Jack Monroe #248 Let's face it, she's the Rachel Dolezal of poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I can’t find a particular product in just one of the supermarkets closest to me, despite similar products at the same price, I know I take it as a personal attack and I spend many hours tweeting and threatening to lawyer up.

doesn’t everyone??
I've noticed the supermarket staff become very unhelpful when you calmly and politely tell them you're onto their scheme to starve the poor to death on the orders of their Tory masters.

• Haha
Reactions: 68
I noticed she managed to tag the moleskin notebook company in with her "having to eat Smart Price tinned tomatoes in order to afford them" grift 😒
Yes you really start to pick up patterns she puts these little phrases in place. If I were a linguist (I'm not) it would be fascinating to study..

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
Jack you can't wang on about smart price tinned fruit being discontinued when you told everyone to buy Del Monte instead.
Not sure where this will land in terms of timing but this #threadtitle

ETA has already been nommed. Surely needs no further discussion, my lords ladies and gentlemen of the cabal

• Haha
Reactions: 41
View attachment 1023186

Jack Monroe is a Smart Price Custard Denier.
Beat me to it - I literally just screen grabbed this. Have no idea what it cost when Jack was a poor but 19p seems pretty good to me. I admit I did have to search "custard" as opposed to "smart price custard" but here we are. Might want to fine tune those forensic investigative skills. Maybe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Bless her. Sat in a caff with her Moleskine. Gazing into the distance having Important Thoughts about bacon grill and tinned chicken in horse-spunk sauce.
Modern day Saint, she is. St Jack of Thorpe Bay,
Patreon * Saint of Useless note taking and Narcissism
* see what I did there?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
If I can’t find a particular product in just one of the supermarkets closest to me, despite similar products at the same price, I know I take it as a personal attack and I spend many hours tweeting and threatening to lawyer up.

doesn’t everyone??
Perfect comment to match the profile name...

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Beat me to it - I literally just screen grabbed this. Have no idea what it cost when Jack was a poor but 19p seems pretty good to me. I admit I did have to search "custard" as opposed to "smart price custard" but here we are. Might want to fine tune those forensic investigative skills. Maybe.
Looking at the other stuff the prices seem mostly OK. No Smart Price marmalade but Asda's own brand is 55p a jar, similarly no Smart Price peaches but they have a tin of La Doria tinned peaches for 31p which again seems like a good price. No own brand or Smart Price pineapples but you can't get Jack's faves Del Monte at 80p for 220g or £1.10 for 435g.

Reactions: 27
It's the same as the lemons.....they are available at 20p each but they're called Grower's selection 🤷‍♀️ Who wants facts to get in the way of outrage though?! Is there any point posting this information on Twitter? Nope!

Reactions: 38
And now we get to the heart of the matter... the real reason she is pissed off is because the cheap pasta isn't available in Shoeburyness Asda.
This I think its because due to lock stock she's having to use her real pasta to make her erm.."dinner"

Reactions: 10
Well, it is confusing - according to Jack ‘she’s just a woman with a biro’ 🤷‍♀️
Is that prunes at the bottom of the list of tinned fruit? And tinned grapefruit segments?

I have noticed prunes is a new fad food, one day they had two different prune recipes in the Guardian.

MelDonte, you best be paying her again for that list.

I'm on a grunk, you fraus are going so fast I can't keep up.

I'm liking the subtle drifting going on. First the almost empty bank accounts (funny how the personal one was at exactly 0 and not some random number of pence), asking whether something would pay her heating bill and now struggling to pay her rent when at the same time she is giving away money for ten copies of her book.

I realised she has got the exact same pair of glasses I just bought. I intend to go and kick the optician in the shins and demand some new ones.

Oh, I noticed from the ONS link someone shared showing that they were going to be making changes from November that granular maths is a real thing so I googled it.

What does granular mean in statistics?

Granular data is detailed data, or the lowest level that data can be in a target set. It refers to the size that data fields are divided into, in short how detail-oriented a single field is. ... As the data becomes more subdivided and specific, it is also considered more granular.

So she has basically stolen that term and misapplied it to what she is doing.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.