that it’s okay to have a relapse now and then but not admit it. AA call this being a dry drunk, Jack.
Well bleeping done you 🎉 you should be proud, you should celebrate and mark those days (she shouldn't because she is a liar liar pants on fire) , that's fantastic, as hard as it is just take a day at a time, I can't even begin to imagine how hard it is for you and I don't know you from Adam but I'm proud of you, minute by minute, hour by hour, whatever you need to do to see you through ...

I knew there was something yesterday that I was trying to remember but couldn't for the life of me think what it was, and it's exactly that, she fallen off the wagon so hasn't been sober as long as she claims which is quite gross in my opinion, not that she relapsed, but that she claims to be over 500 days sober, but once again no one will say anything to her, because according to them she is doing the best she can... 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Jack's first ever article on alcoholism:

"It hasn’t been easy. At the time of writing this, I have been sober for exactly a week. The change has been remarkable. My house is tidier than it has ever been. I have reclaimed my evenings, and my early mornings, free from mental fog and headaches and grumps. My creativity has kicked back into action: in a bid to keep busy, I wrote, created, tested and photographed 50 new recipes last week – that’s half a book!"

My dad was an alcoholic. It killed him at the age of 57. Whenever he did kick the habit for a short time, the first days were spent sweating, shaking and vomiting. Doctors were involved, because alcoholics going cold turkey is DANGEROUS.

What Jack is describing is Dry January.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 58

"It hasn’t been easy. At the time of writing this, I have been sober for exactly a week. The change has been remarkable. My house is tidier than it has ever been. I have reclaimed my evenings, and my early mornings, free from mental fog and headaches and grumps. My creativity has kicked back into action: in a bid to keep busy, I wrote, created, tested and photographed 50 new recipes last week – that’s half a book!"

My dad was an alcoholic. It killed him at the age of 57. Whenever he did kick the habit for a short time, the first days were spent sweating, shaking and vomiting. Doctors were involved, because alcoholics going cold turkey is DANGEROUS.

RIGHT??? Jack was never on my radar really, other than thinking she was doing a good thing. I was never interested in her recipes but I thought good on her for the campaigning. And then I read an interview where she said she was drinking TWO HUNDRED UNITS A WEEK and my bullshit detector was enabled. And then I read up and found all the other stuff on here

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Yup also have alcoholics in my immediate and extended family. Some alive and sober, some tragically passed. The fact she wrote what I class as thought leadership (b2b marketing background lol) after having achieved one week of sobriety?! First of all, how is she writing in a tone like she's beaten alcoholism ONE week after going sober? Moreover, you can't be preaching like you know the solutions one week in either? Surely that contradicts the AA steps?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
What she calls creativity just sounds like mania.

200 units a week is the equivalent of 14 cans of lager a day or about 2.5 litres of wine.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I rarely have issue with anything on these pages, but I have to totally disagree with this in relation to my experience. I live in Salford in social housing. (They are all arms length management, though still owned by the council). We have the greatest number of affected buildings with cladding in the country.

I am a member of a Tenant's Association that has close links with the ALMO managers. Everyone is allocated on points, and bidding for properties. There are no families with children under 12 in high rise. Race/colour does not come into it. Your assertion that "white poors" end up in better accomodation is really insulting, allocation is purely on need.

In fact in my block there's a handful of BAME residents, but in the surrounding houses there are far greater numbers, and rightly so, as they have children. That is replicated across the whole City of Salford. In fact we have quite a few tower blocks that are for older residents only, and that for me is far more concerning. It would be more difficult to evacuate a building full of old people, regardless of race/ethnicity.

It may (probably is) different elsewhere, but certainly here it is not the case. We are still waiting for our cladding to be removed, though the sister block next door is in the process of having external lifts installed to remove theirs. Hopefully ours is next.

To make this about race is to minimise the lives of people on our block, who are just as at risk.
I don’t live in tower block housing. I live in 4 in a block. There are a couple of towers in the housing scheme I live in, one a sheltered one. I believe the properties here don’t have similar cladding to Grenfell but the towers have had sprinkler systems and heat resistant pads in the walls put in.

My experience is much the same as yours re BAME residents living here.

We don’t bid up here. It’s points based.

Reactions: 3
Why does she need to always talk about her good deeds? For me it completely takes away the good as it no longer seems like it's selfless, just for likes. My best friend has a master's in politics, yet does not prattle on like that.

