Jack Monroe #26 Jack be bitter, Jack be quick, Jack stop being such a dick.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly this - if you sign up to someone’s Patreon you expect exclusive content at least. I think Jack said she’d send people monthly postcards or something, but what are the odds of her having actually sent these out? (She does seem to have a problem with posting things.)

Reactions: 14
I remember sosmix! My mum used to do a cooked breakfast on Sundays with sosmix patties. There's a blast from the past.

@Saturn it's horrific isn't it, that poor girl.

Reactions: 8
I remember sosmix! My mum used to do a cooked breakfast on Sundays with sosmix patties. There's a blast from the past.
Oh God all aboard the Moglits Emotional Express but the word ‘sosmix’ made me feel strangely weepy! It’s so childlike!

I’m off to bloody bed x

Reactions: 8
Omg Sosmix - I've had a Proustian rush reminding me of the very early days of being with my ex husband. That and Barleycup. And Clothkits.

Reactions: 12
Yes exactly. Admittedly I do pay to a patreon that I don’t get a ‘reward’ for but it’s because I got hours of entertainment for the freely available content produced and I believe in the creator paying his collaborators (it’s an arts/comedy project so during lockdown this was worthwhile to me to be supporting people who had had their income hugely decreased). Maybe for the people paying £4 a month they value what they get in a similar way but I’m confused how!

Reactions: 5
https://giphy.com/3oKIPEhWNVlNOaoSbu
That must have been amazing to get out!!

ETA: @MooBelle I’m not suggesting you’re an old man and that’s why you were shielding!

Reactions: 14
They got sieved, mixed with honey and a sprig of Thyme, then warmed through in the microwave with the Nectarine pieces, then deposited in a scarlet puddle on the Kefir.

Mr Dragon demolished his, which is very unusual for him. But it reminded him of the breakfast I cobbled together after his first night staying here [cough] years ago (first flush of good sex love and all that) - peaches, apple, banana, cherries from the tree out the back, plus some edible flowers and mint leaves, yoghurt. Kept the one night stand coming back, that did.

I bought bacon the next weekend.

Never did really manage to get rid of him after that...

Reactions: 19
I’ve never thought of using kefir in a accompaniment type of way, just as a drink- do you make your own? I’m really tempted but it feels scary like I might poison myself!

Reactions: 2
sounds lovely, Dragon, but I think it may have been missing some plastic rainbows choking hazards n shit

Reactions: 19

she’s not wrong (the pic was the gov pretending to give a shit about grenfell, I muted them hence the unavailable), but why is it always about her. Give it a rest you bellend.

Reactions: 31
Oh, she's off on the Grenfell stuff now.

Don't disagree with anything she said about it - but was the 'I was a fire controller, I worked on the ground, I wrote an article that the newspaper lawyers skewered' stuff necessary, or just trying to gain applause points? The latter, of ccourse.

Reactions: 26
Well you can’t say this wasn’t coming.

Typical Jack, pick a subject, take the side pretty much the whole country agrees with and then add in a few comments about how great she is.

Cue a fucktonne of arse crawling replies about how great she is. Is it the truth she was on the ground during Grenfell? Ex fire control is irrelevant, she’s a dick and a narcissist. One of the traits is turning it all about yourself.

Reactions: 29

I just laughed up a lung.

She got the train up there. Offered to help. Can’t fault that whatsoever but as you say it’s the polishing her halo as she does it.

It reminds me of when she took SB to a memorial for Jo Cox and he stood there looking bewildered, little lamb. Breaking my own rules about mentioning him though.

Reactions: 24
View attachment 154284
I just laughed up a lung.

She got the train up there. Offered to help. Can’t fault that whatsoever but as you say it’s the polishing her halo as she does it.
She could have just missed the middle tweet out. This is the sort of stuff that makes her an attention seeking narcissist. It always comes back to jack and how great Jack is.

Reactions: 20
My god she is insufferable. And what does she mean "I did politics"? She's making it sound like she was in local government or something. Making noise on Twitter and writing a blog about yourself does not count as you 'doing' politics.

Reactions: 35
Must be about the first time she's actually made it clear that she worked as a Fire Control Operator (as Essex Fire & Rescue Service call it on their website - Fire Controller sounds much more senior and 'on the ground' to me, coming from a military perspective) rather than hinting at more "in the Fire Service".

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.