Jack Monroe #248 Let's face it, she's the Rachel Dolezal of poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I work in a care home but have no lived experience of being elderly :( I'll hand in my resignation tomorrow and apologise for being such a youthsplaining ninny.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 93
A few years Aldi started selling skiing and horseriding equipment in their store in one of the most deprived areas of Glasgow ( amiright, @Veronicaaa ?). On the one hand, maybe a lot of their customers were not likely to buy it, but on the other, people can travel to the store to buy it, and also, why should people be excluded from the potential to purchase stuff like that just because of where they live. Oh who knows. Maybe jack knows

Reactions: 41
A few years Aldi started selling skiing and horseriding equipment in their store in one of the most deprived areas of Glasgow ( amiright, @Veronicaaa ?). On the one hand, maybe a lot of their customers were not likely to buy it, but on the other, people can travel to the store to buy it, and also, why should people be excluded from the potential to purchase stuff like that just because of where they live. Oh who knows. Maybe jack knows
Of course Jack knows. Rain man.

ETA Rain mamapapa

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I feel a bit unhinged after today. I just don't understand why everyone's giving credence to the mad woman with the Moleskines* instead of the actual facts and data. This is the woman who thinks the poors should eat bacon grill like they're going camping with my dad in 1981.

*lovely notebooks, no slight on them.

When I go to the Costco in Glasgow, I pop into a couple of the Lidls because their middle aisles are always way better than ours (case in point: managed to get a wetsuit).

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I don't know, I must have missed this! Thank goodness because tbh with you I find it hard to resist anything on the Lidl middle aisle so if I'd seen reduced price jodhpurs and skis in Aldi I'd probably have been well in there, despite having zero use for either.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
I noticed she managed to tag the moleskin notebook company in with her "having to eat Smart Price tinned tomatoes in order to afford them" grift 😒

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
I noticed she managed to tag the moleskin notebook company in with her "having to eat Smart Price tinned tomatoes in order to afford them" grift 😒
Well you never know where your next tin of beans/tin of tomatoes/moleskin notebook is going to come from. All the better if they're gifted!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
Once for LGBT History Month at work I ashamedly featured Jack as one of the “non binary people in the public eye” on a poster. It was 2017 and I hadn’t yet learned of her scams. Fortunately it didn’t really matter because nobody knew who she/they was anyway. I still feel annoyed that I did that.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Big Violet Beauregarde from Charlie and the Choc Factory vibes from her at the moment; the Violet Beauregarde Index.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Bless her. Sat in a caff with her Moleskine. Gazing into the distance having Important Thoughts about bacon grill and tinned chicken in horse-spunk sauce.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
I don't know, I must have missed this! Thank goodness because tbh with you I find it hard to resist anything on the Lidl middle aisle so if I'd seen reduced price jodhpurs and skis in Aldi I'd probably have been well in there, despite having zero use for either.

Imagine if Asda Thorpe bay or wherever she goes start doing this. Jack cannot stop buying tit, imagine her turning up to a meeting with the FT in a ski jacket & riding hat (in case of wankers needing their shins kicking on the train/accidents like falling under trains plus it’s a bit chilly)

• Haha
Reactions: 31
If I can’t find a particular product in just one of the supermarkets closest to me, despite similar products at the same price, I know I take it as a personal attack and I spend many hours tweeting and threatening to lawyer up.

doesn’t everyone??

• Haha
Reactions: 61
If I can’t find a particular product in just one of the supermarkets closest to me, despite similar products at the same price, I know I take it as a personal attack and I spend many hours tweeting and threatening to lawyer up.

doesn’t everyone??
Forget the lawyers ...

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.