Jack Monroe #25 Worst paid advance, posing in her pants, at least Hellmans gave this 10 yr newbie a chance.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Think I've found what I'm making soon, as the tatty supermarket basil is now three massive bushes of the stuff (and I'm growing beans and courgettes).

Even my stopped-at-age-14-because-we-couldn't-afford-the-compulsory-exchange-trip French can work it out.

Red beans, white beans (so a tin of beans), green beans, courgette, carrots, tomatoes, onion, potatoes, pasta shells - cooked in water, then add chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a paste and then chuck in grated cheese.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Think I've found what I'm making soon, as the tatty supermarket basil is now three massive bushes of the stuff (and I'm growing beans and courgettes).

Even my stopped-at-age-14-because-we-couldn't-afford-the-compulsory-exchange-trip French can work it out.

Red beans, white beans (so a tin of beans), green beans, courgette, carrots, tomatoes, onion, potatoes, pasta shells - cooked in water, then add chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a paste and then chuck in grated cheese.
I’m imagining the horror on a chic Frenchman’s face as you casually set about rinsing a tin of beans

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Just GrunkaLunkered my way through 20 pages, didn’t watch the live, glad I didn’t... raw tofu sandwiches? đŸ€ą

Also have no idea how she has such low viewing figures for 135k followers and a big brand sponsoring her. I’ve seen Instagram lives by users with less than 10k followers but a similar amount of viewers
Imagine when we’re all in the dock and the Judge is about to rule (not guilty, obv) when he pops his posh half glasses on his nose and shuffles ream after ream of Jack’s poor printer paper and says he’s finally ‘grunkalunkered’ through them.

The judge.........has a tattle account.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I’m still catching up on all the Hellman’s weekly car crash posts. But, I just wanted to interject that my tried and trusted coleslaw recipe has mustard seeds in it and they are the bomb

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Imagine when we’re all in the dock and the Judge is about to rule (not guilty, obv) when he pops his posh half glasses on his nose and shuffles ream after ream of Jack’s poor printer paper and says he’s finally ‘grunkalunkered’ through them.

The judge.........has a tattle account.

Lord Justice Hausfrau

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
This is going to sound ridiculous as you are all such food experts, however as I sit here eating Morrison’s garlic mushrooms with coleslaw can someone give me some inspiration?

I can’t eat spicy food. At all. Even southern fried potato wedges make my mouth on fire! I need some inspiration for some sort of rice/pasta dish that isn’t the usual carbonara/bolognaise for when I go back to work (seeing as though the canteen will be closed). And one that can be reheated or eaten cold. Only meat I don’t like is lamb, and I’m more than happy to try new stuff as I have a really beige pallet, so if anyone has any easy to make recipes for someone totally adverse to spice like me, please let me know!
Mmm pasta. One of my go-tos is a really simple tomato and garlic sauce.

- Sweat some onion until translucent
- Add some chopped garlic
- Let then cook for about 10 minutes on a low to medium heat
- I can’t believe I’m saying this but grate a handful of mushrooms
- Add some herbs - oregano is my fave, but other earthy herbs like thyme work well
- add some tinned tomatoes - Lidl do brilliant cherry ones
- add salt and pepper to taste
- add a splodge of tomato purée to make it a little more rich
- simmer until reduced down and nice and thick
- mix with your favourite pasta - I like shells because I am five, but penne goes well too
- top with (fancy) fresh basil and pepper to taste

• Heart
Reactions: 13

- Add some herbs - oregano is my fave, but other earthy herbs like thyme work well
- mix with your favourite pasta - I like shells because I am five, but penne goes well too
Ok that’s lunch tomorrow then as I’m WFH 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 3
For new fans of Andi, @Nonnymouse posted a very joyful IG video of her cooking with her daughter which shows how you can film, cook and interact in a lovely way. I don't know how to transfer posts from threads but it is on thread #24, page 18.

Reactions: 10

No, I'm sorry this is completely wrong. You bung the onions in a cold pan, and then grate the mushrooms in. Call yourself a cook??? Ⓜ

• Haha
Reactions: 26
No, I'm sorry this is completely wrong. You bung the onions in a cold pan, and then grate the mushrooms in. Call yourself a cook??? Ⓜ
SOZ. Ignore said advice; heap it all into cold oil and hope for the best lads

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Is part of Jack's problem the fact she proudly announced on DKL that she has never watched a cookery programme? Therefore she doesn't know what is normal. Eg standing with your back to the camera, going silent and not explaining what you are doing, wandering off- does she think this is the norm?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
@Flumps will you please run a cookery course? I would travel to wherever you are in the country. I’m one of those people who’s quite a nervous cook — I don’t instinctively know what goes well together etc, but reading your recipes and suggestions is always just so calming. You make it all sound so gentle and achievable.
Aww. Thank you. That's one of the loveliest things that anyone's ever said to me. I do think cooking can be a calm and mindful thing to do, and, possibly more relevantly for the calm part, have been doing it a long, long time (and practicing for my never-to-exist cookery show for nearly as long) x

• Heart
Reactions: 20
It’s a big ask for someone like Jack who is as unprofessional as they come. I can’t work out if Hellmanns are just putting a plaster over the show and making the best of a bad situation with the cue cards and hardly promoting it because they know how bad it is.

But my brain just doesn’t understand how Jack can believe that show was in any way professional or good.
I think JM believes it was a good “show” because she has such an inflated opinion of herself and because of her sycophantic followers. A case of the Emperors New Clothes.

Totally smashing down some marmite and cheese crackers right now... 😋
Enjoy while you can.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Omg. I've had a busy day, come back to this thread and I'm on 18 out of 48. This is grunka lunka lite. I'm ready. See you on the other side guys!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I feel sorry for the person that had to make her cue cards for such basic stuff. After 8 years of working 20 hours every single day on food you'd think she'd be able to chat for 10 minutes to someone about sandwiches.

"What's your favourite ever sandwich?" Won't someone think of the printer ink!?

View attachment 151814

She only seems not too bad if you ignore her and concentrate on the guest. Could be replaced with a nodding dog.
"how do you turbo charge your sandwich? What's your flavour bang to sling in there?"đŸ€źđŸ€źđŸ€ź

Reminds me of Alan partridge đŸ€Ł

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.