Jack Monroe #253 What a tiny little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wait until Jack get's a sniff of the Levelling Up cash. Her lil smol pixie hands will be grabbing a shiny new Moleskin notebook and writing in Big writing and Big maths with a new pen. Grimsby you have been warned, the Pov Qween of Hearts will be up there before you can say prunes.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Sainsbury's
Oxfam
Hellmans
Linda McCartney
Trussell Trust
...nope, can't think of any off the top of my head.
Mel donte? Where is she with them now?
Her serves 0 campaign was one of my most favourite things ever, along with telling that other bargain cooking guy that he was getting all up in her niche.
Also 'youre stressing me out mate' to Eamon Holmes 🤣
Faux veganism Linda McCartney vigs was funny too, not least because of their righteous indignation but was also a clear illustration of her less funny and more calculating traits.

if only she'd limit her chaoses to catastrophic yet hilarious failures rather than dragging busy charities into her quagmire.
She'd be 'better' if she accepted her idiocy and played up to it in a frank Spencer / sue Pollard way (showing my age here) rather than wrecking reputations trying to become an avenging working class hero with middle class accessories.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I know nothing about this because I hate camping, but are camping gas canisters actually cheaper than using a stove top? I understand prepping if there’s a risk of the power going off, but the problem is the price of fuel not actual lack of it so how does hoarding canisters help with that?

Reactions: 31
What happened with Oxfam?
Oh, mate. Where to start? Jack went to Tanzania and compared herself to starving single mothers there.
It's beyond sickening. Google is your friend but it was covered in the early threads.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
The Dead Mans Cant sounds like a poem 😂

We are the dead of povend
and we don’t got no bread
but luckily we got a friend
jack, the thick head

terrible effort but my brain is tired because MUMMY WORKS

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Calm down, lads. Jack is buying wholesale gas cylinders.
A woman who can't drive and has to walk to Asda with a backpack and cane is lugging bleeping 30kg cannisters to her home. In bulk.
It won't be a proper has stove, it will be the one she had in her shed during the Hellmans et Al fiasco.

We have one of those camping gas stoves, they are the most uneconomical way to cook, the canisters don't last very long and you have to be careful to make sure they're seated properly otherwise they don't seal properly and they leak!

The big cylinders for our pizza oven (same as jacks. Fancy! But unlike hers I worked overtime for it) and our cadac gas grill get delivered or we pick them up. I can't imagine walking a gas cylinder home as A. It's not safe, and b. They're heavy.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
It occurs to me that if she'd taken her time and thought this through Jack could have trousered a fair wack of cash for herself, raised some funds for the Trussell Trust and had all that lovely smoke blown up her arse. If she'd just set up a for profit boo hiss Tories tat shop on Teemill all her stupid squig twats would have bought her Boris is a poo poo head T-shirts on an all profits to Jack basis. The squigs seem to think giving Jack money helps the poor so they'd have been up for it. Meanwhile she could have sat down with the TT and agreed a design for a special fundraising T shirt/Tote etc, which again the squigs would all have bought. Teemill is almost the perfect Jack business, a little effort on slogans at the start, then set it and forget it, bar the odd reminder on her socials. Instead she's made a colossal arse of herself and pissed off the Trussell Trust.
That's the things with all of her undertakings though, If she'd spend some actual time and commitment to it, she could have set up loads of stuff. She lacks disciple.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.