Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
The cheese is inside, the thing is she said 2slices of cheese which would be literally impossible to fit in a small nugget, loads of people do this with burgers already it’s not even a new idea, I really get the feeling her fans don’t watch any other cooking shows/ read cookery books and give way too much credit to her
We do it - using decent mince and real cheese. All you do is mush up the seasoned mince with your hands so it's malleable - you don't need to add a million binding agents, onion chunks or a Bernard Matthews Kiev-style coating as long as you actually put your clean hands to use - make meatball sized pieces, flatten them out in your palm, put a couple of bits of good cheese - anything that is a texture like Brie upwards, blue being the best - into the cup shape, then press a second flattened meatball on top and spend some time pinching and firming the burger back up. Then stick them in a pan on a gentle heat so they cook through, allow to rest and they're done. No breadcrumbs, plastic cheese, no egg, no deep fat frying, just meat (10% fat is plenty, you can use any meat mince you like), seasonings and a couple of ounces of cheese.

If people are poor, they need to get the best nutrition possible for the money and, from experience, use the fewest ingredients to get it - an unnecessary egg means one less breakfast, a burned topping or coating of breadcrumbs and plastic cheese means money wasted for zero nutrition. And the cost of deepfrying means half a bottle of oil wasted (plus the fire hazard).

The best thing somebody can do for their health when they're skint is to buy the largest bag of potatoes they can, a bag of onions, some fat/oil, some flour (plus a raising agent or two if you can't be doing with sourdough starters), seasonings/spices/herbs and some broad spectrum multivitamins. And good teabags. Anything else is a bonus and should be bought with consideration to flavour, nutrition and appearance as well as having at least five different ideas of how to use it. After those essentials, I reckon that the next things on the list should be pasta/rice, tomato puree, eggs/tinned chickpeas (as dried ones use a lot of electricity or gas to prepare) and a bag of carrots and a large, dark green cabbage or frozen peas, cheese and full fat milk if you do dairy.

That'll give thousands of combinations, no need for fancy equipment, and it will feel a lot less depressing than rinsing a tin of beans or risking a chip pan fire for oily little meatballs that cost way too much and few people will like.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I keep thinking about this... View attachment 153739
and something about it makes me feel uncomfortable in a power/control kind of way 😕 Wanting someone to be dependant on you for food 🤔 I don't know, I'm thinking aloud here but something about it seems wrong.
I agree it is very, very odd. It rings codependency / low self esteem alarm bells, you should want your partner to willingly be with you because they love you, not because they can’t eat without you?!

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
With alcohol, at my worst, I was drinking up to 3 bottles of wine a night. I shudder looking back at that. Though that would last a couple of weeks before id give my head a wobble and stay off it.. then go back. And repeat 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
Remember when the sadness does come, you’re not mourning/missing him, you’re mourning the person you believed he was. That person only exists in the same way that 30-odd definitely posted shitty cookbooks existed. In fact, that makes him a cockbook. Full of empty promises and slop x
Thats entirely the sadness Im getting glimpses of. That he isnt who I thought he was. A decade together and two small kids, risked for a cheap thrill.

Be tough lovely 😊
Be strong.
You deserve to not live a life always wondering if he’s with you cos he wants to be. How do you feel about him now? If you stay together will be calm and content in your life together ? It’s sooooo sooooo difficult. Much love to you 💓
I wish it was easy to cut and go. Im really torn with head & heart. He has a lot of issues he has ignored since being a teen, and he sporadically hits the self destruct button. I dont want to be the emotional punchbag though! Im eager to hear what he says. What shite he comes out with!

• Heart
  • Sad

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
Cheeseburger nuggets sounds like one of those horrible sponsored Tasty/Buzzfeed recipe videos you see when you scroll through instagram. JACK, YOU ARE NOT A GOOD COOK AND YOU DO NOT DESERVE THE AMAZING OPPORTUNITY THAT HAS BEEN GIVEN TO YOU.

I'm hungover and particularly not 'here for it' with Jack today

• Haha
  • Heart
Oh I've got such second hand embarrassment from those photos. I'm all for wearing what you like and being proud of who you are but the main thing that stands out in those photos is that she looks desperately unhappy. There's no joy in her eyes.

• Sad

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
She looks like she has jaundice?

These thirst traps are obviously aimed at someone, probably the ex Mrs J in a ‘look how ill you’ve made me’ sort of way.

The thing is, she doesn’t have a USP or brand anymore. It changes every two minutes, what other cookbook author have you seen that posts thirst traps for attention? They post new recipes, they get out in the community, they go to foodbank initiatives. But as usual it’s all Jack Jack Jack

#JackLivesMatter

• Wow

Lalla

VIP Member
Down the line, if he is reading the cheater playbook, he may try to pin the blame on you, or something your relationship, as a ‘reason’ for his cheating. KNOW that this is bullshit, know that this is his real shitty character ‘shining’ through. This is who he is. That saying I think from Maya Angelou: ‘when someone shows you who they are, believe them’.
This with bloody bells on. Mine told me it was at least equally my fault. I honestly don't think even now he feels that bad about it. The stuff that came out was awful - multiple women, threesomes, even sex clubs 🤤😢 At the time I wanted not to know but in some ways it's better to know the whole sordid truth rather than torture yourself wondering what you don't know...
@Begborrowsteal I'm sorry this is happening, I know how shocking and painful it can be. Thinking of you ❤

• Heart
  • Sad

FreeSquirrels

So she drank too much because she worked in professional kitchens? When was that? I thought she wasn’t trained & had never worked in a kitchen?

• Haha
  • Wow

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
My god she is insufferable. And what does she mean "I did politics"? She's making it sound like she was in local government or something. Making noise on Twitter and writing a blog about yourself does not count as you 'doing' politics.
She went to FUCKING REDCAR!!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart

Tabitha D

VIP Member
She has a bit of a history of putting out these oddly inappropriate “sexy” pics. Who are they for? What is she trying to be? Does she want to be taken seriously as a professional food writer and (ahem) “TV presenter” or not? Do we see any other food bloggers posting this sort of stuff?? It’s completely baffling and even a bit worrying.

• Haha
  • Sad

NorthernSoul

...the cheating was much worse than I thought. Im devastated. Absolutely devastated. 💔
Sending you virtual hugs and strength. This is shame on him, not you. He’s the shit bag and thank god you have found out now. I can feel how painful this is, but you don’t have to waste anymore of your life with this cretin who doesn’t deserve you. This will make you stronger and be proud that you confronted this and didn’t just turn a blind eye.That shows real courage. Be kind to yourself, and I know it’s hard to believe at the minute, but you will be happy again and be with someone who deserves you and who will show you respect. I hope you have a support network who you can talk to and gain strength from. Keep checking in here, there’s lots of listening ears 💕💕

• Heart