Jack Monroe #253 What a tiny little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rarely comment on this thread but this merch thing is really grim. That slogan is gross. I understand her use of it but any slogan that is open to multiple meanings is as near as useless as it can be co-opted and offend.

And why won't she enlighten everyone as to the macro philanthropy thing?

As for that poem. To me it's vile to use that much detail about real people's experiences and present them in rhyming verse. I've lost two family members to suicide] and there is so much sensitivity about reporting of methods but also lots of families feel very strongly about even basic reporting of the deaths in the first place and would prefer that any information is withheld, but don't have a choice because of inquests and the like. Imagine coming across that poem as one of those people's family members. I feel like the style shows she doesn't have the first clue about the trauma involved in any of those experiences. If you had worked in this area as intimately and for the time that she claims she has, you would never write something like this and share it. There are so many better ways to get the point across.

Astonishing how she's presenting all this 'work' as evidence of how sober and organised and in control and supported she is and can't see how it looks like another manic episode she needs to back down from.

Most campaigners and activists work in their spare time and don't get paid for it. Else they work for an organisation which focuses on this kind of work in a structured, organised, collaborative and transparent way. That she's begging for cash for fannying about like this is grim. She's not special. Why not go and find a campaigning organisation to work for? Not enough opportunity for self promotion then I guess.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 87
I wish she’d realise her speshul talent for activism and campaigning is just “moaning and overwrought complaining on Twitter” in fact I should stop posting all this content for free, didn’t realise I could monetise being a curmudgeon but here we are.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Seriously, stop with the sympathy sucking it's all too hard for lickle me, bullies are being mean etc.
You thought about this for 2 shiny seconds, clocked the halo polishing potential, scrawled your name all over it and poof! ... job done, that'll do.

Reactions: 39
It’s in my diary though...
Problem is, it won’t be in the diary of the people who threw money at her. I have no sympathy for them, especially not the ones who were so cruel to the person who said they couldn’t afford one, but they will all forget and she can grift again.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
She'll never, ever take responsibility for her own duck-ups. It's all the fault of the people pointing them out.

Screenshot 2022-02-03 at 12.49.05.png

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 76
Yessss it's so weird she's complaining about not having bodyguards??
It's to further implant the idea that she's open to abuse/death threats/stalkers (all in her DMs of course) and doesn't have protection. Poor brave little selfless Jack, putting herself in the line of fire for everyone else🙄.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
She'll never, ever take responsibility for her own duck-ups. It's all the fault of the people pointing them out.

View attachment 1036962
Nefarious like perfectly polite people warning you you’ll get in trouble?? Jeez. I really wanted to message the squig to ask why she deleted but I don’t think she’d remember me/think I was a right stalky weirdo also rules abiding 😂🤣
PS she will have to publish all donations tho or she could well get in hot water

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Rarely comment on this thread but this merch thing is really grim. That slogan is gross. I understand her use of it but any slogan that is open to multiple meanings is as near as useless as it can be co-opted and offend.

And why won't she enlighten everyone as to the macro philanthropy thing?

As for that poem. To me it's vile to use that much detail about real people's experiences and present them in rhyming verse. I've lost two family members to suicide] and there is so much sensitivity about reporting of methods but also lots of families feel very strongly about even basic reporting of the deaths in the first place and would prefer that any information is withheld, but don't have a choice because of inquests and the like. Imagine coming across that poem as one of those people's family members. I feel like the style shows she doesn't have the first clue about the trauma involved in any of those experiences. If you had worked in this area as intimately and for the time that she claims she has, you would never write something like this and share it. There are so many better ways to get the point across.

Astonishing how she's presenting all this 'work' as evidence of how sober and organised and in control and supported she is and can't see how it looks like another manic episode she needs to back down from.

Most campaigners and activists work in their spare time and don't get paid for it. Else they work for an organisation which focuses on this kind of work in a structured, organised, collaborative and transparent way. That she's begging for cash for fannying about like this is grim. She's not special. Why not go and find a campaigning organisation to work for? Not enough opportunity for self promotion then I guess.
I am friendly with a lady who works along side a charity she has a long commute to get to head office and it is long days, she does get paid as it's a big corporation but she lives her life quite simply due to the nature of her work.

Reactions: 20

View attachment 1036962
Difficult to...print crappy slogans on shirts? Change where people’s donations are going? Use dead people’s stories as poetry fodder? Drop a paypal link for all your ‘hard work’ doing the above?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
No not yet as she’s still advertising that the money goes to them on the shop. It’s the reason why I don’t think this is quite up there with past chaoses - you really need TT to tell her to take the whole thing down before the chaos cycle is complete 🥴
Well that's just ruined my mojo.. fingers crossed that TT cik her soon ( taps feet )

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.