Jack Monroe #250 Jack Monroe’s Patreon is a scam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does she never show any of the death threats etc? Just...pop a little screenshot of them on her Twitter?

Oh wait , I know why. Cos they don't exist

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
Welllll, I've (very briefly) searched her name, her twitter handle and the specific nasty thing she claims is being tweeted to her. Zilch abuse. Nada. Nothing. Just loads of sheep-like squggles asking her who told her to [same nasty instruction] from back in Summer 2020, and again in 2018. #cyclical #howodd

Interesting, huh?

ETA: searched other colloquial phrases for same gross thing claimed. Nothing aimed at Jack, in fact, one squiggle telling a dissenter to 'collquial phrase'.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
That retweet. Shameless. Gross. It's never enough, is it? You nasty nasty piece of work.
She honestly thinks she deserves it, no joke. I mean, she does work 90 hour weeks or whatever it was(!). No one does as much for "the poors" as Jack does, no one works as hard as Jack(!)

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
If you look back through her archives, there was a time when Richard Littlejohn and other Daily Mail journalists were regularly talking about her. And she would, without fail, write at least one lengthy blog post about every negative article, sometimes threatening legal action. She once even got a Guardian article out of it.

As an aside, that shows how monumentally thick Jack is - kicking up a fuss over a Mail article ensures more people will go and read it, and in turn the Mail will publish more about her, because it works.

Anyway, that was back when Jack was having her moment of glory. Whenever she talks about trolls, most squiggles still picture Littlejohn, Katie Hopkins, and an angry far-right mob shouting, "But if she's a lesbian how did she get pregnant?!" Plus, if Jack gets any criticism along these lines, she tends to share it (like the totally not made up Peter this time last year).

It serves her purposes very well to paint her detractors as far-right bigots, rather than people who keep tapping the numbers into their wooden calculators and finding that nothing adds up.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Those four recipes or whatever it was from last year must have been haute cuisine masterpieces at 90
hours a week. Yes sirree, I’d deffo want a last meal to be a Monroe masterpiece!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
For the love of LJC Jack the Rinser of beans and other peoples money stop it with all the bloody lies!!! Lies, LIES, BLOODY LIES!!!!!! I will no longer be using any of Nigella's recipes (I know she won't be aware of this but still).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Silly old ASDA would have done far better to ignore Jack ather than getting in touch. On a weekend.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I’m SO done with her using this triggering and hyperbolic language just for sympathy and to shock. Itβ€˜s upsetting and distressing to see things like that written down in black and white, and in Jack’s case, there is no need for it, since it didn’t happen.

I swear I try and be empathetic, and see the good in people, but I’ve got to the point where I think Jack is either too ignorant or too self-centred to think about the impact her words can have.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I often think what Jackie would have been like pre internet.
The concept of being some form of local gobshite springs to mind.πŸ‘Ί
πŸ’©
My bet was always on holiday club money treasurer, obviously a chaos or severe illness would follow around the time everyone was due to get their lump sum.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.