You only write ‘the smile is fake’ if you want the usual Facebook response of ‘aw what’s up hun’. For Jack to then reply ‘not writing it on ere. PM me bbz too many cabals of trolls out there’

It’s the definition of attention seeking. She’s a mess, god knows what any partnerships are going to think of this latest attention seeking outburst.
I don't get why people write pm me, surely they would do that in the first place. They shouldn't need to be told. If you don't want to announce tit on a public platform then perhaps don't mention it on there. 🤷 I had pnd a few years ago and I deleted social media rather than announced it on there. The only people they knew where my nearest and dearest as it should be or failing that therapist.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I think she was referring to the fact that her blog used to be a political one. As I recall she clashed with a local councillor over comments he made about single mums and she used to write letters to the local newspaper.

It’s an odd statement that she used to do politics, lots of people are political. She changed her mind about standing as an mp two weeks after she said she was standing due to two hate letters.

It’s her flakiness that will cause her issues. Signing up for stuff, not following through. Lurching from one huge issue to another, causes and then doing nothing in the end.

The issue with the alcoholism for me was it all came from nowhere. She had been apparently drinking too much for a long time and said things she shouldn’t and also let people down work wise so there was this huge apology as lots of people saw.

I remember thinking the apology/confessional was a tad odd at the time. I remember thinking why are you feeling the need to share this on your huge twitter platform.

Reactions: 9
How great would it be if those with kids under 12 didnt get housed in tower blocks lol. Theres tit loads where I am. They cant build out, so they build up. I know of quite a few families in tower blocks. Including a single mother with arthritis & 2 young children living on the top floor with no lift.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Morning all 😊. Came across this little gem of an article that you might like to peruse for your Sunday morning reading. The article is from Feb 2019. Quite a few LOL moments contained for you to splutter your coffee on. My personal favourite alla Twitter 👇🏻😂 Thank goodness JM keeps us all under control...... via the block button 🙄

“Recently she’s cut her online media time, aiming for 15 minutes a day.
“To have that many people demanding your attention – if I wanted that kind of bloody nonsense, I’d have been a primary school teacher at a pupil referral unit! It’s like being playground monitor, all these unruly people expecting me to keep them under control. I’ve walked out the gate now, you can all do it yourselves!”
I'm sure that's the second time I've seen her refer to a PRU in a negative manner. Does she not stop to consider the kids in those places and what they might be going through? ASD kids for example who are trying to be forced into a standard behaviourist way of controlling them, to greater detriment than if they were back in mainstream or, by God's will, in a setting that could actually nurture them and care for their needs.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
What she calls creativity just sounds like mania.

200 units a week is the equivalent of 14 cans of lager a day or about 2.5 litres of wine.
It's just more exaggeration isn't it? I used to be married to what's charmingly called a 'functional alcoholic', and I am not sure he got close to those levels most days. Possibly at the weekends, but I can't bring myself to delve into my memories to fully work it out. I guess you could get closer to the 200 limit without so much liquid intake with the spirits, there are 26 units in a bottle of Smirnoff, so you'd have to be drinking over a bottle a day to get to 200.

I have also had issues with alcohol (I have issues with *anything* that's even vaguely addictive), and I can drink *a lot* for a woman and still remain functional, and relatively pleasant (part of the problem with me drinking is that I make an exceptionally nice drunk, not a messy one, even my teetotal partner has commented on that in the past), but I couldn't have done a bottle of vodka a day and remained in any way functioning and I don't see any evidence that JM was at those levels 18 or so months ago. I've given up drinking during lockdown, I didn't mark the day, but I figure it must be about 60 days ago, and at the level of a bottle or so of wine a day (more at weekends) it still took a while before I saw any effect from it (I'll take the current effortless weightloss though tbf). I didn't suddenly bounce into an effective and productive routine, if anything, I mooched about more, not really knowing what to do with myself and felt hugely depressed for a while. The heightened activity feels manic to me.

Oh, I don't know, that's a lot of words to say it just smells of exaggerated bollocks to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
This to me just highlights how presenting really is, to a large degree, a gift. Yes clearly you can practise and improve but I think it is a skill fundamentally you have or don’t (spoiler k don’t think Jm does)
Completely agree with this. Good presenters are always people who can communicate well and who connect well with people. You can hone your skills, learn tips and tricks on how to structure a good presentation or work on your voice delivery, but if you don't have those two fundamental qualities, you will never be good at presenting. And as we keep saying here, there's no shame in that. Just do something else instead.

Also, just catching up on everything from yesterday. I was too busy getting drunk in my friend's garden. It was honestly the greatest day I have had since lockdown. A few friends, sunshine, so much laughter. We all got carried away and drank too much, but just seeing my friends' lovely faces and talking about how weird these past few months have been was incredibly cathartic.

Please note, no one cut each other's hair!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.