Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I need the hug! Just had my sixth month of ‘not pregnant’ today and I’m absolutely having my own little pity party. I’m two days late and felt queasy for days. Didn’t have my regular period cramps - had little short sharp pains. But no. My womb just really likes having a shit fit each month and throwing a itself outside of my body instead.

so sorry to derail - just sitting here blubbing like a dickhead because I feel like I’m a failure.

Maybe I’ll try a depressipe to help - oh no wait - I don’t want to be even more fucking pathetic.
I’m so sorry that today’s that day, it hurts so much but I promise it (whatever it looks like & what ever path it needs to take) will get better. Allow yourself today to be upset and feel your feelings, I always felt a huge sense of loss and shame and guilt over it all and then felt stupid or undeserving to feel that so made myself feel even worse absurdly. It’s shit and I wish I could give you a hug. Do something lovely for yourself today and keep checking in here please ❤ Also I know when you’re in it you can’t see the wood for the trees but I promise you 6 months is very very normal and not to worry, I’m not gonna be the HAVE U TRIED~ dickhead but if you do want a chat slide into my DMs because we had a shit time of it too x

also sending @Begborrowsteal lots of love, remember he’s the dickhead who has to be embarrassed not you. Please let us know how you get on & remember you’ve got a whole wonderful life ahead of you without a lying weirdo xx

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Harrybosch

VIP Member
This to me just highlights how presenting really is, to a large degree, a gift. Yes clearly you can practise and improve but I think it is a skill fundamentally you have or don’t (spoiler k don’t think Jm does)
Completely agree with this. Good presenters are always people who can communicate well and who connect well with people. You can hone your skills, learn tips and tricks on how to structure a good presentation or work on your voice delivery, but if you don't have those two fundamental qualities, you will never be good at presenting. And as we keep saying here, there's no shame in that. Just do something else instead.

Also, just catching up on everything from yesterday. I was too busy getting drunk in my friend's garden. It was honestly the greatest day I have had since lockdown. A few friends, sunshine, so much laughter. We all got carried away and drank too much, but just seeing my friends' lovely faces and talking about how weird these past few months have been was incredibly cathartic.

Please note, no one cut each other's hair!

• Heart
  • Haha

Motherwellgirl

Sorry if I sound harsh here. But if she got a 5 figure sum for the Hellmans gig and very well paid for the daily kitchen gig. Why is she still taking money from her fans? I actually couldn’t believe it when she started selling pictures on twitter. She’s got a decent amount of money salted away clearly. If she ever fell on hard times she would need to do what other people do in these cases. Claim universal credit. If she wants to keep her website going then she should pay for it herself.

There are a few people who have made thousands and more on twitter. Some by pleading poverty. It’s wrong. She’s not poor, nowhere near it. She was poor ten years ago and yes being in poverty leaves you with a feeling that you don’t want to go back there. But it’s not up to her fans to pay her bills.

And the I’ve done loads of stuff for free line doesn’t wash with me either. I know lots of people who have.

It’s absolutely obscene to be paid five figure sums for a few weeks work. More than some people live on in a year (me included) and still expect fans to subsidise you.

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I was reading Adrian Mole - The Cappucino Years last night and came across this passage. He has been asked to appear on Cable TV and is writing to Delia Smith for advice. It doesn't remind me of anyone. No one at all :rolleyes:
IMG_20200613_210742.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
I thought she once said on Twitter she would never use photoshop and her pictures were never ever filtered?

Yet here we are again with some obviously filtered photographs, it’s the lies. Like they come to her like the truth comes to a normal person. Does anyone else believe she is a fantasist and compulsive liar? Can you get treatment for this sort of thing?

• Wow

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Oh no that tweet about Matt 🤦‍♀️
I'm cringing for her so much. Has he ever even once acknowledged her on SM? Even his wife didn't respond.
She keeps trying to imply they have these ongoing bantz and gags that are part of their cheeky little duo act. It is actually a bit painful.

• Haha
  • Wow

NP

VIP Member
I’m excited to see the debacle of deep-fat frying live on Instagram when so far she’s just about managed to make a potato salad and a sandwich.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

Pollypops

She has a bit of a history of putting out these oddly inappropriate “sexy” pics. Who are they for? What is she trying to be? Does she want to be taken seriously as a professional food writer and (ahem) “TV presenter” or not? Do we see any other food bloggers posting this sort of stuff?? It’s completely baffling and even a bit worrying.
I mean IMAGINE if Matt did it, I'd lose all respect for him ;)

• Haha
  • Wow

Oxford_Girl

Chatty Member
I think it is good that she is body confident enough to post these I think it a shame that she probably isn’t posting them from a good place I hope she has someone looking out for her

• Heart

colouredlines

VIP Member
The maddest thing about Jack's vegan(ish)ism is that after curing herself of meat addiction (to be added to the list of ailments?) and banging on about cruelty and abattoirs for a week or two and forcing SB to buy his own sausages...

...she went back to the cheapest, nastiest meat products. She's always eating jarred hot dogs FFS. There was no "veganism's not for me but I have learned to pay attention to provenance", it was "I now eat vegan 90% of the time and grated corned beef the rest!"

(Do we think the 90% veganism falls entirely into the 99.9% of her life lived outside the public eye? I suppose it's the sort of thing a professional food writer would prefer to keep quiet...unlike labia tucking.)

• Haha
  • Heart
@Begborrowsteal everyone else has written it so much better already but just +1 another person offering solidarity and love. You didn’t deserve this & this isn’t a reflection on you, all it shows is his pretty grotty behaviour and moral standing and thank fuck you’re far away from that now. Allow yourself to feel all the hurt and upset right now but remember it will pass! In 6 days, weeks, months, years what parts of the situation will matter to you anymore? Your future (and your children’s future) is so much brighter and exciting without lying deadweight about, it’s hard to imagine now but honestly you have a lot to look forward to ❤❤❤❤

• Heart

Hunty

Chatty Member
Hmmm why choose the grenfell anniversary to announce how many days you have been sober? Why not mention it yesterday? Why not when it was 500 days, why 536? When I quit smoking in 2013 I posted about it at the 3,6,9, and 12 month mark 🤣 as I didn't think I was going to make it that far, then I did a 500 days post, cause I was bloody amazed at myself, 😂 and now I do it yearly but only because it pops up in my Facebook memories and I share that because I'm still bloody surprised to this day that I quit, oops sorry I've only gone and done a jack and made it about me 🤦🏻‍♀️😂, but I just find it really distasteful she posted about it on the grenfell anniversary, she could have waited, but of course it shouldn't surprise me that she makes it all about her, despite the fact that I don't think this year at all she has mentioned how many days sober she has been to my recollection? She has had 166 days of 2020 to bring up how many days sober she has apparently been....why this day??

• Heart
  • Wow

Chocolate girl

I didn’t even know there were words! I saw the pictures and that was it, no words appeared on my radar 😂

But to need a bodyguard the implication is surely you need protection when you’re out (you would surely find someone else to live short term if you thought you were in imminent risk in your home)....and in the whole haircut saga she said she hadn’t been out...🤔

Cant lie I've spent my entire lockdown watching Law and Order reruns on 5 USA,
Having Lenny Briscoe notice me is literally the icing on the cake...❤😂

• Haha
  • Heart