Jack Monroe #244 Why has she turned this into supermarket sweep?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lads, calm yourselves. I know she is infuriating but we have to get through this
She has to rise before she can fall.
The higher she climbs, the giddier she becomes. Then she'll do something stupid and her lies will be all the more public. She'll face questioning from people who actually know what they're talking about and it will start an avalanche of backlash against her.
She's publicly named and shamed supermarkets and they really won't like that. They will have a response and it will be well researched by people who actually know what they are talking about.
Oh and it will definitely be the taxman or taxmanlady that brings her down. She'll either get in serious poo for not filing and face public scrutiny for it or she will file and the lies about how much she earns will be made public.
We just have to wait.
Thanks for saying this. Also she has made money from promoting Del Monte. I think that's really damning

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I would say that the Vimes thing doesn't work for rice, specifically, because in lower income, diverse areas like mine, the Asda sells the huge bags of rice because that's what the local people want and budget for. Its not generally rich (white) people buying 5kg bags of rice.
That’s an interesting point as Jack can’t see past her own experiences.

Reactions: 31
Honestly we need a frau support group as I’m actually gutted that he’s showing such a lack of critical thinking and willingness to listen/grow, even worse is he knows I do the Patreon update for this thread (and pay to host that database, so it actually matters to me!) *because* she’s a scammer and he’s said before he can’t believe people read it (love you guys lol x) so to just assume she’s legit because JOB has platformed her is so so tit.

Again it shows how dangerous a lack of fact checking in the media is - whilst all the guardian foodies were giggling in comments it’s ur lot that elevated her to this point, and it’s on every media outlet that you’ve got nanas donating their winter fuel allowance to a ltd company director. She is a tit Elizabeth Holmes just with no skill set to get that far with it!
When I saw a crazy article published in the tabloids that said that exercise doesn’t help people lose weight I asked my govt health friend about it and she said only 15% of an article published has to be true so in that case the research actually said that for morbidly obese people diet was the first best step not exercise ( for obvious reasons regarding ability to move ) so you can see that no fact checking is done it’s all clickbait and tit x

• Wow
Reactions: 33
Have I got this right - Only The Poors only buy the basics range because this is all they can afford. However, the basic range is identical to the mid price/premium range with different labels, as evidenced by Jack’s extensive research

So of that is true, does it mean the £10 -meal scoffing poshos who don't buy basic ranges have been cross subsidising The Poors?

That is jolly decent of them!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Bloody hell - "naked, shameless racketeering" - what the actual hell? Does she even know what words mean?

Has she forgotten the how bloody brilliant the supermarkets have been over the pandemic? I live with someone who is properly shielding because of covid and every week, without fail we got groceries delivered in full, on time by amazing people who got up and went to work even though they were at risk.

Literally hundreds of thousands of British jobs are provided by the top supermarkets - they are not a bunch of criminal enterprises out to get the poor!

God I am going to have to put my phone down - I just can't with this shameless charlatan!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 78
Grunking from 3 threads ago - what a week it's been a while since we were at a thread a day.
Can everyone slow down now though - I've been BUSY and can't keep up!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
But they're no longer in bland packaging because, quite sensibly, supermarkets realised that shoppers didn't want to be filling their trolleys with items that screamed "CHEAP". The value brands remain but have been rebranded to blend in with the average grocery shop. All she's done here is highlight how out of date she is with budget/bargain shopping.

She's no longer relevant and that's what she can't stand. There are copious amounts of TikTokers producing cheap, healthy, appetising recipes in 3 minute clips. She can't even produce appetising recipes in 3 months.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
She's massively ethnocentric
She is just all about her. I live in a place that has a big Eastern European and Asian community (I'm sorry I know that encompasses a lot but I'm tit at geography) and a lot of Brits will shop at the Polski Skleps and bakeries and especially the Asian shops because you can buy in bulk there and it works out cheaper. Meanwhile Jack is allegedly dragging her infantilised secondary school lad to Asda just to try and prove a point to Twitter.

If this was that important to her she'd do more than paying lip service to the foreign shops, or take the walk to Lidl or Aldi. I'm not a huge Aldi fan but Lidl are amazing and I don't buy her health excuses cos how many Queen Elizabeths could you fit in a shopping basket?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Would an FOI be against the rules @Pocahontas? I feel I want to submit it just so I know she’s definitely Novak Nailing it.
I mean ... sure? If you wanted to find out.
We tend to stay away from talking about reporting people to authorities, but this is a request for info so 🤷🏻‍♀️?

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Have I got this right - Only The Poors only buy the basics range because this is all they can afford. However, the basic range is identical to the mid price/premium range with different labels, as evidenced by Jack’s extensive research

So of that is true, does it mean the £10 -meal scoffing poshos who don't buy basic ranges have been cross subsidising The Poors?

That is jolly decent of them!
Jack’s article says the rice in the value range is irregular and broken, so is it the same or not?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Nipped into my local german-budget style supermarket today and briefly wondered if, at the rate Jack's going, soon she'll be screeching about Aldi Privilege for those close enough to easily walk there. 🧐

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I’m too far behind to even grunk, but I just had to tell that I was trying to read that Graun ‘article’ and my browser went f-you and closed it down 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.