Jack Monroe #253 What a tiny little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow she's taken down all the merch with the 'dead people cant riot' slogan. It's still there in the main background though.

Screenshot 2022-02-03 at 13.05.07.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Oh, Squig! Ingenious! Shame you can’t put that brain to good use, and realise you are being sucked into Jack’s vortex of bullshit 🤦‍♀️
No offense but her poem loses momentum towards the end. It's no W.B Yeats anyway.

If I was studying that at GCSE and we actually did study Victorian slum poems. I would definitely be writing the author seems to go off on a tangent that doesn't seem to fit at the end of the poem. It starts of rhyming and veers off to some random assortment of trigger words.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
It doesn’t say which charities though? This can’t be legal. Where is the transparency?
Quite. Emergency food aid and 'support'. That really is open to interpretation isn't it? How is she allowed to be so unspecific when asking for money?

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 42
Doesn't the term food aid have quite a specific meaning? Please can some of the Patreon money go towards a dictionary?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
This person is so desperate for a t shirt they will buy a separate badge to go with it to correct Jack’s spelling mistake? Am I reading that right?

Also if it’s a ‘design choice’ (it’s not) why change it? BRAND CONSISTENCY!
I didn't know apostrophe's were an option. I'm going to write a strongly worded letter to my primary school teacher, I hope she's not DEAD

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Catching up but I’ve just read the ‘poetry’ and I can’t even laugh at Adrian Mole Jack anymore. Writing (poorly) about such horrible things that we all know she has never experienced or come close to but she’s so high on it. You can feel the elation. She’s an emotional vampire and a ghoul and the fact that she’s using the misery and suffering of other people to grift puts her right up there with those Conservative policy makers she reckons are intentionally starving people. Christ I actually loathe her.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
Why do the squigs always have to do her work for her? She asks them for food bank recommendations like she asks them what’s their fave discontinued sweet from the 80s (#1978truther.) Surely such a dogged, relentless, forensic campaigner of a decade would be quite au fait with lists of foodbanks and food charities?

Very separately, why is she obsessed with the numbers 3 and 4? The food hike was 344%, she had £34 in her bank, £3.14 in the “poem” (ghoul piece) she’ll be 34 pretend years old on her birthday…there’s some sort of numerology here, I’m offering these as The Lying Numbers.

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.