Jack Monroe #251 There isn’t a big enough salary in the world

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love the fact she refuses to be told her stupid macro philosophy point is wrong and so she remains

WRONG wrong wrong

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
This slogan is so incredibly distasteful, like I'm finding it genuinely upsetting that she not only went ahead with it but is getting support for it as well? As if it isn't horrific?

I've been reading these threads for a while, came across them completely by accident after googling an influencer and tattle popping up. I'd been following Jack on socials for a while before that. I don't know exactly how long but I wasn't someone who was a "fan" from the start. I was pretty young when she first got media attention and she left a bad taste in my mouth then, her agenda of "you can eat well on tupenny guv'ner" was horrific to me in its dishonesty and the rhetoric it supported.

Then years later she popped up again, she was claiming to have severe arthritis at a young age. I also have severe arthritis at a young age. I'm also a single mother who had my child at a relatively young age (and at this point I thought she was in a similar situation, raising SB completely alone) and have had to make some painful sacrifices to make sure my kid would be alright financially. I thought I'd just misjudged her before.

What I'm saying is that I was following her due to a particularly emotive set of connections and if I'd seen this shirt, this slogan pop up in the wild on my feeds (which it would have had I not found these threads) it would have really fucked with my head.

And I'm really glad that instead I'm seeing it in the context of you horrible ninnies with your humour and understanding.

• Heart
Reactions: 101
This slogan is so incredibly distasteful, like I'm finding it genuinely upsetting that she not only went ahead with it but is getting support for it as well? As if it isn't horrific?

I've been reading these threads for a while, came across them completely by accident after googling an influencer and tattle popping up. I'd been following Jack on socials for a while before that. I don't know exactly how long but I wasn't someone who was a "fan" from the start. I was pretty young when she first got media attention and she left a bad taste in my mouth then, her agenda of "you can eat well on tupenny guv'ner" was horrific to me in its dishonesty and the rhetoric it supported.

Then years later she popped up again, she was claiming to have severe arthritis at a young age. I also have severe arthritis at a young age. I'm also a single mother who had my child at a relatively young age (and at this point I thought she was in a similar situation, raising SB completely alone) and have had to make some painful sacrifices to make sure my kid would be alright financially. I thought I'd just misjudged her before.

What I'm saying is that I was following her due to a particularly emotive set of connections and if I'd seen this shirt, this slogan pop up in the wild on my feeds (which it would have had I not found these threads) it would have really fucked with my head.

And I'm really glad that instead I'm seeing it in the context of you horrible ninnies with your humour and understanding.
Welcome 🙏 (I don’t know why my phone went for Russell Brands then but going with it)
She is so harmful for people who empathise with her lies because it is lived reality for many people (just not her) and she doesn’t have a clue.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Oh my God, she's doubling down on the macro!

It doesn't make any sense. Macro = wide/large-scale. Is she trying to say the large-scale philanthropy of people's neighbours? That's still micro in comparision to the macro-est of macro, the bleeping British state.

Jack Macro and her bleeping macaron economics will end me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
I’ve only just thought properly about the biscuits. M&S don’t do lemon shortbread.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
This is all so tasteless. Honestly. I am so ashamed to live during this time when people like her are literally causing a potential riot Situation. All these people want is a comfortable quiet life, they don't need more drama in the name of it.

I am someone she would represent ( apart from needing a foodbank) but she doesn't represent me. I would honestly refuse to go to a trussel trust while she's there. I am that petty! I would walk to the next country to avoid anything to do with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Wondering if I will get to see any of this merch being worn\carried in Belfast. I fear if I do I will be doubled over laughing

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I’m still trying to work out what it means

Is it that this govt - aided by Asda - will see would be rioters dead through raising the price of pasta?

Or that we feed people so then they are not dead so they can riot? To achieve… ?!

It still sounds like a very very badly timed reference when we’ve just had Holocaust Memorial Day and the anniversary of Bloody Sunday and in Myanmar rebellion against the junta is turning into civil war.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I have to admit today has been hilarious. Jack is such an absolute bleeping prune. Those far right merch T shirts are so offensive - I can't 😂
And why isn't she working on her index? It is only 10 days until official release date.
Charity merch with your own name on. Unbelievable.
Hopefully Nigella is at home rocking backwards and forwards muttering 'what have I done'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.