Jack Monroe #25 Worst paid advance, posing in her pants, at least Hellmans gave this 10 yr newbie a chance.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The only thing I know about Andi Oliver is that she was on a really fascinating bbc 3 programme a few years ago when she was trying to lose weight.

She did as well. And she’s besties with Neneh Cherry.

Buffalo stance. Showing my age now.

Back in the days when I went clubbing and my days weren’t spent in the gym (before lockdown) and my nights weren’t spent drinking gin :)

My mum said to me the other week when you move house you should see if the council will put tonic water through your taps.

Once lockdown ends. More gym. Less gin.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
That's so sweet! I think that kids naturally bond with animals unless they're discouraged from doing so. I used to eat Winalot biscuits at my Auntie & Uncle's house when I was little. By choice, I should add.

Some happy news over here, Tattlers: I've just signed all the paperwork for my house purchase. All that's left to do now is wait for a completion date to be agreed. I'm reeling a little - I've been in my first house for 14 years and it took a huge mental effort to decide to move on - but I'm feeling good!
Yasssss! I love good news, chuffed for you @PennyLoafer (about the house, not the dog biscuits 😉)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I found this one.

1. It may well be because I’m from the North-East and I grew up in a mining family, however I’ve never known of anyone I know use olive oil for everyday cooking. She’s talking like it’s used for frying bacon and everything?
2. Peanut Butter instead of Tahini? I don’t like hummus or nuts, so it’s not for me. But this just doesn’t sound right. Happy for someone to educate me otherwise though.
3. Basic long grain rice instead of proper risotto rice. We’ve has this conversation many times!
4. Carrots instead of sweet potato. No, just no Jack. Because they are both chunky and root vegetables they’re interchangeable apparently.

If anyone wants to know where the background to ‘yes, absolutely!’ for substitutes came from, it’s definitely this video. It’s like she’s looked for things that are 10% similar as substitutes to save 30p. Rank AF.
It screams of a lack of cookery knowledge.
If I can't find tahini I will use peanut butter, the cheap oily stuff is fine. It gives a slightly different taste (not as sweet) but it is totally acceptable. Jamie Oliver says it's ok.

I think Olive oill for frying is a bit controversial, but don't most people grill bacon (vegetarian so never really thought about it)

I hate risotto because being vegetarian people try to make you eat mushroom risotto.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Where are the freaking leftovers?? Someone please tell me? I haven't watched a single episode but I get the impression no leftovers have been used ever WHY IS IT CALLED LEFTOVER LARDER? 🤦🏻‍♀️😂
It made me laugh when Andi said she’d bought tofu pre lockdown... Ish that something people were stockpiling?! (Love andi, no shade but sounds ridiculous) I love tofu and I don’t know anyone that just buys it unless they a)know what to do with it b)have some kind of recipe in mind

It reached 300 just after Andi joined, quickly went down to 250, hovered at 220 for a bit before going back to around 180.
I think the fact that viewing drops is pretty telling, often (especially with live things) people are late to join etc, they don’t join then leave...

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
@GrunkaLunka I will need a motivational chat from you tomorrow as I’m still 15 pages behind and I need to sleep 😴

But in other news....old Lennie is now a VIP! I’ve never been prouder 🥳🥳🥳

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Back in the days when I went clubbing and my days weren’t spent in the gym (before lockdown) and my nights weren’t spent drinking gin :)
@Motherwellgirl were those nights clubbing in the Hamilton Palace at all?

I couldn't watch past the first two minutes tonight gang.,I'm glad the Hellmans people have finally given her some assistant / forced her to prepare. Yes, she should be better organised and stop mentioning what a tit show she's putting on in the midst of being crap. But that length of time to fill while trying to fit to a format, rather than just talk to your phone like most Instagram lives are, needs some help to shape and structure it.

Reactions: 3
I like sweet potato and absolutely hate carrots. I can eat carrots in coleslaw but that is about it. That’s the thing. They don’t taste anything like one another. I’d rather pay a bit more and buy the sweet potato. That’s a really duff swap. Tragic.

Reactions: 3
Whatttttt she’s never watched cookery shows? And she ‘reads cookbooks like novels’? All evidence points to this woman being absolutely disinterested in food, at best.

Have we seen the insta story about labelling vinegar backwards?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
@Motherwellgirl were those nights clubbing in the Hamilton Palace at all?

I couldn't watch past the first two minutes tonight gang.,I'm glad the Hellmans people have finally given her some assistant / forced her to prepare. Yes, she should be better organised and stop mentioning what a tit show she's putting on in the midst of being crap. But that length of time to fill while trying to fit to a format, rather than just talk to your phone like most Instagram lives are, needs some help to shape and structure it.
Very occasionally yes. But more often in the stag which at one point was my home towns only nightclub. Then we got jesterz which was ok.

And very very occasionally in Zanzibar in Motherwell which I really didn’t like. Was like a big shed and the dance floor was like a big circle on the floor that you had to walk down to and everyone used to stand around the top in a big circle and look down at you.

We used to go to the Cleland club now and then back in the days when it was proper social club prices like 50p a spirit. Good times. You had to queue at 6pm or you didn’t get in.

My home town has no clubs now. Just a lot of pubs I wouldn’t set foot in. A Wetherspoon (horrible and looks like a school dinner hall) and another pub that’s part of a chain now but it’s ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 1

But....why??!!
What about eating raw sausages off the butcher as a child? 🤢 Years later I thought it was my mother’s way of trying to kill me off until an older colleague said she used to snack on them, too, and it was kind of a thing. Bizarrely, I never got ill off them.

I’m vegan now 🤣

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Confession.

I actually think the egg free egg sandwich looked and sounded really good and I'm going to make it......:eek:

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
The only thing I know about Andi Oliver is that she was on a really fascinating bbc 3 programme a few years ago when she was trying to lose weight.

She did as well. And she’s besties with Neneh Cherry.

Buffalo stance. Showing my age now.

My mum said to me the other week when you move house you should see if the council will put tonic water through your taps.

Once lockdown ends. More gym. Less gin.
Totally OT but this about the tonic reminded me of something... I used to live in Italy and in a small town (not where I lived) every year for the annual festival they filled the main fountain with wine, instead of water. One year they messed up and pumped wine through everyone’s water supply, everyone went mad filling up all containers with it, obviously, for my entire time living in Italy I was hoping for something similar 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.