Jack Monroe #248 Let's face it, she's the Rachel Dolezal of poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In all the kerfuffle I don't think we've properly examined this little nugget of insania

Screenshot 2022-01-28 at 16.07.57.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 74
Only Jack could post an epic outraged tweet thread based on the most cursory of searches and present it as some kind of mic drop.

It IS awkward that she is so convinced of her fearsome intelligence but she can't even correctly use the Asda search bar 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 62
In all the kerfuffle I don't think we've properly examined this little nugget of insania

View attachment 1023240

There are so many gems in today's chaos TBH. Her take on autism also deserves a closer look -

"Your Honour, I have a smoking gun...the witness is autistic."

"Oh! Well we can't possibly question her version of events then. Cast iron evidence, case closed."

• Haha
Reactions: 42
receipts-bundles-box.jpg

Missing in Action. Ten years of receipts.

(I've included a photo so our Jackie has a hint for what to look for.)

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Look at the forensic squigg here, putting Jack to shame. Doesn’t this make more sense than an address book and a puppy brain? I wonder if it’s their life’s work.

6A8148A8-A1CF-4438-A176-AEBFB02C44CD.jpeg

A6230997-C94F-4200-9085-C376563118E9.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Still waiting for Alexis Jack to provide the receipts...
giphy (29).gif

(I'd die if she dressed up to do it too)

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I've noticed the supermarket staff become very unhelpful when you calmly and politely tell them you're onto their scheme to starve the poor to death on the orders of their Tory masters.
I know it's really unlikely to happen, but I would love it if she got banned from her local Asda and had to slum it in Lidl or Aldi like the rest of us!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Look at the forensic squigg here, putting Jack to shame. Doesn’t this make more sense than an address book and a puppy brain? I wonder if it’s their life’s work.

View attachment 1023281

View attachment 1023276
I'd be interested to know from the actual receipts if any of those items were on offer on the first shop. First shop is towards the beginning of the month, second shop towards the end. We all know that offers seem to vanish towards the end of the month, so we try not to buy something if we know it's on offer most of the time.
I'd still like to see visible receipts for stuff like this though, because some people do actually make stuff up :eek: Shocking I know!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Only Jack could post an epic outraged tweet thread based on the most cursory of searches and present it as some kind of mic drop.

It IS awkward that she is so convinced of her fearsome intelligence but she can't even correctly use the Asda search bar 😏
Why is no one stopping her? It’s just nonsense that she’s posting.
Is she redesigning the main inflationary measure used in the UK or is she petitioning for a return of the entire smart price range from last decade in her branch of Asda only (and ignoring it’s likely there but just called something different).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Screenshot_20220128-162436_Twitter.jpg

Also saw this, pondering a chicken and egg question. If foodbanks bulk buy the vast majority of smart price items do they create more foodbank users? Genuine thought, no foodbank shade

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 75
If it's not sold in Asda Thorpe Bay then it doesn't count. Have a nice day!

Edit: Hahaha snap @Smeghead she's too predictable.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2012/apr/04/tesco-rebrands-value-range, not sure how to add directly here, but this is from 2012 explaining why Tesco rebranded its Value range, I am guessing other supermarkets did the same.
Anyway even the value ranges prices would/will have increased or volume reduced due to minimum wage increase, Covid, Brexit, weather conditions etc etc.
Once again she wants to be seen doing something ( while not doing anything effective) even if it is already being done ONS, Marcus and Tom.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I know it's really unlikely to happen, but I would love it if she got banned from her local Asda and had to slum it in Lidl or Aldi like the rest of us!
Jack trying to disguise herself so she can sneak into the Shoebury Asda

images-1.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 87
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.