Jack Monroe #250 Jack Monroe’s Patreon is a scam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So all these new patrons are going to make two payments in the space of a week; see they can’t tweet her; finally look on her Patreon site to find out what’s going on; realise it’s not had any input for a year…

I can’t wait!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I’m very confused by this current campaign’s origin story.

The ingredients for the broccoli pasta can’t have been that old, so how come she had to go online to research the prices. Paraphrasing Jack, she has 10 years of receipts and apparently her autistic super power is constant recall of food prices since the year dot.

I know. I know. Just saying.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Before Nigella's patreon tweet, it's likely Jack's patreons/contributors would have been more skewed towards the lower income levels leaving Jack vulnerable to being called out for taking from those least able to afford to contribute.

Nigella's tweet will have drastically changed the demographics contributing to Jack's patreon and so weakens any possible *exposé on Jack's grifting.

*Just my thoughts. Still no idea why Nigella would get involved.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
I’m very confused by this current campaign’s origin story.

The ingredients for the broccoli pasta can’t have been that old, so how come she had to go online to research the prices. Paraphrasing Jack, she has 10 years of receipts and apparently her autistic super power is constant recall of food prices since the year dot.

I know. I know. Just saying.

Jaaaaaackmate. Asda growers own broccoli 360g was 50p last March and is still 50p as of today. I checked my receipts.

Just to get you started.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I bought some broccoli from Asda a couple of weeks ago and it was 29p. I was shocked at how cheap it was for two heads.

• Sad
Reactions: 32
Do you think Jack's meeting with Asda is actually Jackspeak for her first online grocery delivery arriving later?

(I know she's no problem with other online shopping).

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I can't believe she's retweeting that 'it'll take me 10 hours and £163 to buy some 29p pasta' as though it's an excellent point she's proud of making. Witness the thickness.
Come on thread title

BIB thread title nomination

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.