Jack Monroe #253 What a tiny little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Over on Insta, this is the squigg responding to the TT member of staff who told Jack the t-shirts were a great idea...

View attachment 1037060

I get the feeling that the senior members of staff at TT are furious with the kids of the company running amok on social media
oooh this makes me cringe 😬

I hope that squig doesn’t get in trouble. It was a misguided comment but still. They shouldn’t have done it but I’d hate to think someone could lose their job.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
This is *literally* the George Costanza - human fund storyline isn't it?

"The Human Fund" is a fake charity used by George Costanza. After getting a similar gift from his friend Tim Whatley, George gave out cards to his co-workers stating that a donation had been made to a charity called "The Human Fund", with the slogan, "Money For People."

George: Hey, check this out. I gotta give out Christmas presents to everyone down at Kruger, so I'm pulling a Whatley. (Gives a Christmas card to Jerry)
Jerry: (Reading it) "A donation has been made in your name to the Human Fund." - What is that?
George: (With pride) Made it up.
Jerry: (Continuing reading) "The Human Fund. Money for people."
George: What do you think?
Jerry: It has a certain understated stupidity.

It was such a good scam Mr. Kruger, George's boss, gave him a company check for $20,000 made out to "The Human Fund." Later, after the accounting department informed Kruger that "The Human Fund" didn't exist, he accused George of misleading him. George claimed he had made up the charity because his family celebrated Festivus, which created a chain of events that caused George to invite Kruger to his father's Festivus celebration.

From The Human Fund | Festivusweb.com | Seinfeld Festivus
seinfeld-truth.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Grunking so hopefully this won't land in a wildly inappropriate place but meanwhile in Asda they're trying to make Fetch happen.
Screenshot_20220203-134354.jpg

Edit: just catching up. Holy guacamole.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Of all the reasons I dislike Jack, her blatant and frequent disregard for The Samaritans guidelines is the reason I most dislike her.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
I think I’ve said this before but the three days one is the most concerning imo.

She hasn’t made it clear how much 3 days’ worth of food costs, who verified that figure (cause if Jack’s costings and portions are anything to go by, it’s more that she thinks) and that there is enough profit margin in each of those items to cover that cost?

If we take Jack’s 20% margin tweet as true, she’s saying that you can feed a person on £3.20 or £4.80 for three days, depending if you buy a £16 tote or £24 tee.
Not denying anyone food or money but 45 pounds is most of my weekly big shop. I spend about 10 pounds more than this. This is not 3 days food but more a week/ give or take the odd bread loaf and or milk etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I just can’t understand how she can’t see the issue with writing a (terrible) poem about unimaginable (TRUE) things that have happened to people in genuine poverty, then asking her followers to donate to her SO SHE CAN BUY COFFEE?!? Honestly baffling. I feel for the TT - they didn’t ask for this and jack’s chaos is costing them both resource-wise and probably reputationally, it’s awful. meanwhile the manic pixie of Southend is softly, gently lining her pockets. I am so angry!!

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Over on Insta, this is the squigg responding to the TT member of staff who told Jack the t-shirts were a great idea...

View attachment 1037060

I get the feeling that the senior members of staff at TT are furious with the kids of the company running amok on social media
Social media should be done responsibly by corporates but they get kids in and pay them a pittance and they use their own thoughts and feelings rather than the companies. It happens a lot on Twitter especially.

Reactions: 38
Totes are out of stock (cheapest item). Black Riot tote still in stock. All clothing still in stock.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
I know we are in the middle of a chaos but £6 for scented balls of tit to go in the washing machine?

Really?

#sendmetooneofJupitersmoonsplease

• Haha
Reactions: 46
🤔 5 mins ago she was at the supermarket, then she was signposting TT “this is important”. Well no tit Sherlock, you’ve finally figured out how to quote tweet the work of others 👏

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.